what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by VTRDark »

Oooh tartan end cans :biggrin :lol: Looks like they may be kevlar, strange colour and weave. Yamamoto are supposed to pretty good so should sound really nice and give you a little boost. Intresting headers...looks like the cans will have a nice upswept angle on them too.

As for the bike, well I think you maybe follwong in Mac's footsteps the way your going :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:53 pm Oooh tartan end cans :biggrin :lol: Looks like they may be kevlar, strange colour and weave. Yamamoto are supposed to pretty good so should sound really nice and give you a little boost. Intresting headers...looks like the cans will have a nice upswept angle on them too.

As for the bike, well I think you maybe follwong in Mac's footsteps the way your going :lol:
He is desperatly trying to catch up but still has a way to go... :lol: :lol:

Oh & I already have a badly painted matt black one in stock... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTRDark wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:53 pm Oooh tartan end cans :biggrin :lol: Looks like they may be kevlar, strange colour and weave. Yamamoto are supposed to pretty good so should sound really nice and give you a little boost. Intresting headers...looks like the cans will have a nice upswept angle on them too.

Yes mate Kevlar tartan! 😁 really happy with them. I don't think anyone will ever catch up with Mac. He has one for each day of the week now!
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

oh lord they look nice :D :D . are they as nice as people say, iv never seen a set in the flesh.... visit required me thinks.

and stop buying bloody bikes lol
Last edited by fabiostar on Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:06 pm Image

Ah Air horns, now that is something I mean to fit to my bike, finding the space on the bike isn't easy :problem:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:18 am

Ah Air horns, now that is something I mean to fit to my bike, finding the space on the bike isn't easy :problem:

Chris.
Take up the whole of the underseat area...Ok if your not carrying anything else...Next time I'm in the MacCave I'll take some more pics of the set up.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

This could be a good time to post the following classic clip for those that heven't seen it.

Hey Fabsio you could build a Moriwaki train next :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:57 am
sirch345 wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:18 am

Chris.
Take up the whole of the underseat area...Ok if your not carrying anything else...Next time I'm in the MacCave I'll take some more pics of the set up.
There is no rush Mac, but if you do think about it a pic or two could be helpful :thumbup:
VTRDark wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:33 pm This could be a good time to post the following classic clip for those that heven't seen it.

Hey Fabsio you could build a Moriwaki train next :lol:

The old ones are the best Carl, they certainly made me laugh again :lol:

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Had a nice little 60 mile ride in the sunshine(at last) and filled it up ready for Grainstorm.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Fitted fresh tyres. They will probably be square by the time I get to Grain.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
podman

Post by podman »

Looked at chopping it in..

Had a demo ride on an MT10 , still not a massive fan of some areas of the bike but I do love the overall aggressive look of the thing, suits its character and who cares when your riding it, was a riot, demo bike was decatted and sounded epic even with the std can.

Only real area I thought might be better was the brakes, didnt have much in the way of initial bite I thought(even over the Storm...)

Out of balance and curiosity, ive a S1000 R test ride booked in on Friday, ive discounted the Triumph on price and poke but IMHO its the best looking of the super nakeds, ridden my friends GSX1000-S which is also a stonking bike but doesnt have the fun factor of the MT that's for sure.

[url]Image

[url]Image
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Are you not going to try the KTM and the Aprilia? Very different to each other and different to an il4.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
podman

Re: what have you done to your

Post by podman »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 5:55 pm Are you not going to try the KTM and the Aprilia? Very different to each other and different to an il4.
No doubt mate but not impressed with KTM build quality and their reliability , that aside both the KTM and Aprilia are several thousand pounds over my budget, if I get either an MT10 or S1000, it will be a base model .
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Took the fireblade forks up to Fabio's as one of them just waa not right and I do not like messing with forks. Turns out someone had assembled one of them incorrectly. Disassembled, new oil and reassembled. Simple as that. No issues whatsoever! 😂
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Beef

Post by Beef »

Got a set of K ech fork springs through the post yesterday......need to fit them before my first track day this year at the end of the month 8)