what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

mac thats not a bad looking storm.... wheels yellow are a bit,,yuk ,but tidy looking bike with some nice mods :thumbup: ..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Your all just jealous...

Strangly I quite like the yella wheels...fek keeping them clean tho... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Ouch my eyes :lol: Looks like it has MIG Cans. I'm sure you can tart it up.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Stephan wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:58 pm Put tougher slide spring in front carb, hope it will cure a bit my problem with rich midrange.
Glad to say tougher spring is working and helped :)
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Gradually getting the Tuono into shape. Tank cover, levers, GPS mount. Screens arrived today for the ridiculously exposed rad and oil cooler. Just over 200 miles now. Might try full throttle some time in the near future.

The roads are improving but still a nasty mixture of gravel and snow run-off. Have fitted a hot water feed for my jetwash.Image
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
popkat

Re: what have you done to your

Post by popkat »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 pm

The roads are improving but still a nasty mixture of gravel and snow run-off. Have fitted a hot water feed for my jetwash.

NO don't do it, hot water accelerates what the salt does, you're bike will turn furry, and it's Italian so you need to be extra careful. Always wash down with cold water when salt is on the roads.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

popkat wrote:

The roads are improving but still a nasty mixture of gravel and snow run-off. Have fitted a hot water feed for my jetwash.

NO don't do it, hot water accelerates what the salt does, you're bike will turn furry, and it's Italian so you need to be extra careful. Always wash down with cold water when salt is on the roads.

Wow. Didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. I was married to a furry Italian once. Lovely at the time but I don't need one now.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
popkat

Post by popkat »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:58 pm
popkat wrote:

Wow. Didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. I was married to a furry Italian once. Lovely at the time but I don't need one now.

:lol:

Very nice bike you have there, I do like Aprilia's but told myself I'd never have another new or newish one after massive warranty troubles with my last 2, they always say they are much better but in my experience they haven't changed, they take a very long time to sort anything out and sometime don't bother at all. A real same.. By contrast on my MT10 the chain went rusty but I hadn't ridden it in the wet, 2 emails and 2 days total I had a new chain.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I'm in there with my eyes open. I'm not going to do anything to invalidate the warranty and will extend the warranty beyond 2 years if I still have the bike. If it blows up sobeit. It gets repaired under warranty. I'm keeping my Storm so I'll always have something to ride if that happens.

The design is now fairly mature and, apart from the swoopy electronics, should be reasonably sorted. Looking forward to seeing if I can break it!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:43 pm Gradually getting the Tuono into shape. Tank cover, levers, GPS mount. Screens arrived today for the ridiculously exposed rad and oil cooler. Just over 200 miles now. Might try full throttle some time in the near future.

The roads are improving but still a nasty mixture of gravel and snow run-off. Have fitted a hot water feed for my jetwash.Image

god dam that is so pretty ian :thumbup: health to ride sir.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

nice looking bike Ian, how do you like the sound of the V4 when you wind open the throttle exiting the bends??? when I followed my mate in Sardinia it sounded like a big old V8 when he gets on the gas
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:15 am nice looking bike Ian, how do you like the sound of the V4 when you wind open the throttle exiting the bends??? when I followed my mate in Sardinia it sounded like a big old V8 when he gets on the gas
It's Euro4 which, I'm lead to believe, is hard on noise. It has a HUGE muffler but, the eyeties have worked a miracle. I was surprised by how meaty it sounds. No comparison with a twin or il4 (or even il3). The noise is one of the best bits.

It's important to me to preserve the warrantee. Some of the older ones were fond of dropping valves and a few of the new ones have a Richard dash. Putting a can on it voids the warrantee unless it's an official Akrapovic one from Aprilia which of course costs a kidney. I'm tempted to keep it stock.

You'll hear it soon enough.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

MacV2 wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:07 pm Had this deliverd today...Waiting for me when I pulled up...

No.6

Pic from the advert, It started hissing down just as he wheeled it off the van...

You'll have to wait till the weekend when I can get the bins out... :lol:

24k on the clock, a few nice bits on it...& some crap bits...blue leavers & bar ends... Really ?

whats the migs sound like? im liking them.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:01 pm

whats the migs sound like? im liking them.
Dont torture yourself, they're hard to find.
I ran a pair, they were quite loud when I rebuilt them but "forgot" to put the baffle wool in......
But the carbon sleeves are much thicker than ordinary carbon can sleeves, so they don't break up or burn through.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Migs are lourvelly.
Tony's ahmm, amended ones were proper thumping ones.
I have a set of alu ones in the back of the cave that really need some TLC, as too nice just to be sat there getting dusty.
Trying to find them is hard due them being busted.
Only other storm I have seen with them was on the Scottish ride out (1 or 2) when we got piss wet through. Cant remember who had them either......
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time