What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by AMCQ46 »

podman wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm re the RD500, my freshly rebuilt one blew its headgasket on Friday after I gave it a thrashing , so another one may be on the market soon... :mrgreen:
that's a bugger, especially if it was newly rebuilt! any lessons learned? as My mate is just doing a full rebuild of his RD500 and has just had the engine done for him, so before he puts it in the frame he will want to check.

I might put him in touch direct to save me being the middle man
AMcQ
podman

Post by podman »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:46 pm
podman wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:24 pm re the RD500, my freshly rebuilt one blew its headgasket on Friday after I gave it a thrashing , so another one may be on the market soon... :mrgreen:
that's a bugger, especially if it was newly rebuilt! any lessons learned? as My mate is just doing a full rebuild of his RD500 and has just had the engine done for him, so before he puts it in the frame he will want to check.

I might put him in touch direct to save me being the middle man

I think its just sods law mate,its not unknown for the gaskets to need re-torquing after a running in period but its not made any difference in my case..problem is, many of the parts are getting old for these bikes and whilst they may be "new" in a bag, they could have sat in the bag for years and deteriorated.

It was motoring and sounding ace before it went though so after what should be a straightforward fix(its the front pots head that has failed), im looking forward to getting it back on the road.

Who did your friends engine?
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

fabiostar wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:01 pm it cleared up here and went out and gave it a dam good spanking :D

What about the bike :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

well 2 x speeding tickets in 1 week on the same road, I always thought it was a 50, turns out its 40. so 46mph and offered a course, then 45 and a £90 fine and 3 points bugger
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Watty

Post by Watty »

bigtwinthing wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:32 pm well 2 x speeding tickets in 1 week on the same road, I always thought it was a 50, turns out its 40. so 46mph and offered a course, then 45 and a £90 fine and 3 points bugger
Ooops :(
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Double oops :o
AMcQ
budd

Post by budd »

Bloody bin wagon reversing into my van and then buggering off, smashed rear light and paint scraped off the colour coded bumper :x
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
podman

Post by podman »

budd wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:06 pm Bloody bin wagon reversing into my van and then buggering off, smashed rear light and paint scraped off the colour coded bumper :x
B'std....you got some evidence to link him to the damage I hope...
budd

Post by budd »

podman wrote:
budd wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:06 pm Bloody bin wagon reversing into my van and then buggering off, smashed rear light and paint scraped off the colour coded bumper :x
B'std....you got some evidence to link him to the damage I hope...
No just the remains of my rear light on the road ironically next to the now empty bin

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Hit something bigger than a badger this time (Astra)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

lloydie wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:45 pm Hit something bigger than a badger this time Image (Astra)
So long as it was not Santa...................................................... :wink: :problem: :lol:

I hope nobody got hurt,

Chris.
lloydie

What's annoyed you today??

Post by lloydie »

Nope thank biscuits .
But I did spill my coffee

I think someone will be buying his wife a new car tho
Maybe she should send Santa a letter
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Not to be left out, I absent mindedly drove into a Nissan Leaf on weds.
No idea why.

It's too late for early onset alzheimers so it can't be that.

Cracked rear bumper on her car, cracked number plate on mine.
That would have been it, but she then rolled into the car in front of her.
Nobody hurt.

That's what insurance is for I suppose.
It's with Saga, so they will be used to it.

Anyone else driving while planning what to have for dinner?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Driving down the A19 the other day and watched an ambulance, all blues and twos, get right up behind a yummy mummy in a range rover and sit there for ages before she saw them. Oh my, did I sneer.

On the way back up, making daydream comparisons between a 1290 superduke and a Tuono factory I felt a certain unease. A polis dog van, blues and twos, right up my chuff. How long for I have no idea. The shame of it....
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Wearing in new boots.
Picked up some sidi magnetic doodah boots cheapish at the last brands Bsb round, and they still haven't become comfortable.
I went out on my CB600 for an hour today to keep everything moving (me and the bike) and wore my old sidis, they were like comfy old slippers.

I'll put them on at home for an hour each evening this week (they're on now) to see if I can get them stretched a bit before next Saturdays santa in a sidecar bike meet at the wife's school.
The local triumph oc and the police mc club do this every year.
They raise a huge amount of if money for the disabled kids, and give every child a good gift from santa.

I'll get the 2 out and see if I can stand in the new boots for a few hours making teas and coffee and handing out hot mince pies.

If they still feel tight I might have to borrow the wife's pop socks, they're thinner......
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.