what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by sirch345 »

Richard wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:59 pm Dropped some ultra low rise bars on to mine. So far so good. Not actually ridden it yet but here's hoping !!
If you're anything like me you won't regret it,

Chris.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

If you're anything like me you won't regret it,

Chris.
[/quote]

Decided to go for the bars after reading your post numerous times. So fingers crossed, I may get out on it a bit more, I hope.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:05 pm Iv decided new bikes do everything better, stop ,go,handle,blah blah blah but i dont like them as much, they lack sole..

thats not to say the first chance i get im gona get the DD out and have a ball of a time.
That soul was present here for quite a long time and almost burnt :) Glad to see it running.
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Image Went for a ride down Poole,and found a lovely spot at Sandbanks.What a glorious sunny day! :biggrin
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Stephan wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:00 pm
fabiostar wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:05 pm Iv decided new bikes do everything better, stop ,go,handle,blah blah blah but i dont like them as much, they lack sole..

thats not to say the first chance i get im gona get the DD out and have a ball of a time.
That soul was present here for quite a long time and almost burnt :) Glad to see it running.
oh its burning the very best now :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Changed the oil on Red 633...

This meant removing the bottom half of the fairing... It has a hole to check the oil but needs to be off to do the oil change.

Whatever it is its not like any I have seen before. The two bottom std fairing mount bolts ( std ones...) & one bracket on the R/H side held on with a Dzus Fastner. The bracket bolts to the bolt from the engine plate.

It's one peice... It deffinatly is not fiberglass as its really light.

In fact it weighs...

& it's a waffer thin...

Carbon maybe..? Took the fairing off & found the first bodge... The side light std connector is gone & just has some wires spliced in with bare connectors for the two pins. Strange.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:24 pm Rode it to Area 51 & was analy probed... 8O

Well part of that statement isn't really true...it wasn't Area 51 it was an NHS centre...

Bowel Cancer screening...

So after that I went & splashed 600 squid on new boots & a jacket...I've gone all gortex for the jacket...I drew a line on spending £300 on a pair of matching trews tho !

I will be off out on the bike tomorrow... Not back into work until 2nd Jan...I may be in the cave for some time...
Update...

So I got a call just now from the rectum doctors... 8O Two polyps removed both came back as clear... :thumbup: :thumbup:

Also updated the new bike gear I bought got a good testing on boxing day as it hosed it down on my run home...£600 well spent dry as a dry thing... :thumbup:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Don't know anything about the bodged wires as I never had the fairing off.As for the belly pan it may have been made by Harris's as I know they done the 916 front end and exhaust along with other works.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MaroonMachine wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:51 pm Image Went for a ride down Poole,and found a lovely spot at Sandbanks.What a glorious sunny day! :biggrin

great ride to swan age from there.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:06 pm Don't know anything about the bodged wires as I never had the fairing off.As for the belly pan it may have been made by Harris's as I know they done the 916 front end and exhaust along with other works.
Ahh thats interesting... I'm not a huge fan of that type of bellypan & it may not be going back on...Best wrap it uo & put it in the NFS pile...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Well big bird has now stolen the battery off the storm and pushed the Ducati off the work bench.

Heated seat and grips, electronic suspension, tyre pressure monitoring and massive tank range. Wtf!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well battery delivered & fitted. So with the sun being out this afternoon I went out for a cheeky test ride (need to sort mot, tax and insurance next).

Think the decision is made, it’s staying!

Covers the ground very quickly, and has some fun and attitude as well.
Comfortable, fast and pretty nimbleImage

AMcQ
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

You know it makes sense Al

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
popkat

Post by popkat »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:30 pm Changed the oil on Red 633...

This meant removing the bottom half of the fairing... It has a hole to check the oil but needs to be off to do the oil change.

Whatever it is its not like any I have seen before. The two bottom std fairing mount bolts ( std ones...) & one bracket on the R/H side held on with a Dzus Fastner. The bracket bolts to the bolt from the engine plate.

It's one peice... It deffinatly is not fiberglass as its really light.

In fact it weighs...

& it's a waffer thin...

Carbon maybe..? Took the fairing off & found the first bodge... The side light std connector is gone & just has some wires spliced in with bare connectors for the two pins. Strange.

It's a harris belly pan, which I may have been a replica of the sharkskins one (from the usa), I put one on my first storm back in y2k, it's still on it as I know where the bike is but it's not been used in years. mine didn't have a cutout for the downpipe so yours may have been modified for that at some time. they are the only type I've ever seen with the dzus fastner. Very high quality and very light weight.

Material is woven fibreglass, all the Harris fairings were back then, had them on my 600cc race bikes too, again very light and very strong compared to other fibreglass options

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:53 pm
It's a harris belly pan, which I may have been a replica of the sharkskins one (from the usa), I put one on my first storm back in y2k, it's still on it as I know where the bike is but it's not been used in years. mine didn't have a cutout for the downpipe so yours may have been modified for that at some time. they are the only type I've ever seen with the dzus fastner. Very high quality and very light weight.

Material is woven fibreglass, all the Harris fairings were back then, had them on my 600cc race bikes too, again very light and very strong compared to other fibreglass options
Cheers Malc thas good to know...

Red 633 has a Two Brothers full system on it so the down pipes are different...

If as Alan says Harris did the work they may have added the cut out... It has a Harris shock but the rearsets arn't Harris...

alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

the rearsets were made by a firm called Carbontech,if you look at the dyno sheet i gave you i think their address is on that.Somewhere in Redhill or Leatherhead if i recall.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN