What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by sirch345 »

budd wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:50 pm the top engine mount breaking off the wife's new shape VW Beetle, she's coming home from work and notices something is wrong and as the foresight to pull over and ring me, I arrive and it's pretty obvious what's happened the engine is no longer level, anyway there's nothing I can do at the side of the road I figure it's unlikely to actually fall out so as it's not far I elect to drive it home, nice and steady all is going well until a particularly nasty speed hump takes the sump out !! by the time I get home the oil light is flashing and there's an impressive trial of oil leading down the road and up my drive bugger !! When I investigate the rather large cast alloy engine mount is wedged between the engine and inner wing the cam pulley as cut an decent section out it quite how it's not taken the belt out I don't know but at least the belt is still in one piece. Turns out 2 of the 3 retaining bolts have snapped the 3rd is just gone, so I have two to remove one of which is on the side of the block with very limited access I'm hoping I can get in with right angled drill and then use an easy out to remove it other wise it's an engine out job !!
So why should this happen ? my first thought was that the bolts weren't correctly tightened when the cambelt was changed and it's worked loose but according to the S/H this was nearly 2 yrs ago, we've had it nearly a yr so you'd think if it wasn't correctly tightened up then it would have come lose already, so it's a bit of a mystery. I've done a bit of research and it turns out that while not a regular occurrence this isn't unknown and can effect all newish VWs, it seems the engine mount bolts are stretch bolts so essentially one use bolts, now I know stretch bolts are commonly use on cylinder heads but I didn't realise them were also used in other area, so it seems when the cambelt was done they weren't replaced but to be fair to whoever did it if I'd done I wouldn't have replaced them either, when I've done cambelts before or even engine changes I've never replaced any of the bolts.
They must have some reason for them using stretch bolts maybe it's a production line thing but I think the morale here is particularly on newer cars is to check the bolt specs on critical applications.
8O As if the engine mount problem wasn't enough on it's own. Did you also get GBH of the ear-hole when you got home from your wife "I told you not to drive it" :wink: :lol:

I suppose the only saving grace is the cambelt didn't let go.

A bit of a mystery though I agree regarding the engine mount and it's bolts,

Chris.
popkat

Post by popkat »

When I bought the MT10 it had a tail tidy fitted, I preferred one of a different make so bought one and took the one on the bike off, it had been on for a few hundred miles and was mint condition, like new.. Sold it to a guy through facebook. He messaged me today saying the led number plate light doesn't work. I know it was working fine so I suggested that he checked the wiring, but if no good I would try and get him another light, he messaged back saying he knows it's the light and not the wiring and he just wants to return it for a refund.. Sounds to me like he didn't like it and wants to reverse the deal. Led lights don't just break. I messaged back saying normally it's try before you buy, not after, I said the offer to sort the light was fair.. Waiting for his reply now :think:
He paid by paypal but must have done it friends and family as I had no fee's to pay. So I guess he'll be relying on my good will, trouble is if he sends it back and it has any marks on it I can't sell it for the same amount. I think he should take the offer of a new light, even if it costs me a bit, I won't know cost until tomorrow.

I've always kept away from facebook deals as you hear of them going bad, but did one and it went ok so thought I'd try another.
Ironically This chap sold me a comfort seat for the same bike, I've only had a quick look as it arrived today but it does seem ok :roll:

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
popkat

Post by popkat »

No he's said in a very patronising way the he'll ignore my message and has order a new tail tidy from the same manufacturer. A stroppy message was returned from me :lol: I said he's being unreasonable as I offered to replace the number plate light so it would be like new.

Next message he says he's within his rights to return it and will dispute with paypal, say's he'll smear my name on the MT10 FB page, quoting me word for word.
As far as I know private buying has no rights of return, he paid by friends and family so has no dispute case.. He's just messaged me again saying he's off to post on FB all about how shoddy I am. What an idiot.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

popkat wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:40 pm No he's said in a very patronising way the he'll ignore my message and has order a new tail tidy from the same manufacturer. A stroppy message was returned from me :lol: I said he's being unreasonable as I offered to replace the number plate light so it would be like new.

Next message he says he's within his rights to return it and will dispute with paypal, say's he'll smear my name on the MT10 FB page, quoting me word for word.
As far as I know private buying has no rights of return, he paid by friends and family so has no dispute case.. He's just messaged me again saying he's off to post on FB all about how shoddy I am. What an idiot.

If he posts derogatory remarks about you, put in a complaint to the page Mod's & get him barred from the page...DO NOT reply to anything that is posted, just make your case to the mods via private msg, give as much detail as you can showing your side of the case. Just don't rise to any bait he may post !

As for paypal I don't think he has any hope of a refund if it's paid via family & freinds. If he goes down the refund route & PP do get involved again give all the info you have & state quite clearly that it was working when removed... Make sure you keep all copies of any msg's sent either way.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

What's annoyed you today??

Post by lloydie »

ImageImage
If she thinks I’m walking it now she can piss off
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

lloydie wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:55 pm ImageImage
Can't you use it as a paintball target ?

Obviously warm the balls up a bit first, you don't want hurt the poor little thing...too much. :wink:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

MacV2 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:59 pm
Can't you use it as a paintball target ?

Obviously warm the balls up a bit first, you don't want hurt the poor little thing...too much. :wink:
Paintball you perverts PAINTBALLS... :lol:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Hell Dawg...

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Nope still not taking it out .

And I only have pink paintballs left and that’ll only make it look more gay !!!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The dogs probably thinking the same thing looking at you!! :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

wow thats such a mans dog lmfao.. :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Wicky wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:14 pm Hell Dawg...

:lol: :thumbup:

Nice teeth,

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I’ll have to start calling it nasser lol
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Nasser? The former president of Egypt?

I suppose you can call your dog anything you like, but it seems an odd choice.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
budd

Post by budd »

My gran had one of those 'toy' dogs a poodle iirc, little black thing called sooty ( more unlightened times) we had a gsd called Adolf ( no not really it was called Max 😀) anyway granny had a spell in hospital so we got lumbered with sooty and that meant me walking the bloody thing. Well it turned out sooty was actually a proper dog and followed max everywhere he went, it ended up with twigs/ears of corn in its fur, covered in mud and crap but what a game little dog, so you've probably got a real dog in there it just needs a mud and sh1t makeover.
I've now gone all European and bought a KTM Superduke GT and Aprilia RSV1000R :D ,
Storm is now gone :cry: .