what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Kev L »

Good luck mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Passed...

001 Rear supension bearing has slight free play Rear [2.4.A2a (i) ]

002 Drive chain worn but not considerd excessive [6.2.1e]

003 Brake pad(s) close to minimum limit Front [3.2.A1f (i) ]

So 001 its the triangel looks a bit wonky...

002 Tight link...

003 May be a sticky piston but they wern't new pads...Jonesy's cast offs & I have a big bag of other ones to play with...

It'll give me something to do on Weds or Thurs or Fri... :lol:

Oh & a measly 1400 miles since last year... :(
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

:thumbup:
A pass is a pass :thumbup:
You know you'll do the rest as and when it needs doing. I think MOT's on bikes are just to stop numpties who either A) Don't have a clue or B) Don't deserve a bike because they don't look after it, from continually riding something which could be dangerous.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Pete.L wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:59 pm :thumbup:
A pass is a pass :thumbup:
You know you'll do the rest as and when it needs doing. I think MOT's on bikes are just to stop numpties who either A) Don't have a clue or B) Don't deserve a bike because they don't look after it, from continually riding something which could be dangerous. C) Ride Suzukis.

Pete.l
Yeah I agree 100%...

Whilst I was there this bloke turned up ranting & raving before he even got off his bike...Some issue with a battery he bought in April last year...

He had it on a Bandit, that he now wants to sell on. He put the battery on his charger & the charger is telling him its not holding a charge...

Steve the MOT bod is going to charge it up & test it before sending it back for a replacement...Fair enough... Not for numptie baldrocks* its not...

Turns out his charger is a car charger which may or may not be the issue with the charging, Steve pointed out that he needed to check his charging system on the bike, faulty R/R maybe...Or the cold has killed it...

NB then kicks off...It's under G/Tee it's wombles just change it, now your telling me its me bike fec fec fec ect ect. Any way he went off in a huff effin & blinding all the way...Steve to his credit didn't lamp the koont ! :lol: :lol:

* Trackie bottoms tucked in to socks, work boots & a bomber jacket...Super stylish...Not... :lol: The gloves he had on were only fit for the bin, proper m/c gloves but full of holes to the point of almost being fingerless... which is just what he will be if he comes off...Bandit rider see point C) above... :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:23 pm * Trackie bottoms tucked in to socks, work boots & a bomber jacket...Super stylish...Not... :lol: The gloves he had on were only fit for the bin, proper m/c gloves but full of holes to the point of almost being fingerless... which is just what he will be if he comes off...Bandit rider see point C) above... :lol:
:lol: :thumbup: nice save Mac :lol:

Chris.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

haven't done much to my bike for a while now, I did work on my friends storm over winter. recently checked his suspension linkage(all good). fitted a new rear wheel bearing. also fitted a new battery and hard wired in a sat nav on both bikes.
really impressed with the sat nav, it was a gift from my mate, for overhauling his bike and getting it re-registered on Spanish plates.
atm the sat nav is mounted on the extension arm of my left mirror. which is fine when touring. we'll be heading down to Madrid in two weeks, so we'll see how they do.
I've still got a few jobs to do on his bike, fit front wheel bearings, investigate why he's getting minor pulsing through the front brake. i'm also thinking of removing the headers, but I've never used a nut splitter.
god knows when they were last removed. so there's all the associated issues with them, I fancy giving them the harpic treatment.
the only other issue the bike has, is a chewed up allen headed brake pin bolt. not sure what the best plan is. worst case being I cut it and wind it back out, then replace it with new. but seen as his pads have plenty of life in them, it's not something that needs to be addressed just yet.. :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

Inspired by some sun and warm(er) temps, fired the Storm up today, re-fitted mirrors, checked fluid levels, pumped the tyres up & gave it a polish ... maybe get out this weekend eh?

[url]Image

Moved the 500 out for an airing, fired that up and took a nice deep breath of 2T....she smells goood!

