Dickiebig

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Dickiebig »

Well done that man. Tally Ho
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:45 pm Rode it for the first time since crunch day 26/6/18...

Took Custurd for an MOT...Passed no advisories...verbal warning of low rear pads...Happy days... :thumbup:

Then went to visit the other Raspberry Vanstub & his wonkey knee for a natter & a cuppa...

He is moving about more freely now in fact as I pulled up he was just walking down the road from taking his dogs out...

Still a bit sore & slow moving but now sporting a nice beige articulated brace thing...

So give or take 35miles there, not too sore for me arm when rideing but a bit stiff after...

Bit more of a spirited ride on the way home & gingerly round the rounabout of doom on the way home...

All in all happy to be back in the saddle... :D
I'm happy to hear you're getting better Mac :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:59 pm
MacV2 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:45 pm Rode it for the first time since crunch day 26/6/18...

Took Custurd for an MOT...Passed no advisories...verbal warning of low rear pads...Happy days... :thumbup:

Then went to visit the other Raspberry Vanstub & his wonkey knee for a natter & a cuppa...

He is moving about more freely now in fact as I pulled up he was just walking down the road from taking his dogs out...

Still a bit sore & slow moving but now sporting a nice beige articulated brace thing...

So give or take 35miles there, not too sore for me arm when rideing but a bit stiff after...

Bit more of a spirited ride on the way home & gingerly round the rounabout of doom on the way home...

All in all happy to be back in the saddle... :D
I'm happy to hear you're getting better Mac :thumbup:

Chris.
Cheers Chris et all... Not quite as good as one hoped as me arm was feking sore Thurs eve & all day yesterday... :(

Bit better today but I supose it's to be expected after all...

On wards & upwards & all that tally ho ect ect...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
exTRX850

Post by exTRX850 »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:45 pmAll in all happy to be back in the saddle... :D
You've made a very good read out of the bingle, I've been following it since the XRay post.

Back riding is impressive, I'd be walking the bike on the footpath past that roundabout.

Inspiring stuff.
as seen on a low doorway lintel a long time ago, far, far away - "be kind to your mind"
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

At least things are on the mend Mac :clap: :clap: :clap:

today, well i thrashed my bike all day and it felt good :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:34 am
Cheers Chris et all... Not quite as good as one hoped as me arm was feking sore Thurs eve & all day yesterday... :(

Bit better today but I supose it's to be expected after all...

On wards & upwards & all that tally ho ect ect...
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself mac, you've made a BIG step in being able to ride the bike again.

Some pain most definitely to be expected, give it sometime, I'm sure it will improve, just mind how you go,

Chris.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Half way through fitting heated grips to the little KTM. What a palaver. The RBW throttle tube has loads of protusions, slightly too large a diameter and the grip itself is too tight. Only got to find 0.5mm now but mustn't booger the tube or grip. Taking a rest from the dremel now with a cuppa.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Nice to see your back in the saddle Macster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Changed the fork oil last week. Didn't do any of the mods as I didn't have any news springs to go in, still it's made a difference as the level was low by about 50cc in each.
Today I stripped the bike ready to pull the engine and do the main shaft bearing. It's not awful yet but it won't get any better. Found a couple of tiny water leaks from the stat housing and traced an oil leak to my front mcct.
Front exh studs unscrewed from the head.... lucky! Also the front mount is a stud with the r&g bobbins. It's partly seized but has a nice thread on each end so I can use the end fitting and a tube to extract it.
I've painted the rads and plan to clean and redo the cases while it's out so has anyone found a decent match for the silver, more a champagne really but that could be yellowing from heat.
I,m tempted to pull the rod caps and do all the shell bearings even though there are no oil issues. She does have 34k on her 3 of which I've managed this year in spite of detaching a retina :( end May, losing 6wks of riding time.
Couldn't believe how clean the exh ports are....no carbon, a benefit? Of the PAIR system?
So a good cleanup all round with some paintwork. Next challenge the swingarm and linkage and motor out.
Hope i can make sense of my phone pics to put it back together...it's got a lot more wires and pipes than I'm used to!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i tried to bring my new machine home i just bought but couldnt get it loaded onto the brothers trailer :sad2 ,, i seems its near 2 ton in weight so gona need a flatbed and a crane to move it :eek2 :eek2
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Changed the front caliper bolts for stainless ones.
They look a great deal better than the originals and are strong enough.
Then looked at the bolts holding the caliper mounting bracket onto the fork legs- they're now looking scabby in comparison to the new ones, and those can be Ti, so got those ordered.
Found some nice 25mm tall intake stacks on eBay, can't get wife pounds approved at the moment, so will try bringing her a cup of tea in bed tomorrow morning, and while she's in a good mood...
But I have the rear shock refurb and a new front tyre to buy first, so the stacks might have to be my Xmas present.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Amazingly the rear shock linkage came off real easy but the swing arm to knuckle needles had rusted out. All others were in good shape so looks like a PO had been there. Stuffed some more grease in there.
Twiddled the clutch and the mainshaft brg feels OK... No nasty roughness like i was expecting. That's kind of normal with ball bearings so I think I'll split the cases anyway. They don't always feel bad to be noisy. Could be something else...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:15 pm i tried to bring my new machine home i just bought but couldnt get it loaded onto the brothers trailer :sad2 ,, i seems its near 2 ton in weight so gona need a flatbed and a crane to move it :eek2 :eek2
Vertical mill or flow bench?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:00 pm
fabiostar wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:15 pm i tried to bring my new machine home i just bought but couldnt get it loaded onto the brothers trailer :sad2 ,, i seems its near 2 ton in weight so gona need a flatbed and a crane to move it :eek2 :eek2
Vertical mill or flow bench?
a huge centre lathe :eek2 . it ended up taking a 4 ton engine crane and a flat bed to get it here :thumbup: .

fitted a nice wee set of Oxford heated grips to the peg last night. world of difference i have to say.. bring on the chilly weather.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Finished preping most of the bodywork for paint and got 90% of the filling done on the belly pan. Just need to finish that and prep it then I can finally paint it.