what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Duffy1964 »

Thanks Chris it needs a rear wheel I got a pair today and the have been butchered so rear is basically scrap and Guy is ignoring me and won’t refund ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

minty looking bike duffster. health to ride sir :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Thanks Rob it runs nice and a mere 22k on the clock

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well fitted a new nautral light switch to old yellow and thats the running problems sorted, also drained the petrol/oil mix outa the engine. god knows how it was runnig with that amount of fluid in the engine. filled it up with cheapy oil and run it to the fan a few times to clean the engine and il get a new filter and proper oil tomorrow..

started the blue one, stroked it a few times and sat back pleased with my days work.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Well done Rob, saved it just in time

Duffy1964
agentpineapple

Re: what have you done to your

Post by agentpineapple »

Duffy1964 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:52 pm Thanks Chris it needs a rear wheel I got a pair today and the have been butchered so rear is basically scrap and Guy is ignoring me and won’t refund ImageImage

I've got 2 rear wheels in my shed mate, your welcome to one of them, but sadly i'm not in the uk atm
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

agentpineapple wrote:
Duffy1964 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 9:52 pm Thanks Chris it needs a rear wheel I got a pair today and the have been butchered so rear is basically scrap and Guy is ignoring me and won’t refund ImageImage

I've got 2 rear wheels in my shed mate, your welcome to one of them, but sadly i'm not in the uk atm
Thanks Marty for your offer, but I have another on it’s way mate Image

Duffy1964
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Spent the day giving Nue Red some TLC...

It's been neglected since returning from Devon last year... 8O

So on Thursday new boots & MOT... Was gonna go for a ride to scryb the tyres in then remembered it's not taxed... :lol:

So home, dropped the oil & lefdt it to drip overnight...

Fri PM after I'd pulled me finger out... Changed the fillter sump plug back in & some fresh oil... Sorted...

Now I'm gonna refresh the brake fluid...Gets all the required tools ready to steam in...

First screw on the res pot...the tiny little nut in the base is turning so the frigging screw wont come out... :x :roll:

So had a word in Franks ear & found a Storm front M/C with pot...Nue has a Fireblade M/C so just changing the pot...However I decided to knock it on the head before any other nuts/bolts round off & I end up taking a club hammer to it... :lol: :lol:

So the real WHYDTYBT is...

Pulled the fluid out via the callipers, took the res pot off, took the replacement res pot of the M/C...Copperslipped the nuts & bolts, altered the stay, bolted the res pot back on, bled the brakes, wipped some of the dust & crud off it, cleaned the tyres of all the tyre soap & removed the old sticky bits from the old wheel weights, put an LED H/light bulb in, removed & cleaned & regreased the clutch leaver, put the fairing back on... Gave up for the day
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:58 pm So the real WHYDTYBT is...

Pulled the fluid out via the callipers, took the res pot off, took the replacement res pot of the M/C...Copperslipped the nuts & bolts, altered the stay, bolted the res pot back on, bled the brakes, wipped some of the dust & crud off it, cleaned the tyres of all the tyre soap & removed the old sticky bits from the old wheel weights, put an LED H/light bulb in, removed & cleaned & regreased the clutch leaver, put the fairing back on... Gave up for the day
Good work Mac :thumbup:

Out of interest which make tyres did you go for :?: and which LED headlamp bulb have you fitted :?:

Cheers,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:24 pm

Out of interest which make tyres did you go for :?: and which LED headlamp bulb have you fitted :?:

Cheers,

Chris.
Dunlop SportmaxII

Some cheap one of ebay... :lol:

This one infact... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-LED-Bulbs ... 7675.l2557

Although it dosent seem to be listed anymore, they are all much the much..In fact despite it being a UK listing I seem to remember the payment I made was to a chinese company, pakage came from china ... & no thats not the first time thats happened..would seem a lot of these 'UK' sellers are just fronts or middle men to the chinese sellers...

I dont use Nue Red much if at all in the dark these days so its more to be seen rather to see with.

I have one in Custard & thats alright in the dark although I take them out for MOT as I doubt they would have the correct beam pattern...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:10 pm
sirch345 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:24 pm

Cheers,

Chris.
Dunlop SportmaxII

Some cheap one of ebay... :lol:

This one infact... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/H4-LED-Bulbs ... 7675.l2557

Although it dosent seem to be listed anymore, they are all much the much..In fact despite it being a UK listing I seem to remember the payment I made was to a chinese company, pakage came from china ... & no thats not the first time thats happened..would seem a lot of these 'UK' sellers are just fronts or middle men to the chinese sellers...

I dont use Nue Red much if at all in the dark these days so its more to be seen rather to see with.

I have one in Custard & thats alright in the dark although I take them out for MOT as I doubt they would have the correct beam pattern...
Thanks Mac for that information :thumbup:

What you have to do so you don't get caught out is scroll down when looking at the Ebay sellers item to the "Business seller information" lower down. I can't say it works every time, but it does for the seller you listed. It says China as you thought. Annoying though I agree they list a UK address at the top of the page,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Took Nue Red for a spin, popped over to Tony's to pick a calliper up...Good excuse to scrub the new tires in...
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Rode it in its first race meeting. One fall, two submissions but no knockouts. Result.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:43 pm Rode it in its first race meeting. One fall, two submissions but no knockouts. Result.
sounds like we need a full report of the day :thumbup:
AMcQ
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Fitted new brake pads and gave the callipers a good clean. These brakes are much, much nicer to work on than my old Bandit - nice threaded locking pin. Looking forward to a week of rainy commuting :-/