what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:15 pm Fitted new brake pads and gave the callipers a good clean. These brakes are much, much nicer to work on than my old Bandit - nice threaded locking pin. Looking forward to a week of rainy commuting :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed got soaked on the way in & got wet on the way home...Such is life, worst things happen at sea...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 12:35 pm Got all me gear on, ready to pop over to Tony's...Grabbed me keys off the peg...No Ignition key...

:think: Hmmm strange it was there when I rode it home last night...

Opened the cave & pulled Custurd out its not in the ignition, been there done that, diff key for the seat so it's not there...

Checked all pockets, no...spent 20 mins looking, gave up & grabbed the spare...

Rode off got as far as the Jet station & it bucketed down...No waterproofs with me so spun round & came home a bit damp...

Called of Tony for today...the lying gitfaced weather bods said it would be raining but much later this arvo... :x

Came home & started a thourgh search...bins, under chairs, pockets, the gloves I was wearing last night,draws, the washing machine, the gravel outside me back door, the Cave floor...Blinking every where...Proper stumped !

It must be in the 10mm socket black hole... :lol: :lol:

I'm sure it will turn up after I've had another spare cut... :lol:
1 month later I found the bloody thing whilst not looking for it... :lol: :lol:

So when I was actually washing it over the weekend I noticed the repaired rear light fixing had broken again...Cant remember now why I didn't sort it out straight away but... I got home this eve sorted meself out...coffee & a smerk...Pulled several bikes out to get at tools...

Seat off, took out key & put it in me pocket ! Went to unclip the rear light connecters only to find them both out 8O So gawd only knows how long I've been with out rear lights/brake lights ! Took the plastics off, the front fixings on this one are both through bolts as the standard one were long gone when I got it... Put the bolts n nuts in the undertray...Took plastics off & sorted the fixing...Boxed it back up & thought I'd better try the lights to make sure the bulbs havent been rattled to death...

Ahh... I have to go in to get the ingnition key as I hadnt brought that one out..(seat lock diff key) Oh no I dont there it is in the undertray !

DOH then it dawned on me It's only the missing key that I did have a spare cut for... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just can't for the life of me remmeber having the seat off the night it went missing... :confused

Anyhoo...both bulbs still worked so boxed back up with added zip tie insurance on the light conectors...

Mystery solved, tools away & bikes tucked up...

Oh & I did make it over to Tonys this past Sunday Gave Nue Red a run. :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:lol: Mac, glad you found your key eventually :clap:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

sounds like old age ... I cant find half the things I put in "an obvious place" for safe keeping ....... but those are the not the worst ones. there is an even larger group of things that I don't even remember owning, so when I find them I am even more confused.

:lol:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:41 am sounds like old age ... I cant find half the things I put in "an obvious place" for safe keeping ....... but those are the not the worst ones. there is an even larger group of things that I don't even remember owning, so when I find them I am even more confused.

My thing is to put something obvious to remind me to do something or get something out...

Then pick it up & think WTF is that there for... :lol: :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:41 am sounds like old age ... I cant find half the things I put in "an obvious place" for safe keeping ....... but those are the not the worst ones. there is an even larger group of things that I don't even remember owning, so when I find them I am even more confused.

MacV2 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:41 pm

My thing is to put something obvious to remind me to do something or get something out...

Then pick it up & think WTF is that there for... :lol: :lol:
:lol: I'm glad it's not just me :lol:
Although listening to you both I don't think I'm so bad as I thought 8O

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

The trouble is, there's too many things.

If I had less things I could keep track of them.

Obviously I need to sell some things so that I end up with a manageable number.

All I need to do is to remember what they are, and where I put them, then list them on the sale auction online thingy, whatever its called, and my login details.......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

finished pulling the blue one down into bits :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

fabiostar wrote:finished pulling the blue one down into bits :thumbup:
Good now you can bloody well start a new build thread ImageImageImageImage

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your

Post by fabiostar »

Duffy1964 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:59 am
fabiostar wrote:finished pulling the blue one down into bits :thumbup:
Good now you can bloody well start a new build thread ImageImageImageImage

good god the thought of it :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :lol:
popkat

Post by popkat »

Done nothing to it for ages, only ridden about 20 miles on it since September last year. Must put an MOT on it as it runs out tomorrow and I need to ride it for next weekend's Devonstorm.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

took the Aprilia out its first proper run round some twisties... i have a lot to learn lol... i thought i was giving it big licks :eek2 .. im afraid its a bit quicker than me atm :thumbup: :thumbup:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Had the storm out in her first proper run after fitting the ccts at fabios.
Fabio picked roads very much suited to his slick aprilia :lol:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Rode it!!!! Went for a quick two-day roadtrip (about 1500 km) and loved every minute of it (weather was fantastic which helps). Bikes does exactly what I ask of it and rolling on the throttle to pass a line-up of cars makes me giddy... yep, life is good :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mik_str wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:20 am Rode it!!!! Went for a quick two-day roadtrip (about 1500 km) and loved every minute of it (weather was fantastic which helps). Bikes does exactly what I ask of it and rolling on the throttle to pass a line-up of cars makes me giddy... yep, life is good :)
Very impressive mileage there Micky in just two days 8)
It sounds like you had a ball :thumbup:

Chris.