what have you done to your "bike" today

General Biker Banter
fabiostar

Re: what have you done to your "bike" today

Post by fabiostar »

changed the rear tyre on the yellow one. never in my life have i seen a tyre that wanted to stay on the rim like this one :confused :confused .. i ended up with a plank of wood and driving the car over it, for an hour ffs.. :eek2 :eek2

maxxis off, mitas on, let the fun begin.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Well today I got out and washed the bike. It needed it after sitting through winter. Getting myself prepared to get it all back together and as soon as proper warm weather arrives I can get the spray cans back out. In the meantime I can do some other bits like get the rear end back together. I also need to work out the sizing and angles for some exhaust madrels for swept up link pipes. I might have to go with something like this and then add a short straight bit on. The hard part is going to be able to work out the angles. Any advice Varastorm? :lol: Iv'e got some nice Carbon Scorpians to go on but the links with them are low levels and also the outlets on my race header are not at a standard angle. Ideally I would like some swept up mid level links where I can swap cans at will if I want to throw on some diffrent cans. Othe stuff to do is fit an undertray, sort out the tail tidy with new plate, fit led indicater rear and front. Fit the Oberon slave and bleed clutch and brakes, fit fork brace. Stick some Carbon engine protectors on, spray panels, fit decals, lacquer, I'm sure there's other stuff but I can't think what.

I'm fed up with the bike getting wet and covered in shite from the tree's when sitting doing nothing so I then went and ordered an Oxford Protex Stretch Outdoor Bike Cover I could not decide between a medium or large but decided on medium size in the end. I also ordered an Oxford Solariser Optimiser at the same time. Thought it may be useful.

Right....bring on the sunshine. Let's get this bike back on the road.
==============================Enter the Darkside
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

VTRDark wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:47 pm You could have applied for job in the titty bar :lol:

That is some crazy weather. It's the same over here now...snow one minute, sun the next. Anyone that doesn't believe in global warming needs to open their eyes. I look forward to seeing the pics. :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to see the photo's Marty :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

took the blue one to get juice. came back to it after i got home and seen a puddle of oil....god dam :sad2 . so thats the fork seal them pissing oil.... :eek2 ....gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:24 pm took the blue one to get juice. came back to it after i got home and seen a puddle of oil....god dam :sad2 . so thats the fork seal them pissing oil.... :eek2 ....gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
You really should look after your bikes properly, and spend a bit more time with the spanners.

:Finger3:
Last edited by tony.mon on Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:41 pm
fabiostar wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:24 pm took the blue one to get juice. came back to it after i got home and seen a puddle of oil....god dam :sad2 . so thats the fork seal them pissing oil.... :eek2 ....gggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
You really should look after your bikes properly, and sound a bit more time with the spanners.

:Finger3:
lol i could burn the bastid things atm :p :p
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I filled up three times today. Did 150 miles on the Tuono then got on the Storm. What a fantastic bike. A tenth of the price, 20 years older and still kicks gluteus. Happy bunny tonight. I'll wash them both in the morning. I've discovered snow foam. Mega!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: what have you done to your

Post by sirch345 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:26 pm I filled up three times today. Did 150 miles on the Tuono then got on the Storm. What a fantastic bike. A tenth of the price, 20 years older and still kicks gluteus. Happy bunny tonight. I'll wash them both in the morning. I've discovered snow foam. Mega!
:thumbup: good to hear,

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Put the replacent seat lock on to Custard, having tanken off the one I nicked off Dresden, which I then put back on to Dresden but only after I'd put the second replacment I needed onto Big bird, which as the orig. one was fubar I took off last week...

So basicaly changed some seat locks... :lol:

Vanstub popped round as did Duffy & Mrs Duffy (Tracy but not as funny as Mrs Duffy...)

Duffy was on a spare parts raid & left with a radiator & some bolts...

Boxed up, bikes away in the MacCave. Steve played hunt the ear plug for half an hour, then sat down & watched the WSBK race 2...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Went with Mrs Duffy to Macsters to collect a rad and bolts. Had the piss taken out of me by Vanstub.
Left Macsters wit parts and put them in the Duffcave for 6 months rest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
podman

Post by podman »

Did around 100 miles out on the storm today, with my Dad
and a friend ,ended up at Dunstable Downs for a cup of tea or two, roads dry n reasonably sunny this afternoon , snow Wed/Thur for our way, so they say at the mo anyway...really have to make the most of it at the moment, I hope we have a fine Summer to make up for this poor start to the season.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Cut down most of a large fir tree then rewarded myself with the first run it if the year on the 2.
Got the Brembo brake pads bedded in, but there's so much crap on the roads in between the car wheel tracks...

Hopefully the next proper rain will rinse it off.

But bike feels good, I'm a little rusty bur nothing that won't come back in a hundred miles or so.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Nowt. Ordered and received HEL braided lines for the front, forks need dropping and a new front tyre - doesn't handle like a Storm, skittish :thumbdown:
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Went to put the swingarm and linkages back on the bike, set it all up found all the bolts and everything but couldn't remember which way around the Trangualur linkage bit went in the swingarm. I can no longer see the little arrow on it as it's painted. Went to check for some clues in the manual with no luck. I figured it can only go one of two ways so I shall flip a coin and if it's wrong reverse it. By this stage it started raining so packed up and gave up for the day. I swear the rain gods look down at me and have a laugh. Everytime I go to do something it bloody rains. Lets see if I can have better luck tommorow.
==============================Enter the Darkside