What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by VTRDark »

This is where all the new V4's come into play as you get the best of both worlds then :thumbup:
==============================Enter the Darkside
popkat

Post by popkat »

VTRDark wrote: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:29 am This is where all the new V4's come into play as you get the best of both worlds then :thumbup:

And cross plane crank Yamaha. My MT10 feels like a V4 and a bit like a twin but it's an inline 4..

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

lloydie wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:50 pm
podman wrote:Got well and truly blizted by a VW Golf type R, past 120 it just pulled briskly away...sometimes 107BHP aint enough...mmmm
I remember a jag that had me and Amcq !! Fuk that was a fast car
yup, he was flying .. and was happy to overtake in gaps that a biker would question 8O . I think we caught him in the corners, but we had no chance on the straights
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

So?
Does that mean the shakedown of the new frontend is going well or is there still more fiddling to be done?
Just wondering cause normally cars can go around bends faster than bikes :twisted:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pete.L wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:39 pm So?
Does that mean the shakedown of the new frontend is going well or is there still more fiddling to be done?
Just wondering cause normally cars can go around bends faster than bikes :twisted:

Pete.l
Sorry Pete, this incident was a good few years ago, the new front end is still waiting for the road outside the house to stop looking like a slurry pit
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

about two years ago i bumped into an Audi RS6..... jesus those things are proper fast :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Feckin Jobsworth in the PO...& the feckin Jobsworth bloody delivery bod...

Got home on Tues & found 2 cards from PO...different delivery times...Go figure.

Both saying packets have been taken to the local sorting office...Local as in 5 miles away... :lol:

One needs a sig...Pick up 24 hrs from delivery...OK except that office is closed weds PM so can't be picked up till Thurs...

Go there today on way home...1 packet a jiffy bag is the special delivery...So jobs worthy slowly peels the little sticker off, sticks on his card, slides it over for me to sign... 'It dosent match whats on the packet..' I always sign MG Mac...shows him my driving licence with the same sig on it...he reluctently passes over packages...mummbling something about Grain & that I've got an attitude & if I dont like it don't come here...To which I pointed out that a/ he didn't ask for ID...b/ I don't have a choice as the usless delivery bods can't knock on a neighbours door & ask them to take it, saving every one the hassle. c/ As I have the cards that have been put through my door at my address I have to be the person that the parcel is for...

It wasn't till I got home & looked at said package...Addressed to Mac O'Grain...It was from Tony, a seat lock & key...

Thats why the the names didn't match... :lol: :lol: Cheers Tony... :Ball Kick:

Now I have to get a key cut & send back the 1 key to Tony as its for his wee 600...

Sometime next week... Knock Knock...Package for Mr T Liverdamage...sign here...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Grrr...Shed loads to do today on various Storms...&...it's bloody snowing again.

As I need to pull various Storms out of the MacCave to even get to the tool chests today may well be a total blowout.

Still look on the bright side MotoGP practice will be on later today... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Snow! It's snowing again, yesterday was a sunny warmish day with dry roads and I was stuck in work.
I haven't got the bike out of the garage this year; every weekend it's either snowing, raining or there's loads of salt on the roads.

I can't get the sp2 out on salty roads- I can't be doing with hosing it off and cleaning it afterwards and it would be rotten next time I wanted to use it if I didn't.
I should have kept the Storm, never minded about using that all year, and not cleaning it made no difference due to how often it came apart and I could clean bits as it was being reassembled.

It's an infuriation, that's what it is, and I'm starting to think that it must be someone's fault.

Whatever happened to the global warming we were promised?

I've got a bag of coal in the shed, and if the weather doesn't improve, and soon, I'm going to use it.

If that makes me an eco terrorist, so be it.

Don't say I haven't warned you.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Got drug tested this morning on cemex site and got a non negative for opium !!!!! How the fuk when I don’t take drugs !!
Sample been sent off to the lab for more tests and I’ve been banned off cemex till the results come back clear (if they do) so my boss has sent me to Bristol tramping till Friday or sooner depending when the results come back .
If they come back clear I keep my job . Positive and I’ll be out of a job .

So yer very pissed off today
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

On a serious note, have you been munching any poppyseed rolls, multi grain bread??
This triggers it off all the time.
If a piss sample ask your boss to allow you to get tested right away, as first thing tomorrow.
We get loads of issues with contaminated samples out on sites.
Opium stays in your for ages so blood test may be required to show clear.
Do Cemex bring in External people to do the samples?? Hope all turns out clean
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

What sort of test did they do? Blood, Urine, hair?
and what sort of equipment do they use? We do a lot of similar testing and I can tell you for nothing that some test kits are just presumptive and get it wrong quite often.
Give me a shout if you need some advice and I'll have a word with our lab.
It's also quite possible there was cross contamination in their lab or even certain meds can give you a false positives ( are you on any good pain killers?)
Hopefully a retest will come back clear and they've just worried you for nothing :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

grumpyfrog wrote:On a serious note, have you been munching any poppyseed rolls, multi grain bread??

No poppyseeded stuff as I stay away from them .
Bread possibly .
Pizza definitely .

This triggers it off all the time.
If a piss sample ask your boss to allow you to get tested right away, as first thing tomorrow.

He’s sent me away tramping 2 hours away but I’ll ask .

We get loads of issues with contaminated samples out on sites.
Opium stays in your for ages so blood test may be required to show clear.
Do Cemex bring in External people to do the samples??
Yes they bring in outside testers .Hope all turns out clean
Thank you .
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Pete.L wrote:What sort of test did they do? Blood, Urine, hair?
and what sort of equipment do they use? We do a lot of similar testing and I can tell you for nothing that some test kits are just presumptive and get it wrong quite often.
Give me a shout if you need some advice and I'll have a word with our lab.
It's also quite possible there was cross contamination in their lab or even certain meds can give you a false positives ( are you on any good pain killers?)
Hopefully a retest will come back clear and they've just worried you for nothing :thumbup:

Pete.l
It was a urine test .
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that's crazy Lloydie, they are literally taking the piss!!!

hope you get the all clear soon
AMcQ