What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
rollingthunderx2

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Headraces on the new storm slack, so went about adjusting them tonight...the top yoke nut was on sooo wombles tight...needed a bar on the socket.....took the yoke off...the locknut was loose and the tab washer had all the tabs bent down......but the tensioner nut was slack too...bearing is ok .
Doesnt bode well....im doing a thorough inspection....the float bowl screws were slack and two had unwound...or not been tightened.....
The chain adjusters were full out one side and full in the other.
Some people....... 8O
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hmmm.
Best check everything, including brakes.... :whatever
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Stripy yellow bastid wasps...

Two stings, one on the right kneecap...

The other top of me inner thigh perilously close to me testiculas !

To be fair I was destroying thier home at the time of the attack, so they had the right to be a bit narked...

Note to self, work trousers are not sting proof... & yes I do have a full bee keeper ensemble, had the top & gloves on but not the trews...silly me...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Day off, plans ruined by shite weather...Anoyingly it was OK yesterday & I squandered it indoors...Tsk...
jchesshyre

Post by jchesshyre »

Owww that's so fckn annoying when that happens.
CB947

Post by CB947 »

Waking up 2 hours before the alarm... Bugger.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

kinda like above :eek2 except i woke up an hour after my alarm :Argue 1: :Argue 1: :Argue 1: oooh i was like a bag of weasels all day :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

PPT...

Poxy Parking Ticket...

55 FFFFekin quid !
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

How bloody much for insurance???
It's loaded with electronics to make it nearly uncrashable ffs.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Yea cannae change the laws of physics. I've dropped mine twice. Plus it's very knickable. Just renewed mine with Bennetts. £371 with 4 years NCB.

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Mmmmm.
I have a chequered past to take into account as well, perhaps the 450 I was quoted wasn't so bad.

I tried to put on the form that my riding has been endorsed by professionals, (the Police and Judiciary, in my case) but it didn't fit in the yes or no box.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

When mine was new a lot of brokers simply would not insure it. Mainly because the value was too high and I kept it in the house. One concept being a garage was more secure than a house. Go figure...

It's now lost a lot of value through depreciation so that figure is lower. The quote range has also always been large. Most recently 850 from an Aprilia recommended insurer to just over 200 for MCE.

Incidentally, it's now on a sorn. I had an email from Bennets in August confirming they were auto-renewing the insurance. Last week I had a letter from the MID telling me it wasn't insured and, although it was taxed, I was due a fine for having no insurance. WTF? It turned out that despite the email Bennets had not renewed my insurance. I had done a lot of miles without being insured. Perhaps I should have noticed the money had not come out of my account.

Anyway, I asked them to renew it from 1st November. "Sorry, can't do that, the offer has expired". OK I said, give me a new policy. Sorry, they said. The rules have changed, you now need to keep it in a garage, not your kitchen. You really can't make this up.

I finally managed to insure it but looking at the weather I'm thinking to keeping it on a sorn for a little while and subject the KTM or the Storm to the muck and rubbish on the roads.

If you haven't already I strongly advise you to get guards for the rad and oil cooler. I've got a front fender extender as well. In addition, in the worst weather I use a strip of duct tape down the middle of the rads. I've had to take the rad off before to get it professionally cleaned. The whole bike is designed for fine weather.

The LH switchgear has partially failed due to water ingress, as has the quick shift device. Both replaced really quickly under warranty.

It's actually not too bad a bike to work on unless you want to delve into the valves which it a bit tricky but if you want to do anything on it give me a ring first. There are a few things worth being warned about first. www.apriliaforum.com is a fantastic resource.

Have fun!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

What are the annual running costs for a smart meter? Why does no-one ever tell you that, eh?
Of course it uses electricity to power the display, otherwise, what does it run on, magic?

It's a lying politician's con, that's what it is.

-Discuss.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Biggest issue with these things are that the meters are tied into your supplier, so if you have one and want to switch providers then you need to pay them to swap the meter. Oh and the old one just gets put in the bin to add to the ever growing mountain of 1 use plastic.....
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

We had a meeting at work yesterday to try to find ways to make incoming phone calls shorter.
I said the one common word was "hello", so if we could find a way to abbreviate that it would help.

It seemed like a colossal waste of time, but at least we ended on a hi.