what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
Mav617

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by Mav617 »

Thrashed it to Eastbourne then had a leisurely ride back:

I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

tony.mon wrote:Update: the reason that the wireless charger wasn't charging was that it isn't a wireless charger; it's a USB charger. :oops:
The wireless one isn't listed on the quadlock motorcycle section, perhaps it isn't IP rated.
I'll have to plug in a short USB to phone lead.

Easy enough fix, I suppose :lol:

Any of the sparkies wish to advise what fuse rating I need?
I have a 7.5 in there at the moment.
The fuse depends on what you want to charge and what the wire rating is Tony. You could get away with a 3 amp and that would cover most things you can charge on a USB. It’s only a phone I wouldn’t worry about it too much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Thanks, Pete.
Today I dyno'd the Tuono to check fuelling, it's running rich, and only just getting over 160 bhp.
Some work needed....

Also, the brake pad recall has been checked, it will get new pads under warranty. Lastly, the front tyre has been lose a little pressure every day- they will replace the wheel under warranty as there is some corrosion.
It was a year old in February........

It ain't a Honda.

Met with Wicky, went to Harwich and dropped into Jonesy's bakery for cakery. Good to meet up!
Busy day!
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
popkat

Post by popkat »

tony.mon wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:39 pm Thanks, Pete.
Today I dyno'd the Tuono to check fuelling, it's running rich, and only just getting over 160 bhp.
Some work needed....

Also, the brake pad recall has been checked, it will get new pads under warranty. Lastly, the front tyre has been lose a little pressure every day- they will replace the wheel under warranty as there is some corrosion.

It ain't a Honda.

Met with Wicky, went to Harwich and dropped into Jonesy's bakery for cakery. Good to meet up!
Busy day!

What are they supposed to make then ?, I thought 160 at the wheel was good for one of them, yes running rich means there's some improvements to be had but at least it should be smooth as it is. think they claim 175 at the crank so not bad at all what you have. what other mods are done to it ?.. my MT10 has 153 at the wheel, the latest Yamaha's (and triumph it seems) are much closer to their claimed figures when put on the dyno.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

popkat wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:48 pm
Some work needed....

It ain't a Honda.

Busy day!
What are they supposed to make then ?, I thought 160 at the wheel was good for one of them, yes running rich means there's some improvements to be had but at least it should be smooth as it is. think they claim 175 at the crank so not bad at all what you have. what other mods are done to it ?.. my MT10 has 153 at the wheel, the latest Yamaha's (and triumph it seems) are much closer to their claimed figures when put on the dyno.
It has the full Akra system, race map and rsv4 air filter, so I was hoping for another 5 or so, tbh.
I'll see if there's a leaner map.
15905286153921139036514136833788.jpg
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

If you tape a map to the tank you can go around Hewitts roundabout to make it lean

Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

That's another thing that annoys with this bike, I feel like I'm leaning over but the display says only 30 degrees......

Might have to put a bit of tape over that bit of the display!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Fitted a scotoiler to Nue Red...

Not convinced the nozzle will stay where it should whilst riding...time will tell...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
popkat

Post by popkat »

tony.mon wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:31 pm
It has the full Akra system, race map and rsv4 air filter, so I was hoping for another 5 or so, tbh.

That looks ok, yes a bit rich at the top end (well from 8k up) but that's nice and safe, 7k rpm is very good and good power, rather than the 100% throttle run you've got there I'd like to see 20,40,60 % throttle runs to see what the fueling is doing there, it may not be rich at all. think about how you /we use the bikes and 100% throttle isn't often and usually quite brief (especially on an 1100cc superbike), your at much smaller throttle openings most of the time.. where it counts and you can feel the differences and benefits

My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

popkat wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:49 pm

That looks ok, yes a bit rich at the top end (well from 8k up) but that's nice and safe, 7k rpm is very good and good power, rather than the 100% throttle run you've got there I'd like to see 20,40,60 % throttle runs to see what the fueling is doing there, it may not be rich at all. think about how you /we use the bikes and 100% throttle isn't often and usually quite brief (especially on an 1100cc superbike), your at much smaller throttle openings most of the time.. where it counts and you can feel the differences and benefits.
You're right, of course. (It's not a superbike, that's the RSV4, mines just the naked one).
I liked being able to play with the fuelling on the SP2 on the pc, and could easily have dialled in some corrections if Aprilia allowed access.
But with the Aprilia's lean sensitive traction control I thought you could use 100 percent more often than you would normally.
It took me a while to man up, but it seems to work. Just wind it on exiting corners and trust the digital safety net.

It's a shame my Domino qa twistgrip won't fit it....or the PCV....or the Ti bolts.
The only thing I've swapped over is the lithium battery.

Ah well, the next owner of the SP2 will have some bling to look at.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

tony.mon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:45 pm (It's not a superbike, that's the RSV4, mines just the naked one).
I liked being able to play with the fuelling on the SP2 on the pc, and could easily have dialled in some corrections if Aprilia allowed access.
Plenty of options out there to adjust the mapping. Also, as said, max HP at full throttle is little more than bragging rights in the real world. Integrate (in the mathematical way of speaking) the power curve and the Tuono has more power than the RSV4. It has more power up to just under 11k revs and the fact (due to different engine specs, different injectors etc...) the RSV4 ultimately makes more power is that it revs higher.

I very rarely use full throttle and then only briefly as I'm a pussy. And the anti-wheelie control, even at minimum setting, cuts full max power in at least the first 3 gears. More fun for the buck may be had by changing the wheels for lighter ones. I nearly scored a set of the original Oz forged wheels a while back but the seller was a plonker.

Colchester seem to be tossers. My Newcastle dealer sent me an email saying the pads were there whenever I wanted to come in. How hard can that be?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
popkat

Post by popkat »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:16 pm
tony.mon wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 10:45 pm (It's not a superbike, that's the RSV4, mines just the naked one).
Plenty of options out there to adjust the mapping. Also, as said, max HP at full throttle is little more than bragging rights in the real world. Integrate (in the mathematical way of speaking) the power curve and the Tuono has more power than the RSV4. It has more power up to just under 11k revs and the fact (due to different engine specs, different injectors etc...) the RSV4 ultimately makes more power is that it revs higher.

I very rarely use full throttle and then only briefly as I'm a pussy. And the anti-wheelie control, even at minimum setting, cuts full max power in at least the first 3 gears. More fun for the buck may be had by changing the wheels for lighter ones. I nearly scored a set of the original Oz forged wheels a while back but the seller was a plonker.

Colchester seem to be tossers. My Newcastle dealer sent me an email saying the pads were there whenever I wanted to come in. How hard can that be?
Its a shame woolwich racing don't do their software for the Ape, I've had the MT10 ECU reflashed with it, things like fan temp lowered, max revs raised, fuel cut turned off or down (this make a big difference to the ride) exhaust valve servo turned off, AIS turned off, and the fueling has been adjusted, cost about the same as a power commander set up but you don't have to buy the power commander.

mik_str

Post by mik_str »

popkat wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:48 pm
Some work needed....

It ain't a Honda.

Busy day!
seems to be some improvement to be found based on the air-fuel chart (Have you thought of giving Gabro a ring?) but the torque is nice and smooth... must be a hoot to ride!
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

The lucazade bike towering over the little vtr

AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Nice new gates as well.