what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Pentode

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Pentode »

Thanks Chris,

I popped the fairing back on this afternoon with the fresh looking brackets. I was going to use aluminium rivet nuts instead of the little plastic fittings but changed my mind and used rubber well nuts instead. Nice firm fixing but with a bit of rubbery flexibility 👍

Cheers
Grahame
Insufferable halfwit.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Finished the bike work bench and ramp, and fitted the Motoforza faring and new steering stops.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

on Tuesday the suzuki went in for a service on new rubbers in the pissing rain, so that was fun. Got a wee sv for a courtesy bike, oh what a fun little thing. Mind I did look like a gorilla perched on such a low thing. *her Fekin words*.
Yesterday the VTR went in for her MOT and newly shod too for the rear. Pissing it down also.
Passed no bother but I've noticed a slight misting on 1 of the forks. That can get fixed later. Need time to do the bars swap in next week.

The Suzuki dealer also does MVs, oh if only I had the cash. They are proper good looking.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Rode it again. 200 miles around the Elan Dams and back.
I always thought it was just one but in fact it's a series of dams. Great day, good weather and not too much traffic
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Richard wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:17 pm Rode it again. 200 miles around the Elan Dams and back. . .
Damn. Three tank fulls!! :D
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

nigelrb wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:22 pm
Richard wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:17 pm Rode it again. 200 miles around the Elan Dams and back. . .
Damn. Three tank fulls!! :D
Not far short 😁👍
But all good fun, my mate is back to work Monday so it was our last furloughed run out together.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Richard wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:17 pm Rode it again. 200 miles around the Elan Dams and back.
I always thought it was just one but in fact it's a series of dams. Great day, good weather and not too much traffic
If the weather is good, it's nice loop round the dams. Did you go all the way to Devils Bridge?
AMcQ
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:37 am
Richard wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:17 pm Rode it again. 200 miles around the Elan Dams and back.
If the weather is good, it's nice loop round the dams. Did you go all the way to Devils Bridge?
No not quite, although we weren't far from there, I think.
Stunning views on the top.
Shocked to see so many wind turbines.
A load of kids were out with their skateboards, waiting for a slot to hurl themselves down the road!!!
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Al, 04.37am!!!!!!!
Now that's impressive either way
Late in from a night out 🥳 or......
Early up for a morning ride 😃👍
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pulled a few out to get to workbench & spent most of the afternoon stripping & cleaning callipers...

Rear's are a pain in the rear to get the pistons out, really must get round to making a jig with a front brake M/C, short hose so i can pump pistons out on the bench... :think:

Fronts are easy as you split them & use a piston puller, the rear is a bigger piston so the flange puller things don't go up that big...
stable 110720.jpg
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:05 pm Pulled a few out . . .
Just how many is your 'few'? :)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

nigelrb wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:20 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:05 pm Pulled a few out . . .
Just how many is your 'few'? :)

How many can you see ?

Then add 2... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Ordered a lithium battery tracker from Antigravity batteries (folks who made the 12-cell Li battery I am using). I had some odd electrical issues over the years (notably batteries going flat, the bike cutting out in the rain). So I replaced the entire wiring harness a couple of years back and all has been good since. However, I have the battery hooked up via a quick-disconnect and unplug after every ride (have a lingering fear of killing another battery).

I am up to date on everything now (new stator, SH847 series R/R, new ignition switch) and hope this bug is but a distant memory. I wired in an LED voltage indicator and it's always green, so everything looks good. Not wanting to walk up to a dead bike, I take no chance and plug and unplug the battery all the time. I long for the good old days of just pulling in, removing the key and leaving. So, I just stumbled onto a little device that should help me to evaluate the situation https://antigravitybatteries.com/produc ... r-lithium/. It will allow me to monitor any drainage or loss, any time, and all the time. Li batteries have many benefits, but they do not take well to over-draining... (trust me on this, lol)

Should get said device any day now and look forward to hooking it up. With motorcycle vacation time around the corner, it would be nice to leave knowing everything is up to par.

So, will keep you folks posted (if you like, of course)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Looks interesting, Mick.
Let us know how it goes.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

Non Storm day.

I got the twins out 8)
Attachments
200712 2.jpg