what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

well got the blue one running, no idea how but its running and parked under a sheet.. job done..

went to go out a spin on the Aprilia and found a very flat rear tyre :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Well I didn't do it all today but I did finish it today... found up around London, it had taken a tumble not to long ago and had been parked up since... I spotted it on the marketplace on the book of faces and enquired about it near 2 months ago but didn't follow anything up then 4 weeks later I get a random message asking me if I was interested and it was an offer I couldn't refuse.. as miserable as it looked in general the damn thing is really tidy and clean underneath.. so a bit of yesterday and today was devoted to giving old boy a make over and get ready for MOT.

StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Not bad at all mate

Those twin headlights surrounds fetch good money
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Came out of work to find my bike on its side, mirror off and near side front indicator broken. Couple of marks on the Mori cans,but nothing too bad. First assumption was that it had been knocked over, again, however on further examination it would seem the hot weather had rendered the surface the side stand was on to the consistency of treacle. Ho hum. Anyway no one to rant at this time!
I had some spare indicators that I bought in case either my daughter or I needed spares, they were from a CBR600RR (same as my girls) however the rubber adapters differ from the VTR so a bit of cutting and shutting was required. All fixed, even the mirror with the aid of a longer bolt.

The unfortunate thing is there is more damage under the surface, Rad bent in, crack around the indicator mount, split along the top of the fairing radiator aperture, but mostly out of sight and therefore out of my feeble mind!!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:47 pm Came out of work to find my bike on its side, mirror off and near side front indicator broken. Couple of marks on the Mori cans,but nothing too bad. First assumption was that it had been knocked over, again, however on further examination it would seem the hot weather had rendered the surface the side stand was on to the consistency of treacle. Ho hum. Anyway no one to rant at this time!
I had some spare indicators that I bought in case either my daughter or I needed spares, they were from a CBR600RR (same as my girls) however the rubber adapters differ from the VTR so a bit of cutting and shutting was required. All fixed, even the mirror with the aid of a longer bolt.

The unfortunate thing is there is more damage under the surface, Rad bent in, crack around the indicator mount, split along the top of the fairing radiator aperture, but mostly out of sight and therefore out of my feeble mind!!
Oh crap Kev... I always use a puck on mine when leaving any lenght of time in this heat...

I've been moaning for 3 years at work for them to do somthing about where they want us to park our bikes...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Because I get in to work at 7 I didn’t even think about it, naively. I was in the workshop all day getting the last student from last years cohort through his last practical, and completing his portfolio, so I was in the college all day. What pisses me off is that if some numpty leaves their car window open or lights on there’s feckin e-mails flying around, phone calls to offices. My poor old bike lying on its side doesn’t even warrant an enquiry. Ar5eholes the lot of em.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

StormyRob wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:42 pm Not bad at all mate

Those twin headlights surrounds fetch good money
Thanks mate... The lights... I haven't seen any for ages and have always wanted a set so when the bike was offered to me for a price I couldn't refuse I grabbed it... for the lights :lol: I am planning on trying to take a mould off the bezel but right now I have too much on the go hence why I left it all on the bike... will have a go once I get on top things here.
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

Kev L wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:47 pm Came out of work to find my bike on its side, mirror off and near side front indicator broken. Couple of marks on the Mori cans,but nothing too bad. First assumption was that it had been knocked over, again, however on further examination it would seem the hot weather had rendered the surface the side stand was on to the consistency of treacle. Ho hum. Anyway no one to rant at this time!

That shite news mate and just thinking about what you said that no one bothered to give a shout to say there's a bike on the floor... that just really grinds my gears :Argue 1: :evil:
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Kev L wrote:Because I get in to work at 7 I didn’t even think about it, naively. I was in the workshop all day getting the last student from last years cohort through his last practical, and completing his portfolio, so I was in the college all day. What pisses me off is that if some numpty leaves their car window open or lights on there’s feckin e-mails flying around, phone calls to offices. My poor old bike lying on its side doesn’t even warrant an enquiry. Ar5eholes the lot of em.
Sorry to hear that Kev, at least the damage is not to major, but still enough to pi55you off. Glad you got it sorted though mate. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Thats bad luck Kev.I used to use a jam pot lid with a piece of string attached to loop round the choke knob.Didn't even have bend down to pick it up.Sit on the bike,flick the stand up,pull the string and stick it in your pocket.Simples.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Shauned71 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:05 pm Well I didn't do it all today but I did finish it today... found up around London, it had taken a tumble not to long ago and had been parked up since... I spotted it on the marketplace on the book of faces and enquired about it near 2 months ago but didn't follow anything up then 4 weeks later I get a random message asking me if I was interested and it was an offer I couldn't refuse.. as miserable as it looked in general the damn thing is really tidy and clean underneath.. so a bit of yesterday and today was devoted to giving old boy a make over and get ready for MOT.

You'll have more Storm's than Mac very soon :wink: :lol:
It's looking pretty clean and tidy now you've worked on it and made some changes 8)

That bike looks like it belonged to one of our forum members many many years ago, Stu (yellafella).

I'll have to see if I have any photo's saved that I can find when I get a chance,

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Sorry to hear that Kev, you must be gutted.

I had the same thing happen to my Storm many years ago, not long after first owning it. This was at a local bike meeting. I was close enough to hear the bike fall, but had my back to my bike. My immediate thought was " NO some poor persons bike has fallen" only to turn around and see it was mine 8O

Some of the local bikers had the bike back up on it's wheels before I even got to the bike, they were like greased lightning,

Chris.
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

had a good time last week on small circuit. Engine still running strong, suspension and brakes working perfect. All good.

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Looking good Stephan 8)

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

well today i fell out with mine for the last time and want it away from near me :redface :redface
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: