Sounds like an elegant solution.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

Chippieminton wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:03 pm Thanks Chris

Sounds like an elegant solution.
I wouldn't go that far :lol:
You lose some of the steering lock obviously, although you soon get used to that. For me it meant I didn't need to trim the fairing, I believe you said your fairing is already trimmed.

I should have added, I fitted the steering stops to the frame not the bottom yoke, making them hard to see without looking for them,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Custard... Gave it a thrashing up to the petrol station, filled it up, thrashed it home, kicked the tyres, checked the oil, lubed the chain, tucked it up for the night.

What it doesn't know is that tomorrow it's going Gt Baddow which is where it threw me off last Oct... 8O

If you don't hear from me on Boxing day you know it hasn't gone well... :lol: :lol:

:Boxing1:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:23 pm Custard... Gave it a thrashing up to the petrol station, filled it up, thrashed it home, kicked the tyres, checked the oil, lubed the chain, tucked it up for the night.

What it doesn't know is that tomorrow it's going Gt Baddow which is where it threw me off last Oct... 8O

If you don't hear from me on Boxing day you know it hasn't gone well... :lol: :lol:

Must be bloody roasting over there.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 4:38 pm
MacV2 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:23 pm Custard... Gave it a thrashing up to the petrol station, filled it up, thrashed it home, kicked the tyres, checked the oil, lubed the chain, tucked it up for the night.

Must be bloody roasting over there.
The Turkey & tatties were mmmmm...nomnomnom...

Was mild & dry Monday, bright n cold today, saw quite a few bikes out & about on the way back home today.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

3 degrees here unfortunately which is just too cold for my soft skin
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormyRob wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:04 pm 3 degrees here unfortunately which is just too cold for my soft skin
Ya big girls blouse... :lol: :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

went for a boxing day ride down to the med, a bit chilly tho, just under ten degree's, felt good to go for a ride tho, fingers crossed i'll be out again this sunday.. :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

got old yellows brakes serviced and bled up so first chance i get im getting out a spin,, this is the longest iv been of a bike in a while and im starting to get major withdrawal :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

started the horrible job of working out how to get the 7r front end to fit the yellow one down the line.
cut and pressed out the 7r stem out of its yokes, then machined a sleeve to reduce the hole to take the storm spindle which popped outa the storm yoke pretty easy once the weld was ground off :D
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

I haven't done much to the VTR because I haven't had to. It just runs like it's supposed to and even if I wanted to do something it's cold out in the shop. I have become somewhat of a pansy in my dotage preferring to camp by the heater and wait for spring. I did buy the old girl a race stand. I have been wanting one but these all seem a bit pricey, even the used ones on Craigslist were more that I wanted to spend. We have these stores called Harbor Freight. They are filled to the brim with exceptionally adequate tools and they have great prices. (This is the wonder of cheap Chinese manufacturing and bulk container shipping.) I found a rear stand for $35.00! I had to have it and it works a treat. Now I can service the chain without resorting to my pool ladder and chain hoist arrangement.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome back Jim, how's things?
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

jimbos alive :D :D
Big_Jim59

Post by Big_Jim59 »

Oh I'm alive I just don't look like nothin'. It's freaking cool here (or cold for Texas) right at freezing and I just don't have the gear or the gumption for it. My last project, a 1995 Honda CB1000 Super Four turned out well and I was riding that a bit before the weather turned. It's freight train long, heavy and I'll tell you, not as much fun as the Storm. It is a bit more upright in riding position and as such a bit more comfortable.

After that I broke my tractor and I had to rebuild the transmission. It kind of filled the available space in the shop because I had to split it in half and then drop the gear box out of it. It's not a big tractor (a 70s vintage L175 Kubota) but it's huge when you bring it in the shop. I fixed a sticking brake and did some electrical work on it and it's now fantastic. The gear that turned loose has been dodgy ever since I bought it 12 years ago.

So on to my next project. I have a two story house that was built badly in the 1980s. I have been in the process of replacing the wood siding and the bottom half is mostly complete. I have been puzzling over how to replace the wood on the top half. It's problematic since I hate ladders and I am getting too old to be up on them anyway. I was looking over Craigslist and this little baby jumped out at me.

It is a 70s vintage JLG 33RTS rough terrain lift. It's powered by the Ford Kent 4 cylinder. Runs on gas or propane and is driven by hydraulic motors on each wheel. As an added bonus is has a built in AC/CD Miller arc welder. The welder also acts as a power generator and runs on a hydraulic motor of its own. The price was right and so I bought it. I have never owned anything like this before. I plan on using it to fix the house and selling it on after I am done.
Motorcycling is a tool with which you can accomplish something meaningful in your life. It is an art." Theresa Wallach
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

still not been out on the Storm with its new front end, but managed a day out on the Trials bike for the first time this year!!!! ..... was good fun, new years resolution has to be to get out on all my bikes more often
AMcQ