what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

VTRDark wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:06 pm Any goodies that would be nice on my build :biggrin So what are you up to now then.

It's dry outside so I shall get back to my bodywork prep and spray. I might even get around to fitting my Oberon slave. I'm not sure what to do wit my chain and sprockets. The chain has been soaking in engine oil for the last 6 months but I may just bite the bullet and buy a nice new shiny chain and sprockets. It's the bodywork that is reall bothering me as it's holding me back and time consuming along with having to rely on good weather.
i dont actually know what im at lol :eek2 :eek2 .... mostly standard stuff iv cleared out just...
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:19 am
VTRDark wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:06 pm Any goodies that would be nice on my build :biggrin So what are you up to now then.

It's dry outside so I shall get back to my bodywork prep and spray. I might even get around to fitting my Oberon slave. I'm not sure what to do wit my chain and sprockets. The chain has been soaking in engine oil for the last 6 months but I may just bite the bullet and buy a nice new shiny chain and sprockets. It's the bodywork that is reall bothering me as it's holding me back and time consuming along with having to rely on good weather.
i dont actually know what im at lol :eek2 :eek2 .... mostly standard stuff iv cleared out just...
You could be cracking up Rob :lol:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

sirch345 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Chris.
that happened a long time ago.. just need a good clear out :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:30 pm
sirch345 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Chris.
that happened a long time ago.. just need a good clear out :thumbup:
Don't worry, you're not on your own :lol:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I was up early and got thelast bit of wet n drying with 800 grit and have know coated up the tank, undertray, mirrors and the front headlight surround. Waiting for that to dry off for the next hour which should then be dry enough but not fully cured and ready for some laquer. Shall leave that a while untill it dry enough to bring indoors and then move onto the fairings.
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Moved all 7 of them to get something out... :roll:

Custard got singled out for special tratment. Whipped out the rear wheel to fit a new cush drive set. So whilst it was apart gave the rear end a loving squrit of TFR & jet washed the grubby bastid...

Whilst I had the jet wash out * I gave CJStorm a tickle around the rear end at that was minging & cleaned some other parts, a couple of swingarms to get the bulk of the crap off.

Put the bikes away & gave the patio & driveway a blast as well.

* Had to borrow Andy next doors one as the one I had...£30 20 years ago gave up the ghost last time I used it...went splutter splutter bluugh & when I turned round to look at it...Flames were bellowing.... :lol: It was actualy still running just the motor was on fire... 8O The RDC hadnt kicked in at that point so that was my first port of call...kill the power, then unplugged it & dowsed the flames... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:41 am I was up early and got thelast bit of wet n drying with 800 grit and have know coated up the tank, undertray, mirrors and the front headlight surround. Waiting for that to dry off for the next hour which should then be dry enough but not fully cured and ready for some laquer. Shall leave that a while untill it dry enough to bring indoors and then move onto the fairings.
MacV2 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:03 pm Moved all 7 of them to get something out... :roll:

Custard got singled out for special tratment. Whipped out the rear wheel to fit a new cush drive set. So whilst it was apart gave the rear end a loving squrit of TFR & jet washed the grubby bastid...

Whilst I had the jet wash out * I gave CJStorm a tickle around the rear end at that was minging & cleaned some other parts, a couple of swingarms to get the bulk of the crap off.

Put the bikes away & gave the patio & driveway a blast as well.

* Had to borrow Andy next doors one as the one I had...£30 20 years ago gave up the ghost last time I used it...went splutter splutter bluugh & when I turned round to look at it...Flames were bellowing.... :lol: It was actualy still running just the motor was on fire... 8O The RDC hadnt kicked in at that point so that was my first port of call...kill the power, then unplugged it & dowsed the flames... :lol: :lol:
Busy boys :clap: :clap:

You're putting me to shame,

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

See Duffy’s street fighter thread 🤪

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I got the whole lot coated in Black and laquered too. Now to leave it all to fully cure before a light wet n dry, applying decals etc and then back out again with the laquer for more coats. It was perfect weather for spraying today. I feel like things are progressing. Next on my list will be rads...a good rub down and a coat of Eastwoods and I also have wheels to do. I'm going dayglo with them along with some reflective laquer so they light up at night when the light hits them.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Good bit of progress then Carl. It was a lovely day to spray too

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

this was Friday night.
after they came loose in the last test drive, I Readjusted the headstock bearings again and put the fairing back on with the plan to get the bike MOT'd today. once Fairing was on I tested al the lights and indicators ..... feckin headlight dip beam has blown .. :evil: if only I had thought to check it when the fairing was off!! :(

So new bulb purchased on my way home from cycling, and then I popped in to see if the local bike shop was still going to be open later .... bugger , he has shut for good :( so I went home fitted the bulb and set off to the other place near my work that I used to use for MOTs ..... get there and they now closed shop at 1pm!.

so went for a bit of a ride and the positive part of teh whole wasted journey was that there was still no clunk from the bearings when I got home :thumbup:
AMcQ
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Well at least that was good news Al

Duffy1964
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

done feck all to my bike, as it's 1000 miles away.
I did visit the jackal today tho, not seen him for about a year. good to catch up. he showed me his special parts....phnarrrr phnarrr
still got a little ways to go, but it's starting to look good. keep up the good work buddy... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:51 pm this was Friday night.
after they came loose in the last test drive, I Readjusted the headstock bearings again and put the fairing back on with the plan to get the bike MOT'd today. once Fairing was on I tested al the lights and indicators ..... feckin headlight dip beam has blown .. :evil: if only I had thought to check it when the fairing was off!! :(

So new bulb purchased on my way home from cycling, and then I popped in to see if the local bike shop was still going to be open later .... bugger , he has shut for good :( so I went home fitted the bulb and set off to the other place near my work that I used to use for MOTs ..... get there and they now closed shop at 1pm!.

so went for a bit of a ride and the positive part of teh whole wasted journey was that there was still no clunk from the bearings when I got home :thumbup:
lots of bike shops closing in London Al. the local boroughs deem them as dirty business's and don't want them anymore.......... :(
good news on the clunk mate... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy1964 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:19 pm See Duffy’s street fighter thread 🤪

I did mate as you know :wink:
VTRDark wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:49 pm I got the whole lot coated in Black and laquered too. Now to leave it all to fully cure before a light wet n dry, applying decals etc and then back out again with the laquer for more coats. It was perfect weather for spraying today. I feel like things are progressing. Next on my list will be rads...a good rub down and a coat of Eastwoods and I also have wheels to do. I'm going dayglo with them along with some reflective laquer so they light up at night when the light hits them.
You've done well today Carl, you're getting there by the sounds of it :thumbup:
AMCQ46 wrote: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:51 pm this was Friday night.

I wouldn't bother with a lottery ticket, unless you're buying three of course :wink:

On a more serious note one out of three is actually really good considering what number three is :D
Fingers crossed it has been fixed,

Chris.