what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

fabiostar wrote:well today i fell out with mine for the last time and want it away from near me :redface :redface
Not againImage what’s it done now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

Duffy1964 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:51 am
fabiostar wrote:well today i fell out with mine for the last time and want it away from near me :redface :redface
Not againImage what’s it done now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aaah bollox its back to square one, same problem with running like a diesel :thumbdown:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Shauned71 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:05 pm Well I didn't do it all today but I did finish it today... found up around London, it had taken a tumble not to long ago and had been parked up since... I spotted it on the marketplace on the book of faces and enquired about it near 2 months ago but didn't follow anything up then 4 weeks later I get a random message asking me if I was interested and it was an offer I couldn't refuse.. as miserable as it looked in general the damn thing is really tidy and clean underneath.. so a bit of yesterday and today was devoted to giving old boy a make over and get ready for MOT.

I have found the photo I was looking for. I think it could be the same bike, what do you all think :?:

Chris.
Attachments
Stu's-yellafella-M1Re.jpg
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode Nue Red home from Chez Jonesey in Ramsey...

Trundeled up there yesterday for a vist & a bit fun with airguns...as you do... :Gun3:

Roads busy thanks to some incosiderate cagers smashing into eachover...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

brought mine to the dyno today to get answers 8O 8O .

went pretty well. ok it was a pig to ride to it, it ran so rough at times it broke its chain, and nearly didnt get me home it run so bad but ,i mean thats not bad lol
thelens

Post by thelens »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:20 pm brought mine to the dyno today to get answers 8O 8O .

went pretty well. ok it was a pig to ride to it, it ran so rough at times it broke its chain, and nearly didnt get me home it run so bad but ,i mean thats not bad lol
hmmmmm sounds like my bike two weeks ago ! I know it sounds daft... but.... you may have put diesel fuel in it !!!!!
Mine ran too... but it ran hot and with lots of white smoke. It could well be worth draining and refueling.
not much of a cost to do so :D
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

:clap: no i made sure it was petrol today, iv done diesel before lol
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

I will be fitting, a new clutch master cylinder, lighten flywheel, rear sets, new braced swing arm, radial calipers and a few more things
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Leaving for work this morn...No dipped beam on me cheap chinky purchace LED bulb...High beam working so rode in with that on... :lol:

Didnt seem to make much difference to cagers getting out of the way but hey ho it was raining & shite traffic...

Got home fitted a normal bulb & all is fine...I was wondering if it was the switch playing up but no it was the bulb...Now in the bin !
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "some of bikes" today

Post by MacV2 »

Fresh oil in custurd, needs a treat now & then, 65k on the clocks now...Next on the list it needs a new front tyre as it has actualy squared off a tad... 8O

Nue red got somew lovin'...New SBS sintered pads for the Brembo stoppers & with much help from Jonesey who kindly came over to give me a hand, put some shiney new Needle steering head bearings in.

Will give it a run tomorrow to bed the pads in & check the steering isnt to tight/loose... :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Took it for a ride to see the salesman in the Croydon aprilia shop.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Used my angled carb tool to have a proper go at idle mixtures. Surprised how little effect the screws have after 2T out. Had my gunson timing light as rev counter and it looks like one of the guages is down... 1250 on the clocks = 1100 on the light. Don't suppose I can trust either but it let me measure a 50 to 70 rpm drop.
Off to Brighton for the Ace burnup sunday.. Might keep up with mate on 96 blade🤔.
Still, the K tech springs are the business, no preload to speak of but they feel lovely👍 wallow gone and the ride is better.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:59 pm Took it for a ride to see the salesman in the Croydon aprilia shop.
Naughty..........
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:06 pm Fresh oil in custurd, needs a treat now & then, 65k on the clocks now...Next on the list it needs a new front tyre as it has actualy squared off a tad... 8O

Nue red got somew lovin'...New SBS sintered pads for the Brembo stoppers & with much help from Jonesey who kindly came over to give me a hand, put some shiney new Needle steering head bearings in.

Will give it a run tomorrow to bed the pads in & check the steering isnt to tight/loose... :lol:
Test run completed all all is well in the world of NueRed...Stoppers check...headstock check... Didn't lock up on the brakes or the pads fall out...No knocking on the steering stem, bars free, turns nicely with no notchiness, don't wobble no hands...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
thelens

Post by thelens »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:49 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:06 pm Fresh oil in custurd, needs a treat now & then, 65k on the clocks now...Next on the list it needs a new front tyre as it has actualy squared off a tad... 8O

Test run completed all all is well in the world of NueRed...Stoppers check...headstock check... Didn't lock up on the brakes or the pads fall out...No knocking on the steering stem, bars free, turns nicely with no notchiness, don't wobble no hands...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yayyyyy nice one :D