Post by grumpyfrog »

How then, come on ....
Yah tart.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

grumpyfrog wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:47 pm How then, come on ....
Yah tart.
i put the long winded answer in the build thread, long version short ,changed carbs (5th set) and the cowl that sits under under them,, its going but i trust it as far as i can throw it and im afraid all loves gone for the blue huer :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Yesterday rode up to Dovercourt to visit me Sister in the new to her house, had some lunch & made off as soon as poss & dropped in at Joneseys about 5miles down the road...

Got fed again with the worlds biggest steak ! few beers & spent the night...

Feeling crap with a colb, all snotty & sneezey... Michaleanightingale was on hand to see me through the worst...

Bit of a crap nights sleep up at 6 but was watching the Bol 'dor 24hr on the box, left about 12 & despite the traffic & roadworks home in 90 mins just over 90 miles... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Oh & only 2 sneezes on the way back which was a bonus...I had visions of multiple stops to blow hooter...
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:53 pm Oh & only 2 sneezes on the way back which was a bonus...I had visions of multiple stops to blow hooter...
You should leave the visor open.It just blows to the back of your helmet then. :lol:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

MacV2 wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:53 pm Oh & only 2 sneezes on the way back which was a bonus...I had visions of multiple stops to blow hooter...
One solution to a runny nose...

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Neither of the above recommendations were very helpful thanks...

I cant ride with an open visor as its a fast Red Storm & my eyes water too much & flys become leathal projectiles...

Last time I tried to buy tampons (for a female partner before you all start !) I was asked to leave the shop...

Stayed in bed today & phoned in sick... :sick:
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Just had a flu jab but you have to be old to get that on the nhs🙄. Doesn't stop colds from grandkids though...
Pulled the old front bt023, took some bead breaking in vice and what a stiff old piece of rubber (nov 2011 code) compared to new michelin which is also 1/2 lb lighter. The rear looks like a challenge as it won't fit my vice!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mac's comedy Storm moment pt3...

Came out of work fully waterproofed up as it had just feked it down...

Got to Custurd went to put the key in the ign. to take the steering lock off & managed to flick the key out of me hand...

Didn't hear it drop on the ground...WTF where has it gone ?

Couldn't see it anywhere so very carefully reached down in to the fairing void on the left...

Just felt it & managed to grasp it twixt finger & thumb...

Phew I had visions of having to take the fairing off, which would of been difficult as I have no tools on this bike... :lol: :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MOT time for Custurd...7038 miles since last year...

Passed but with advisory for shagged rear wheel bearing...

He had some bearings in stock which I bought even tho I thought Frank had some in stock...

So came home, stuck the new bearings in the freezer, checked with Frank & he had several different size bearings in stock all diff to the new ones...?

I was looking at the new ones & thought they looked a bit small...

So took the wheel out, cleaned all the gunk off the bearing faces & looked at the number 6204...check the new ones..box is labled 6204 but both the bearings are 6004's...DOH !

As it happened Frank came up good as there were 2x 6204's in stock & he even had a dust seal as well...

He let me down though as he didn't have a sprocket carrier bearing in stock...

Anyhoo I got the old bearings out, new ones in, new seal on the brake side & replaced the seal on the sprocket carrier as well...

The brake side bearing was feked, you can feel the movment in it in your hand...spins ok but moves in & out which it shoudn't...Not a lot but enough to have the wheel moving horribly when mounted, the extra leverage you get shows it up much more...

Boxed it all back up just in time for the rain to start...

Rang up the MOT guy & told him the bearings were wrong, he checked the other two & apparently they are correct...

Will pop in on the way home on Tues to swap them over...Might as well put the new ones back in stock...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Another year for Custard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
thelens

Post by thelens »

The VTR seemed lonely so I bought it a playmate :D

First ride today and first ever ride on an Ebike lol

Not even been on a pushbike for about ten years. Not bad at all and I enjoyed it loads :D
I covered about 20 miles and I can still walk :lol: Short stretch from roundabout to roundabout I hit 50.2 KMH :D
Rode up all the hills big and small. The Bike is a Scot Sub Cross 30 and uses a bosch 250w motor.
9 gears and hydraulic disc brakes. Feeling fitter already..... ok... sure I will after a lie down :D
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

thelens wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:15 pm The VTR seemed lonely so I bought it a playmate :D

First ride today and first ever ride on an Ebike lol

Not even been on a pushbike for about ten years. Not bad at all and I enjoyed it loads :D
I covered about 20 miles and I can still walk :lol: Short stretch from roundabout to roundabout I hit 50.2 KMH :D
Rode up all the hills big and small. The Bike is a Scot Sub Cross 30 and uses a bosch 250w motor.
9 gears and hydraulic disc brakes. Feeling fitter already..... ok... sure I will after a lie down :D
Is it dongled?

My pedelec

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
thelens

Post by thelens »

Very Nice !
Looks like it cost twice what mine did lol
Not even sure what a dongle is except those things you stick in a laptop :D
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i rode mine today, not often thats happened this year :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 but it confirmed that the plastic cowl is indeed the fix :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: