what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
podman

Re: what have you done to your

Post by podman »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 pm Gradually getting the Tuono into shape. Tank cover, levers, GPS mount. Screens arrived today for the ridiculously exposed rad and oil cooler. Just over 200 miles now. Might try full throttle some time in the near future.

The roads are improving but still a nasty mixture of gravel and snow run-off. Have fitted a hot water feed for my jetwash.Image
Very nice indeed Ian, would be very happy to have that in the garage...
KermitLeFrog

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Fuel economy isn't the best. RLOD at 102 miles. Filled with 15.5 litres at 105 miles. What's that? 31 mpg? I wonder if the tank was full to begin with. Worse than a Storm.

Dash said 40 mpg. Time will tell.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

grumpyfrog wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:32 pm Migs are lourvelly.
Tony's ahmm, amended ones were proper thumping ones.
I have a set of alu ones in the back of the cave that really need some TLC, as too nice just to be sat there getting dusty.
Trying to find them is hard due them being busted.
Only other storm I have seen with them was on the Scottish ride out (1 or 2) when we got piss wet through. Cant remember who had them either......
was it gordie? One of the 2 lads who met us in Ayr? I think he had mig pipes on his red bike
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

This evening I put my bike back into touring mode.
refitted 25mm lower foot pegs, raised my clip-ons by 5mm, refitted my full luggage rack. plus the bikes been sporting a touring screen for over a year now. all fluids checked, chain checked and adjusted, just need to check my tyre pressures and see if the gear change lever is at the right angle.
off to Madrid from sunday til wednesday. never been before so it should be a laugh. a mate of mine is joining me for the trip, he's also on a vtr, and another friend who lives in portugal is meeting us in madrid, he also rides a storm... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i'll post up some pics next week.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

Sounds like a perfect few days to me mate, have a great time, re the lower footpegs, what particular pegs are they? Cheers
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

podman wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:38 pm Sounds like a perfect few days to me mate, have a great time, re the lower footpegs, what particular pegs are they? Cheers
I bought the lower footpegs from hong kong via ebay, iirc they cost about £35. its a 25mm drop, and they can be rotated 360 degree's, so for track days you can have them 25mm higher if needs be. them seem plenty strong enough, I've done about 1500 miles on them so far, there's only a few negatives, one...I've started to grind them on the tarmac due to too much lean, two.....they have a sharpish leading edge, and that has started to rub on my Kevlar jeans, I keep meaning to grind down the leading edge to make it smoother.
and the only issue is, I can adjust the rear brake pedal, where as the gear lever can be adjusted to suit.
fwiw I reckon they are worth the money if your covering big mileage, last july I rode from London to spain, 48hrs just over a 1000 miles, and they were spot on, no sore knee's.... :lol:
i'll sort out a picture tomorrow mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

Thanks Martin, they sound worth the money anyway, look forward to seeing the pics.

Today I was an interesting one at Projex dyno, with 3 bikes, my mate took along his 250LC and RS, that was on the money but the RS250 needs a bit more TLC , as does my 500 , it made 71BHP but dyno man is sure there more is in the tank with some further set up, with the temperature falling as quick as the snow, we left him to it..

[url]Image

[url]Image
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Tigger passed its MOT thanks to Neil Baldwin MOT tester, with only advisories on loose (NEW x-ring fitted on a rare sunny day between subzero temps, rain sleet & snow storms) chain and dodgy squared off tyres with a 1mmm left (NEW uns with Universal tyres readt to fit).

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

podman wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:28 pm Thanks Martin, they sound worth the money anyway, look forward to seeing the pics.

Today I was an interesting one at Projex dyno, with 3 bikes, my mate took along his 250LC and RS, that was on the money but the RS250 needs a bit more TLC , as does my 500 , it made 71BHP but dyno man is sure there more is in the tank with some further set up, with the temperature falling as quick as the snow, we left him to it..

[url]Image

[url]Image
Was that at Projex over at Walsall? Kev knows his carbed bikes, we have had a few dyno days there in the past
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Indeed we have :lol: :lol: :lol:

==============================Enter the Darkside
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Fitted my healtech quickshifter today took longer than I thought, but that was due to me being over cautious on tapping into the correct wires and picking the kids up from school. By the time I did it and rearranged some wiring and got ready for work it was 16:40. So before work give it a quick try and went down one junction of the motorway Great fun and sounds good as it pops and bangs. I bought it for the fun of it and also due to some left wrist issues on the bike and less gear changes should help. I’d recommend one and really easy to fit despite my cautious approach if I was to do it again would probably take an hour or so. Tomorrow night I will be fitting lightened flywheel so should be even more fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
podman

Post by podman »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:47 pm
podman wrote: Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:28 pm Thanks Martin, they sound worth the money anyway, look forward to seeing the pics.

[url]Image

[url]Image
Was that at Projex over at Walsall? Kev knows his carbed bikes, we have had a few dyno days there in the past
Certainly was..came recommended on the RD forum, well see what the end result is soon I hope.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

yesterday I returned home after a 4 day 700+ mile ride from catalunya to madrid, then onto Valencia and then back home to catalunya. me and a friend encountered every type of weather, from snow and hail stones, to heavy rain, extreme cold and high winds, oh and 15 degree's and sunny.
it was a crazy 4 days. great food, friendly people and a mix of accommodation from hostel to 4 star hotel, even a knocking shop hotel next to a titty bar, where you can rent rooms by the hour... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
both firestorms didn't miss a beat, other than suffering a tad at altittudes above 4000ft, which is to be expected.
i'll post pics later today.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

You could have applied for job in the titty bar :lol:

That is some crazy weather. It's the same over here now...snow one minute, sun the next. Anyone that doesn't believe in global warming needs to open their eyes. I look forward to seeing the pics. :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

VTRDark wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:47 pm You could have applied for job in the titty bar :lol:
:sick: :sick:
AMcQ