fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

at last got rid of my top yoke i hated for an earlier flat topped jobbie

the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Commando77 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:04 pm IAre you saying it won't release the bottom end because it fouls on the head?
I can't remember mate. I know I undid the inner one and took it out but I can't remember whether I undid the outer one and it wouldn't release the head or I just thought baldrocks to it and took the heads off.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

:D ha ha....all came apart nicely otherwise. I've enough unfamiliar bits disassembled without pulling the heads. Did think I had a front head oil leak but it was the mcct gasket had settled and bolts very loose. My mistake.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Plastigage arrived. Rods look OK at just over nominal clearance (0.00165") but mains are over limit at 0.002".
Will ask for suggestions in other thread.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Uncovered the SP2, looked at it, covered it back up again, then spent four hours making a cage for the garage alarm to stop a teef simply taking the batteries out. I reckon the alarm is now safe enough, no-ones going to be able to steal it now, or stop it going off.
If only I had enough metal to make a cage for the bike ...

But it occurred to me that I have to take the shock out to get it refurbed (can't afford a good one) so I might as well leave it without for the winter layup and suspended on a hoist. No-one can wheel it away then.

Also bought a 13mm chain and padlock at a black Friday discount.... too heavy to cart about but will add yet another layer of security when in the garage.

Why the concerns?
There have been ten garages/sheds broken into in our village over the last three weeks.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:45 pm
Why the concerns?
There have been ten garages/sheds broken into in our village over the last three weeks.....
CCTV.

Pix are the only things the old bill are interested in. Get a wifi IP camera and set it to send you an email with pix from movement detection. Cheap and easy.

We had a spate up here. I had a scrote have a look in my shed. Didn't take anything because anything of value was secure. OB were pleased as punch. Knew the guy but had no evidence until then. Pleaded not guilty, was convicted and sent down.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:37 pm
tony.mon wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:45 pm
Why the concerns?
CCTV.

Pix are the only things the old bill are interested in. Get a wifi IP camera and set it to send you an email with pix from movement detection. Cheap and easy.

We had a spate up here. I had a scrote have a look in my shed. Didn't take anything because anything of value was secure. OB were pleased as punch. Knew the guy but had no evidence until then. Pleaded not guilty, was convicted and sent down.
OK, I'll have a look. Cheaper than a shotgun set at knee level with a trip wire, anyway.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

The look on the desk officer's face when I called in and said I'd had a break in was a picture. A picture of absolute disinterest and boredom. When I showed him my phone he actually RAN into the back to find the duty CID officer who actually RAN out with him. Within minutes there were two cars up at my place. Plaster of Paris moulds of footprints, the whole nine yards. My, did I snigger.

There had been a load of thefts from allotment sheds and the like. Old cagers having their strimmers nicked and moaning like buggery. Nothing the police could do at the time. I was asked if I was willing to go to court as a witness and said yes but it wasn't necessary.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:16 pm The look on the desk officer's face when I called in and said I'd had a break in was a picture. A picture of absolute disinterest and boredom. When I showed him my phone he actually RAN into the back to find the duty CID officer who actually RAN out with him. Within minutes there were two cars up at my place. Plaster of Paris moulds of footprints, the whole nine yards. My, did I snigger.

There had been a load of thefts from allotment sheds and the like. Old cagers having their strimmers nicked and moaning like buggery. Nothing the police could do at the time. I was asked if I was willing to go to court as a witness and said yes but it wasn't necessary.
Yer lucky they didn't frame you for it, as your footprints and fingerprints will have been all over the place....
What type of plaster will they use after brexit?
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Started the winter rebuild. I noticed a bit of a creak from the rear suspension and, whilst I had a look at the linkage a little while ago I didn't check the swingarm bearings. I also have a cracked pipe (but a spare in the shed).

The exhaust stud nuts spun off like smooth spinny things. I have a very old tube of hi-temp Depac anti-seize which is magic stuff and it was still under the nuts.

The standard cans are lovely and quiet (92dB) but they weigh a ton. I'd forgotten how heavy they were. Wish I could find something as quiet but a lot lighter. But I suppose quiet and light are mutually exclusive.

I think I'm going to strip the rear rack off so that will probably be for sale along with the top box if anyone is interested.

KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Found the creak from the rear suspension.

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

oops :eek2 . they have a habit of doing that :confused
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:40 pm Found the creak from the rear suspension.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Finally got the bodywork painted.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

So I need to ues the bike tomorrow so I thought I better pull it out & fire it up, check oil & kick the tyres...

I also needed to change the rear pads as they were on the low side...

So I has a looksie & the piston looks a bit manky & as it will need to be pushed back in, I thought I'd better clean that up before it gets pushed back in...Simple job innit...

Frank pipes up & says remember you bought that one in the bundle the other day...Oh yeah I'm draining it all down so just as quick to just swap the calliper...

20 fekin min's of serchin later, the 8 legged freak says, didn't you sell that one to Jonas...?

DOH! No problem, quick check of Dresden, clean calliper, nice meaty pads, I'll nick that one & sort the cleaning out on another day...

So after stripping it off I move on to Custurd to stip off that calliper...

One of the bloody screws on the rez pot it totaly chewed up...FFS!...

Goes in & kicks Franks butt across the Cave & dug out another rez pot, faffed about swapping that, swapped the calliper, bled it up...Sorted...

Fired it up, let it run up till the fan kicked in & checked me heated gloves were working, gonna need them tomorrow !

Tools packed away, bikes back in, Custurd on an overnight charge...jobs done.

So what have we learned today ?

Never trust a lying arachnid who cant keep a decent stock check up to date... :x

Never worry that you have too many bikes or spares... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...