what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
bigtwinthing

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by bigtwinthing »

Insured it, cheap when ya 60 £91 with full recovery (if required) yahoo.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Cadbury64

Post by Cadbury64 »

Really enjoying the spring weather here in New Zealand; we got up to 24C on Sunday, and the conditions for riding were just as perfect as they look. This is the view across to Coromandel form Kaiuaua.

2017 MT-10SP, 2019 Vespa Primavera 150
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

bigtwinthing wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:14 pm Insured it, cheap when ya 60 £91 with full recovery (if required) yahoo.
Enjoy it while you can, the SP2 wasnt much more than that but apparently a Tuono with all of the electronic aids known to man to save me from my own stupidity is more than 3 times the price for an extra 78cc.

I have to crash it now just to get my money back
:(
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cadbury64 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:58 pm Really enjoying the spring weather here in New Zealand; we got up to 24C on Sunday, and the conditions for riding were just as perfect as they look. This is the view across to Coromandel form Kaiuaua.

Our good weather feels like a long time ago now :cry: although it was great when we had it 8)
Cracking photo :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Washed two weeks worth of crud off of Custurd, cleaned & lubed the chain, put some oil in it...

Started & run up to temp Red633...

Stripped, cleaned & rebuilt a set of callipers that were on Custurd & have been sitting on the bench since I changed them over a couple of months ago...

Put covers on the fleet as its almost condensation on the tin roof time... :(
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

First mod on the Tuono- spotted that the can touches the swingarm and has lightly marked it, whinged to the seller and they are sending me a set of carbon swingarm covers and 100 pounds. While waiting for them to arrive I spaced the can out to clear the swingarm, using a titanium ear piercing tunnel, which will provide a useful bungee point.

I know the bolt is too long and will therefore weigh more than it needs to, so I ordered a nice Titanium set of nut, Allen cap head and washers to do the job properly.

The weight saving has started...... :lol:

kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

What Tuono do you have ?

I have had a fling with a few Apes .

07 Tuono, 13RSV , and a Shiver 750.

Nice bikes to ride however,

I am glad I kept the VTR.

Yesterday I did about 400Ks in great weather over a wide variety of roads.

Even rode some dirt, about 4 Klms between Braidwood and Nerriga in Rural NSW where things have been know to get out of hand.

Had a run with a lad on a VFR 800 at about $2.40 and was pulling away. in fairness the geaser did have his missus on the back and she wasn't a small girl by any stretch of the imagination.

Lots of fun and the VTR loved it.

Always runs and sounds different after a good thrash!

One of the main reasons I put the ZX10 USD on the Storm was the Apes.

I just loved the way The front felt compared to the standard Storm.

Enjoy your trip with the Apes. :beer: :beer: :beer:

P. S You will be hard pressed to shave too much more off the Ape.

The level,of fittings are far superior to the VTR, that can be fixed though !
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's the 2019 1100 v4 Factory, with electronic gen 2 Ohlins suspension, lean sensitive traction control, and abs, anti wheelie and rear lift mitigation, cruise, launch control and a pit lane limiter. But no heated grips or fuel level indicator. I'll just have to put up with that.
Came with a titanium full Akra system fitted, plus the horrible and heavy original.

But I will put the lithium battery from the SP2 in, and gradually replace all the fixings with Ti, that should help.

Wife says I'm not getting another one after this, but if there's a new model out in a couple of years with a fuel level indicator and heated grips, well........
kenmoore

Post by kenmoore »

Ha ha!

My wife used to say The same .
South Coast
New South Wales
Australia
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Fired up Custurd for a wet run into work...turned round after about 10 miles & came home...

Bloody thing is coughing & spluttering like a good un...

Started doing it on the way home last night... Hunting on constant throttle, bit like being in too high a gear off a roundabout.

Thought fek that not having it conk out half way down the A2 so came home it's a bit safer...

Thinking it could be electrical or carbs maybe the choke nut has given up...sh1t in the carbs ( i tried that nearly broke me neck falling off it with me kecks round me ankles...ba boom tish... :tumbleweed: ) fairly new plugs in it but maybe a coil breaking down or split plug cap...

Will start investigation a bit later in between showers...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Well as I went back to bed & sleeping till 12.30 not much got done yesterday... DOH !

So this morn I was out in the MacCave around 10 of the AM...

Cleaned it as it was minging from the weeks commute...

Started with starting it warming up for a bit, turned off & checked the batt, 12.5 to 13 v. Fired it back up 14.5+ v so all is god in R/R land...

Raiesd the tank to check all fuel pipes are good, Vac pipes all secure no splits or missing bungs...

Choke nut all pressent & correct...

Took the tank right off, & put aside... Rear plug out looks a bit dirty & not very new...Now I could have sworn they were replaced recently but then again it might have been on Nue Red... Any way decided to put new plugs in so sorted the rear, onto the front...

First thing is to check the drain hole & give a squirt of WD, plug cap off, spark plug spanner in... Plug is really loose in the hole, very easy finger not tight loose... Again a bit grubby so new one in...

Decided to give it a test before digging any deeper...

Starts fine, idles fine, rides fine... :thumbup: Span it up the road & got some fule, this is 7 odd miles up the road & just the point on the way home on Thursday that it stared playing up...

Run home it ran fine, constant throtle in all gears, a bit of a ragging & back to home...

It would seem to be sorted...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

That's what Fabio said - about thirty times. But hopefully you sorted it.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Finally got to ride the Tuono.
It'll take me a while to get used to using the blipper, as it feels like abuse, downshifting with no clutch, but I'll get used to it.
I miss the visceral grunt of a twin pulsing out of a corner, but she sure is quick.

I have to turn down the traction control and anti wheelie, as I'm getting flashing lights in the dash every time I accelerate, leant over, on damp leaves....
But it hasn't dumped me in a ditch yet.

Cruise control is surprisingly useful.

You have to test ride one of these, but only if you can afford to buy one, because you'll want to......

But the sound doesn't match the 2.... :cry:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:25 am Finally got to ride the Tuono.
Nice one Tony :thumbup:
I'm sure you'll soon get accustomed to it and get comfortable. I know what you mean about the sound and the stomp, it's amazing how the overall experience makes you feel and not just power that makes a good ride. Enjoy! :D
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

I would love one of these,but alas out of my price range so saddled with the Storm.

mmmmmm,.......not too bad then. :D