what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

well went out to just chuck the calipers on the front :eek2 , jesus nothing is simple with this dam bike. discs are tight width wise in the calipers, spacers need made and the bolts arnt long enough :eek2 :eek2

another 10 min job gona take a week to sort. 8O
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

just leave them off :lol: :lol:
they wont fall apart if still on shelf :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

norry rc8 wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:57 pm just leave them off :lol: :lol:
they wont fall apart if still on shelf :thumbup:
lol im not sure how that will work in Scotland in August lol :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:18 pm well went out to just chuck the calipers on the front :eek2 , jesus nothing is simple with this dam bike. discs are tight width wise in the calipers, spacers need made and the bolts arnt long enough :eek2 :eek2

How thick are the spacers you need? I have some for the Aprillia wheels/disks . , they ere either 1.5 or 2 mm

And I guess if the are too thick you are just the man to skim them :D
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

AMCQ46 wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:00 am
fabiostar wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:18 pm well went out to just chuck the calipers on the front :eek2 , jesus nothing is simple with this dam bike. discs are tight width wise in the calipers, spacers need made and the bolts arnt long enough :eek2 :eek2

How thick are the spacers you need? I have some for the Aprillia wheels/disks . , they ere either 1.5 or 2 mm

And I guess if the are too thick you are just the man to skim them :D
spent some time today and got it sorted, ended up with 1mm shims behind the discs, real tight fit into those calipers but its sorted at last. :thumbup: :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Moved them all out, had a rake in the spares boxe's, changed a sprocket cover, moved them all back in again...

Oh I did ride one on Saturday...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

took 3 hours off this afternoon, sun was shining so went run on bike managed 170 mile mostly dry a bit salty
but very few cars .road to my self :D :D :thumbup:
time for :beer: :beer:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Is that what you call a post service inspection check..
Hope you washed her before you put her back in the barn?
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
kemes

Post by kemes »

-Complete front fork rebuild, new seals and bushings, 7.5w oil, rebuilt according to the service manual
-new air filter
-new oil filter + oil
-new handlebar grips
-new brake and clutch fluids
-investigated why my tachometer does not work
2000' VTR1000 Firestrom
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

Vtr is still not talking to me. Stayed up way too late staring it down. Noticed the paddock stand moved a lot doing 200 briefly the night before. Had to laugh at the sulking thing. That could have ended badly.
But I did get to thinking.
A dyno tune could cost a grand.
A dyno is repeatable load against driver? I "dunno"
Chain drive to a suitable brake. Load the brake until the bike in whatever gear is held to the rpm I'm struggling to (8000). Mess with tune, try again.

Have I simplified dyno's a bit far? Set of scales under the front wheel measuring the torque effect...o2 sensors in primaries?
The brake? 200hp car engine long block. Make appropriate mods to hold exhaust valves open. Exhaust brake for the price of a motor in the worlds used car dumping ground...I think I'll get change out of a grand. Mod a cush drive to accept another sprocket, chain drive to the motor/brakes crank. Maybe have to clutch the load in...
Motor/brake frame tied to swingarm. Use the sprockets and chains I got to connect the two

Feel free to tell me what I've missed. I dont believe it can potentially be this easy?
I did consider o2 meters on the dash and filming them but replicating the 8kwall on a try out we would probably end up exceeding the speed limit
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Had a supprise visit from Vanstub this arvo...

Still Stormless but bought an engine off Gabbi to put in his Black one that threw the chain...

Still working on a payout re his recent crash...

Not quite back to work due to his knee...

Didn't turn up in his car...

Oh no much worse...much much worse...

Meet... The Hound of the Vanstuberville...

Trust me it looks far worse in the flesh... :lol:

Bought of a cousin it's been standing for a few years...He took it to get a rear tyre put on & the bloke doing it was giving it the once over...Issues with the front wheel...He pulled it out to check, popped the seal out & all the ball bearings just fell out... 8O

Steve says it runs alright but anything near 100 it just gets too much wind blast to hang on...

It's more of a lash up than a fighter...god damm alwful thing...but it gets him out of the house... :lol: :lol:
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:36 pm ...

Meet... The Hound of the Vanstuberville...

Trust me it looks far worse in the flesh... :lol:

Bought of a cousin it's been standing for a few years...He took it to get a rear tyre put on & the bloke doing it was giving it the once over...Issues with the front wheel...He pulled it out to check, popped the seal out & all the ball bearings just fell out... 8O

Steve says it runs alright but anything near 100 it just gets too much wind blast to hang on...

It's more of a lash up than a fighter...god damm alwful thing...but it gets him out of the house... :lol: :lol:
A worthy project, electric pump and radiator off of a...?

Must be red rag to a bull, very jealous!
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Swampy wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:03 pm Vtr is still not talking to me. Stayed up way too late staring it down. Noticed the paddock stand moved a lot doing 200 briefly the night before. Had to laugh at the sulking thing. That could have ended badly.
Chain drive to a suitable brake. Load the brake until the bike in whatever gear is held to the rpm I'm struggling to (8000). Mess with tune, try again.

Have I simplified dyno's a bit far? Set of scales under the front wheel measuring the torque effect...o2 sensors in primaries?
The brake? 200hp car engine long block. Make appropriate mods to hold exhaust valves open. Exhaust brake for the price of a motor in the worlds used car dumping ground...I think I'll get change out of a grand. Mod a cush drive to accept another sprocket, chain drive to the motor/brakes crank. Maybe have to clutch the load in...
Motor/brake frame tied to swingarm. Use the sprockets and chains I got to connect the two

Feel free to tell me what I've missed. I dont believe it can potentially be this easy?
I did consider o2 meters on the dash and filming them but replicating the 8kwall on a try out we would probably end up exceeding the speed limit
She'll come around eventually, or take a tip from Fabio who just beats his into line.

Assuming you mean a grand NZ dyno fees are expensive for you. I got mine sorted for less than half that looking at the exchange rates.

tony.mon fitted two lambda sensors with dash mounted readout. Use the search, it's on here somewhere if tou want the info.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Rode it...Custerd Crumble that is...Up to greenwich for a Ocupational Doctors Appointment...
Swampy

Post by Swampy »

freeridenick wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:30 pm
Swampy wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:03 pm Vtr is still not talking to me. Stayed up way too late staring it down. Noticed the paddock stand moved a lot doing 200 briefly the night before. Had to laugh at the sulking thing. That could have ended badly.

She'll come around eventually, or take a tip from Fabio who just beats his into line.

Assuming you mean a grand NZ dyno fees are expensive for you. I got mine sorted for less than half that looking at the exchange rates.

tony.mon fitted two lambda sensors with dash mounted readout. Use the search, it's on here somewhere if tou want the info.
Theres not enough lube to make me even want to try fabios tip

The rest is excellent advice and I can only assume I'm on the right track.

Removed the catch tank do discover....not going to say but...

My choke now pulls out further. What an idiot!