what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Wicky

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Wicky »

Visited FTR to pick up some 'precious' Image

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

wasted 3 hours trying to make a R1 rear wheel fit the spondon swingarm :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2

baaaastid thing wont fit, :confused . and i dont have the room to make it fit on the sprocket side..

back to the drawing board....anybody need a nice R1 wheel lol
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Another day with James Whitham and Co. Excellent coaching from Adam Jenkinson, I nearly touched John McGuinness on the knee I was sat so close and shock hands and had a chat with Trevor Nation. Oh, and it was dry both days. Chuffin' ace time.
Last edited by freeridenick on Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:06 pm Image

Visited FTR to pick up some 'precious' Image

Does this mean you have now got yourself the correct Ohlins shock :wink: for your Storm Wicky :?:
Or are you getting married re: the gold ring :)
fabiostar wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:26 pm wasted 3 hours trying to make a R1 rear wheel fit the spondon swingarm :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2

baaaastid thing wont fit, :confused . and i dont have the room to make it fit on the sprocket side..

back to the drawing board....anybody need a nice R1 wheel lol
Well at least you can rule that wheel out now, so not a complete waste of time. A nice bit of dedication though Rob :)
freeridenick wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:35 pm Another day with James Whitham and Co. Excellent coaching from Adam Jenkins, I nearly touched John McGuinness on the knee I was sat so close and shock hands and had a chat with Trevor Nation. Oh, and it was dry both days. Chuffin' ace time.
Nice one Nick 8)

Chris.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

mik_str wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:25 pm Just picked these up on the jauce.com site:

here is a pic mounted on a bike:

My hope is that they will allow me to use my hi-mount link pipes (which are longer than the low-mounts and thus give a boost to the lows and mids) while keeping the passenger pegs (so I can take my daughter out for rides)...
Update: Finally got around to installing my high-mount link pipes (had been running low-mounts since I started taking my daughter out for rides) thanks to my new-to-me Yoshimura high-mount supports (which also have folding footpegs as OEM bits). I had to put some spacers to set the cans outward (notably on the chain side) as the can was oh-so-close to the swingarm brace and hugger. Anyhow, got everything on, made the necessary jetting changes (with the Flo-Commander on both the main and pilot circuits, I only had to turn both screws) and off I went. The bike pulls noticeably stronger in low and mids, while losing some power up top. As I very seldom rev it close to redline (prefer to surf the torque curve instead - it's a streetbike after all), it's a very feasible and acceptable trade-off for me. In face, it was precisely what I was hoping for. Roll-ons are now stupid quick... :)
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

mik_str wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm
mik_str wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:25 pm Just picked these up on the jauce.com site:

My hope is that they will allow me to use my hi-mount link pipes (which are longer than the low-mounts and thus give a boost to the lows and mids) while keeping the passenger pegs (so I can take my daughter out for rides)...
Update: Finally got around to installing my high-mount link pipes (had been running low-mounts since I started taking my daughter out for rides) thanks to my new-to-me Yoshimura high-mount supports (which also have folding footpegs as OEM bits). I had to put some spacers to set the cans outward (notably on the chain side) as the can was oh-so-close to the swingarm brace and hugger. Anyhow, got everything on, made the necessary jetting changes (with the Flo-Commander on both the main and pilot circuits, I only had to turn both screws) and off I went. The bike pulls noticeably stronger in low and mids, while losing some power up top. As I very seldom rev it close to redline (prefer to surf the torque curve instead - it's a streetbike after all), it's a very feasible and acceptable trade-off for me. In face, it was precisely what I was hoping for. Roll-ons are now stupid quick... :)
Well worth getting those new hangers then Micky :thumbup: Not only do they look bling, you have now got more low down grunt, a win win situation in my book :D

Chris.
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:42 pm
mik_str wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Well worth getting those new hangers then Micky :thumbup: Not only do they look bling, you have now got more low down grunt, a win win situation in my book :D

Chris.
totally agree Chris :thumbup:
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

suject to payment tomorrow i sold my bike today :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 .

no no not that bike, the FMX supermoto i bought a while back... time to change.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

fabiostar wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:45 pm suject to payment tomorrow i sold my bike today :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 .

I wondered how long it would take you to get fed up with that.

I took an old 1300 Pan out yesterday. Heavy but you don't notice it when moving. Quite fun really and super comfy. But... I decided I don't want a tatty cheap one with knackered shock and worn out disks and I can't justify an expensive one. I scratched an itch but thanks and no thanks.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:31 am
fabiostar wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:45 pm suject to payment tomorrow i sold my bike today :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 .

I wondered how long it would take you to get fed up with that.

I took an old 1300 Pan out yesterday. Heavy but you don't notice it when moving. Quite fun really and super comfy. But... I decided I don't want a tatty cheap one with knackered shock and worn out disks and I can't justify an expensive one. I scratched an itch but thanks and no thanks.
the fmx was good craic but. a wee tad soft as a supermoto and hurt my boney ass after awhile. going to look at a pegaso and a TDM later so see how they fair..
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

After some fettling and spannering took it out this afternoon to sunny West Mersea to pose by dog poo bin

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wicky wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:47 pm After some fettling and spannering took it out this afternoon to sunny West Mersea to pose by dog poo bin

How did it handle?

I'm told that the white poo has no smell.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wicky wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:47 pm After some fettling and spannering took it out this afternoon to sunny West Mersea to pose by dog poo bin

How did it handle?

I'm told that the white poo has no smell, but feels gritty.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Does this mean the Triumph is going to go into retirement?

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Nah! Still keeping and using the trumpet and tranny for day-to-day use - Just treating the storm after all the years she was my all year round workhorse, and sharing the noise!