AMCQ46

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by AMCQ46 »

Kev. Nice work on the balance bike. Loving the details
AMcQ
Nosepicker

Post by Nosepicker »

Pentode wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:51 pm Made an LED day riding light to replace the measly 5w bulb above the headlight.

Ordered some "Ultra Bright" 5mm LEDS and rummaged through my electronics bins for the other bits.

I managed to squeeze 21 of these little Supernovae onto the board and fitted it in the original lamp housing.

Rather pleased with my efforts 🙂

Wow what a difference. Nice work Pentode :thumbup:
Bad choices make good stories :D
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Superb work on both the balance bike (love the Made in England script Kev) and Pentode's powerful running light - what a creative bunch! :beer:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Pentode wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 5:51 pm Made an LED day riding light to replace the measly 5w bulb above the headlight.

Ordered some "Ultra Bright" 5mm LEDS and rummaged through my electronics bins for the other bits.

I managed to squeeze 21 of these little Supernovae onto the board and fitted it in the original lamp housing.

Rather pleased with my efforts 🙂

Very cool!

P.S. I just removed the light and put a grill in, but yours is the better option; nice work!
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Did a bit of fettling on Nue red.

Fitted some new sub filters, just as well as the old ones were starting to disintegrate & were a horrible sticky mess... 8O

Also changed the tool kit rubber band as the old one was not far from giving up the struggle to hold things down...
Seat rubber.jpg
As I had to get the seat plastics off to do the band the Rentec rack had to come off so before it went back on took the opertunity to put some tape on the plastics where the rack was touching it, it has some stick on foam pads but these have seen better days, best to protect the plastics.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:30 am
Shauned71 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:57 pm
MacV2 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:58 pm Over the last few days I have been giving Red 633 some attention...

So heres a little spot the difference quiz to keep you ocupied in lock down...

Frank has kindly donated a small prize as he puts it...'' For the most analy attentive nobheed out there...'' with the most correct answers...
Removed stickers from front fairing and belly... changed indicators to new shape (amber rear/clear front) Changed the bar ends.
Removed stickers from rear fairing and seat cowl and fitted v2 sticker to rear fairing... but then I gota thinking... firstly what a lovely gap you have between the cowl and fairing in the second pic.. and although it's hard to tell it kinda looks like an original v2 sticker so I might hazard a guess that you have changed that rear fairing.. and maybe the cowl as well, either that or going by the photos it at the least looks like you have added the rubber edging to the front of the cowl.
Finaly someone who doesnt need to go to specsavers... :lol: :lol:

5 out of 9.

OK as I'm a pedantic so & so, I'm calling time on this & declaring Shaun of the Dud the winner...

Mainly as he has most of the changes you can see... :wink:

Full list is...

Obvious one are...

Removed the stickers. (never a fan TBH but the two brothers ones were badly faded & looked pants...)

Late style indis all round with clear lens on the fronts.

The bar ends changed but so have the cheap gash grips, used std ones that were in stock. ( difficult to see I know...)

Yes the tail fairing has been changed, so has origonal V2 stickers on, the seat hump is the same but with the old V2 sticker removed & a rubber strip added.

So thats the 5 he got minus the grips... :wink:

The less visable...Ok invisible :lol:

The front tank mount bolts were no std & the top hats were in from the top...So top hats put in correctly replacment std washers on the top & SS allen bolts used.

I'd previously mentiod back in the oil change thread that when I took the fairing off the sidelight wiring had been bodged, so rectified that & fitted a different side light unit with an LED bulb in it. Something I'd made up yonks ago, I'm talkin' Ole Red here, but never fitted as it required the std plug to be cut off & I didn't want to do that...This one already is missing the plug.

The mirrors have been changed. It was wearing a set of the aftermarket std copies, you know the ones that if you move them to adjust they go loose & fold in when you get above 50... :lol:

Alan mentioned the rear brake lever...Well its not been changed. When I was feking about with the rear light, the rear brake wasn't activating the brake light. It has a pressure switch on it & I was gonna chase the wire try testing it ect... Then I noticed that the nut was missing on the back of the lever... 8O So sorted that it raised the lever & sorted the light out...

So theres the 9 changes... I didnt include the replacment inner fairing scoops that were missing...

So congrats Shaun you have incoming PM Sir...

