What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
StormyRob

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by StormyRob »

haynesjones66 wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:19 pm it's all right. dont worry about me. i'll just sit here crying into my guiness :beer:

Sorry mate I never bought it at all! Have no idea why I did that. I was supposed to go back and reply to that comment but forgot! 😐
Yep I am a tw@t
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

that makes two of us then! i just asked mac if it's gone yet..
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

the weather. i'm picking my new bike up on saturday and it's promising heavy rain and strong winds. typical :(
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

The man I have been talking to about buying a 1964 Triton as a project has decided it's not for sale now as he's going to restore it himself. :(
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:01 pm The man I have been talking to about buying a 1964 Triton as a project has decided it's not for sale now as he's going to restore it himself. :(
That's a shame Alan. Keep your eyes and ears open you never know what might turn up,

Good luck,

Chris.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

wombles insurance companies - again!

Went to renew, no problems, then get a letter saying I have to call them due to incorrect information. Queried why only one year no claims when I hadn't made a claim and the parking arrangements.

NCB was due to it being SORN and uninsured for two-years (I should have just kept thrid-party going on it i now realise). Parking - it's in a totally secure, coded access basement that even though I said is a 'Locked compound' they class it as a car park it appears. As a result they said they can't insure it so would refund my premium, less £20 for providing the wonderful service of not being able to insure me!!!! :Argue 1:

As an update. Just got off the phone to some other outfit and said about the Locked Compound thing before I buy. They said a Locked Compound isn't one but is a car park, an after-market road legal exhaust put on the comparison site became a pannier luggage system and when corrected it upped the policy by £15 and to finish off because the other policy was technically cancelled even though it never started they couldn't insure me. FFS
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Insurance companies are assholes.I cancelled my insurance and the cancellation fee was more than the refund.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Airports

Flight already delayed, but boarded now. Then he says he just wants us on the plane so he can ask for any last min slots if the come free. But in reality I am going to sit in a seat with no legroom for at least 50 mind before he taxies.

And to make matters worse I am sat beside a hippo and I am afraid to sleep in case she Ellis over and suffocated me.

Oh and I can’t drink as I have to drive when I land

Oh and I am going to be landing in Heathrow at 10pm and have 2hrs drive to get home.

Only plus side is the bank holiday Friday traffic might have calmed a bit by then.

I am off the scale grumpy at the moment
AMcQ
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

alanfjones1411 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:12 pm Insurance companies are assholes.I cancelled my insurance and the cancellation fee was more than the refund.
Same old, same old!!

I spend a lot of time on the Fireblade Forum and have had my own particular rants on the many various ways of (alleged) insurance extortion. One company charges a 15 quid 'admin fee' just to notify a numberplate change. :x
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

having to lift the tank, remove the air filter and the base, so i can get at a bolt i dropped into the back of the motor. finally got the thing out and put everything back together again. doh...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

haynesjones66 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:19 pm having to lift the tank, remove the air filter and the base, so i can get at a bolt i dropped into the back of the motor. finally got the thing out and put everything back together again. doh...
What you need is a magnet on a stick....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i went with the long screwdriver and back to front gaffer tape. i'm a skinflint..
sniffipn

Post by sniffipn »

buying a 22mm spanner for a job. putting it in the toolbox when i got home. not finding it there when needed. emptied the toolbox and looked at each spanner. using a barco adjustable spanner to get the job done.

having another look in the toolbox just now, while breakfast is on - and seeing the spanner. there all the time.
sniffipn

Post by sniffipn »

haynesjones66 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:54 pm i went with the long screwdriver and back to front gaffer tape. i'm a skinflint..
tiny neodym magnets are helpful. supaglue and stick/bent wire. reluctant to bend the telescopic pickup.
bobbler

Post by bobbler »

Sat in sunny Greece and getting annoyed by all the v-twins going past when all I can think is how great it would be to have the vtr with me.

Hopefully there will be an extended summer in the UK as I need to put more miles in when I get back.