[url]Image

[url]Image
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Fired up all the bikes afer all the snow melted, and to forewarn new neigbours :-)

While sun was out and it was reletively warm - went to put a new C&S on Tigger, but found I didn't have monster 36mm socket for drive sprocket - went inside to have aa cuppa and came out to find it still sunny but it was sleeting. Packed up and waited for it to pass. Popped out to find a socket in the time gap between school run and general rush hour. Hit tail end of 4x4 yummy mummys and roads flooded and jammed with folk well practiced in anger management. No one had the socket, almost hit by a myopic taxi driver shame he didn't as there were plenty of witnesses inc other biker. Got home and bought socket of ebay... Put TV on to see that Putin has got some nerve...

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i realised im a grumpy OLD man and gave up on the spondon clipons on the blue girl. hit on a nice set of 3" rise adjustable Apex clipons. means i can pull them up, backwards and forwards, pretty much anyway i want to get comfy on the bike.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Re: what have you done to someone elses "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Deliverd Vanstubs bike over to him today.

Third diff Storm I've ridden this week. Custard on Monday, Nue Red on Tuesday & VanRed today...It's amazing how they all feel different...

Custard gets the most use so I'm more used to it...Rode Nue Red on Tues & it feels so different OK It has 30k less miles on it & has Rogerd forks diff brakes & a new YSS shock but It feels lighter to ride in a kinda weird way... & because it 'Feels' lighter of course it 'feels' faster... :lol:

VanRed kinda fell inbetween the two & dispite having refreshed brakes on it they didnt feel as good, maybe different pads...?

So there is a space in the MacCave now...Good job I'm having another one deliverd on Monday...FFS ! :lol:
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

How’s the Yss shock Mac? I’m hoping to get one soon. Been out on bike today first proper ride in about 4 months did 90 miles can’t wait for some warmer weather. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your

Post by MacV2 »

uk13iker wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:36 pm How’s the Yss shock Mac? I’m hoping to get one soon. Been out on bike today first proper ride in about 4 months did 90 miles can’t wait for some warmer weather. Image

Yeah YSS is OK...Was very stiffly set when I got it. Not the easyist thing to adjust once its in place.

Pete L & Popkat set to & adjusted it softer for me when we were hooning around Devon.

I'd wind it off a few turns before you install it spesh if your lighter than the kitted up 16st+ of my lardy butt... :lol: :lol:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Lee, have you come and joined the Pan club also? Nice 1300, not keen on the colour :Ball Kick:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Feked around swapping a seat lock over so that I have a working one on Custard.

Then set to on stripping down Blonkey ready to do the CCt's.

Surprisingly the inspection caps came off without a hint of resistance... Quick squirt of Plus Gas. Decent Allen socket on a 12'' breaker bar. Nip it up a fraction & woohoo off it screws, no worries & deff no chewed up cap... :thumbup:

Ok now tank off...How can you bend one of the bolts at the front of the tank ?

When I first looked at it the rubbers looked a little squashed as there were no washers on them...

OK thinks I that must mean the top hats are missing...

They were there alright, with out the washers they had been done up so tight it had crushed the top hats...

One of the bolts was a bit of faff to get out, bent & stripped threads it gave a bit of a fight.

Turns out they wern't the correct bolts anyway, matched against another bolt taken from another tank, I found a pair in Franks stash... :thumbup:

Also found some new less crushed & bent top hats, bit long so ground them down a bit...Sorted... :thumbup:

Then the rear tank bolt...The threaded bit on the end bent, stripped threads & both nut & bolt heads rounded off...OH joy... :lol: :lol:

Finaly wrestled the tank off & it bloody started raining...Fek it pack up & start again in the morning... :lol: :lol:
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Add a couple more st to that Mac and a few lbs think the best mod for me would be a diet . I haven’t stu still just the storm and MT07 although been offered a job to train as a riding instructor so could be the kind of bike I’d use.