what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by MacV2 »

Farted around a bit more with Big Bird...

Washed Custurd, cleaned & lubed chain...Heading over to Tony's on Sunday bike has to look it's best for the master of shine... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:27 pm
sirch345 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:20 pm
However I am more concerned about 8mm fuel connectors being the right size for standard OEM petrol pipe :?: as Wicky says they were too small (see link below):-

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18681&hilit=fuel+c ... 40#p325950

Chris.
Chris I've got some in the MacCave...somewhere...never got round to fitting them but intend to do so...

I also have a spare set of carbs so next time I'm in there I'll have a look & fit up & let you know... :thumbup:
Thanks Mac :thumbup: that would be very helpful :D

If I should get around to removing my tank before then I'll let you know, as I will take measurements then,

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

IIRC I used the old 8mm connectors for the drain hoses and sourced 10mm QR connectors for the fuel lines.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I used 8mm qd connectors on my tuned one, which used, how can we put this , a little more than a std engine... No problems at all.
They flow quicker than the engine can possibly need.
If you tee'd them to a single qd connector a larger size would be needed.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

took rc8 out for first run after strip down and service, also first time on new tyres (metsler road teck) tyres warmed up well on cold roads felt good.
tick over a bit high throttle cable to tight
tank off again and broke fuel coupling trying to mount tank sideways so I could start it to check tick over :x :x
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Had a good fast run on the Ape today. But... 1290GT got a puncture, BMW RS thingy had a Richard back brake. I found neutral instead of first and then my front brake failed! Stopped, couldn't find anything wrong and carried on. No more problems. The multistrada was completely problem free. How about that then? Little KTM tomorrow.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Rode my little peggy round mountains all day, bloody great fun, also had a ride on James Husky supermoto :eek2 :eek2 .. jaaysus thats a fun bike
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Actually got her started today......now to go through all the fun of tuning the carbs once again as I am now at 5K feet.
So its time for a second Flo-Commander, this one for the pilot circuit, as I really don't want to run smaller pilots and it looks like I need to be able to run from around 7K to sea level........man injection would save a lot of hassles... :angel:

Need to find the site that was taking CV carbs and gutting the slide area and dropping an injector in its place.
Basically turning your CV carb into a throttle body injector unit. Wonder if they ever got it sorted......
time to start the hunt. :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Found them.....not only do they have some good R\R kits and mounting plates but the V-max CV to injector conversion looks like it could be adapted.....
Time for some e-mails.... :thumbup: http://roadstercycle.com/index.htm
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:46 pm IIRC I used the old 8mm connectors for the drain hoses and sourced 10mm QR connectors for the fuel lines.

Good man Wicky thanks for that :thumbup:
I might have guessed you'd have photo :clap:
tony.mon wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:19 pm I used 8mm qd connectors on my tuned one, which used, how can we put this , a little more than a std engine... No problems at all.
They flow quicker than the engine can possibly need.
If you tee'd them to a single qd connector a larger size would be needed.
Thanks Tony :thumbup:

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Took a ride over to Tony's today, met Vanstubster on the way & we rolled up to double team him in the joke/bad humour wars...I think it ended up a draw... :lol: :lol:

Picked some bits up...Cheers Tony, Steve bought some clocks & Tony did a fine job of freeing up BigBirds siezed carbs & gave them a good going over...

Me & Steve went to move our bikes for Mrs Mons to get her bus out...We left Tony alone in the shed at the getting the long spring back in the slides bit... It was 7 attempts when we left him & I lost count after that...He did say he was out of practice & to give him his credit he got it back in eventualy... :clap: :clap:

Me & Steve then headed back to mine via The Hot Rod diner in Gravesend for buggers, then back to mine to catch the WSBK Super pole race & race 2...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'm so out of practice playing with carbs, it's so much easier to simply plug the FI into a laptop.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
xeris

Post by xeris »

8541Hawk wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:30 pm Actually got her started today......now to go through all the fun of tuning the carbs once again as I am now at 5K feet.
So its time for a second Flo-Commander, this one for the pilot circuit, as I really don't want to run smaller pilots and it looks like I need to be able to run from around 7K to sea level........man injection would save a lot of hassles... :angel:

Need to find the site that was taking CV carbs and gutting the slide area and dropping an injector in its place.
Basically turning your CV carb into a throttle body injector unit. Wonder if they ever got it sorted......
time to start the hunt. :thumbup:
Well now. I will be paying very close attention to what you do. I am also at 5K.
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

xeris wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:52 am
Well now. I will be paying very close attention to what you do. I am also at 5K.
So far all I have done is go in 1 turn on the flo-commander and she starts and sounds pretty good. The pilot circuit feels a bit rich though but I still haven't done the test ride yet.
It is a nice sunny day but it is also 28F right now so.......

The flo-commander for the pilot circuit is no longer listed on the site so I will contact them to see if they are still available, if not I'll have to source some of the Jack Flash pilot screws.
But I will let you know what I end up finding :thumbup:
norry rc8

Post by norry rc8 »

took adventure bike out on Sunday, 169 miles of fun. until
4 miles from home brock left wing mirror on a plastic road side bollard (fekin bollard) :x :x
made apex of corner perfectly.