We can all get back to lockdown boredom now... :lol:
Some light reading thanks to Mac.. I haven't read a book in years.. More to point I haven't completed one in years, and by that I mean back in my schools days.. I can sit at a computer screen and read forever but somehow never manage to finish a book.. So, this will make for a bit of a challenge.. May make my doctor happy as well.. I don't sleep very well, been like it for years. Once I'm asleep now im out of it, it's getting to sleep that's the problem.. Have been told loads of times to try reading a book before bed rather than watching the box or nosing around the Internet etc.. Be interesting to see if it does help.
Attachments
DSC_2294.JPG
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Shauned71 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 2:51 am

Some light reading thanks to Mac.. I haven't read a book in years.. More to point I haven't completed one in years, and by that I mean back in my schools days.. I can sit at a computer screen and read forever but somehow never manage to finish a book.. So, this will make for a bit of a challenge.. May make my doctor happy as well.. I don't sleep very well, been like it for years. Once I'm asleep now im out of it, it's getting to sleep that's the problem.. Have been told loads of times to try reading a book before bed rather than watching the box or nosing around the Internet etc.. Be interesting to see if it does help.
I hope it helps Shaun, yeah watching TV or being on a PC/tablet just before bed anit good, something to do with the light from the screen affecting the eyes/brain waves...

Strange then that I often fall asleep in front of the tele, normaly it's the last few laps, wake up & they are on the podium... :lol: :lol:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

in a strange twist today i bought old yellow back again, for about the third time :eek2 :eek2 so im upto 3 storms again, but ,it was at the right price and iv bought it for a friend who was looking a good one so it will be away again on sunday :sad2 :sad2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:58 pm in a strange twist today i bought old yellow back again, for about the third time :eek2 :eek2 so im upto 3 storms again, but ,it was at the right price and iv bought it for a friend who was looking a good one so it will be away again on sunday :sad2 :sad2
"I bought it for a friend"............
Save it for the wife, Rob
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Omg Rob, I can nearly justify one let alone 4!!!!!
SWMBO must be very understanding or has she a secret passion to!!!!
Handbags anyone!!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

She likes it when he's out of the house
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Today I had to pop in to work to drop off me handheld computer, some upgrades to the system or somesuch...

Unfortunatly after using Custurd on Monday I put it away with the ignition still switched on... Falt as a flat thing battery... :(

So I had to use Nue Red instead...

Once I finished I didn't call Tony to arange not meeting him to not go out for a ride...

So having not met him we didn't go for a ride around mainly Kent & bits of Sussex.

It was a nice day for it shame we arn't aloud to do that sort of thing at the moment what with lockdown n stuff.

Still on looking on the bright side thats 160 odd miles that ain't on the clocks... :wink:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yes, I went out delivering PPE to our clinical team, but kept bumping (not) into Mac who must have been riding a very similar route, purely coincidentally.

My dreadful sense of direction meant that a perfectly simple 20 mile journey went on for hours.

Luckily, it is now permitted to travel as far as you like as long as it's to exercise, so I was very pleased to find that when I reached home my magic watch confirmed that I had climbed 57 flights of stairs and almost 13,000 steps while I was out, which feels about right.

Also feeling about right was the 2 oh, no.
I found myself on some roads very similar to the ones I would have been riding if Yorkshire had gone ahead- narrow single lane roads with gravel and animal poo on them.
The 2 oh, no made a much better job of those than the SP2.

But it's not a Honda, and so there are already some problems: there is a recall for brake pads which fall apart in use, and the front tyre keeps deflating. It's not the tyre, could be the valve, but also might be a porous casting. It's booked in the Tuesday after the bh when I'll be in the vicinity of Colchester Kawasaki, where I bought it, at MSS getting a key worker dyno run, to make sure it stays properly fuelled while I deliver PPE to our nurses and carers.
Some idiot has fitted a full ti system and race air filter, and it might be running a tad lean.

It just wants some attention, poor neglected thing.

But I mostly feel very guilty about neglecting the SP2, it's insured but not taxed, so stays where it is while I work on one bike and ride the other.
Therapy or Beer will help me get over these guilty feelings, erm, decision made, chin chin all.
Dickiebig

Post by Dickiebig »

Rode it!!!!!!
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Went for a ride in the New Forest,took my flask and packed lunch.
20200516_130202.jpg
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine