What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
Dr B1G

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by Dr B1G »

Seeing a 16 yr old on a supped up moped doing about 40 - 50 mph with just a pair of shorts on!!!
I was walking the dog at the time and couldn't grip hold of him! :x
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

cybercarl wrote:
Wait dovel and o ring? You are talking about the reed valve?
Yeh the read valve was flipped. I'm talking about right in the centre of the cylinder head. There is a circular tube type, for want of a better word, dowel with an O ring. that slots in the head and on the underside of the cam cover.

(:-})

That tube is where the air from the pair system is injected into the exhaust port.

As you have found out, they do need to be in place..... :wink:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'm not sure i agree with this thread, i can see carl using it to slag me off all the time.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm with mac when it comes to the post office,the template for letter sizes is a joke. when you use a jiffy bag, unless you have a folded piece of paper inside the jiffy bag it will never get thru the hole.... :x
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Learn to mechanic then, pineapple :lol: is there no better motivation?

Sent from my GT-I9505
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I've been in dispute with bikedevils just lately, i'm not sure where I stand on the issue tho.
I bought a pair of probolt preload adjusters on the 11/11/11 so along time ago, but I never fitted the adjusters until a week ago, they've been in there packaging all that time.
so when I went to fit them I find out they don't fit, one of them is fine but the other is different. so of course i'm not best pleased, I wrote bikedevils an email explaining the situation and I ask them kindly if they can help me out.

heres their reply....

hello
sorry for the late reply , but im sorry we no longer sell pro-bolt products , they have stopped supplying motorcycle dealers ,

Best Regards

- bikedevils

a rather rubbish email as far as i'm concerned, I've sent them another email but I doubt it will end successfully for me. the next email I send will be explaining how I will be posting poor feedback about them on this forum. so i'm giving them one more chance.
ultimately I think any consumers rights I have expired a while ago... :(
we aren't talking about much money but more about the principle. I always imagined that business's that revolve around motorbiking have a similar attitude as bikers, where we try to help each other out?
perhaps i'm living in a dream world... :lol:
watch this space!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Can you not contact pro bolt themselves if the part is faulty
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

So far :-(
Woke up to find no milk for a cuppa .
Went for a crap no fooking bog roll .
One more thing and in going back to bed
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

lloydie wrote:Can you not contact pro bolt themselves if the part is faulty
I already did that lloydie, but they're not interested because they didn't sell them to me in the first place.. :roll:
even tho its their product, their suggestion was for me to buy another pair directly from them.... :crazy:
I might try to contact them again.....
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Virt

Post by Virt »

Bus arrived 30 minutes late and I'm still not at work. This happened yesterday morning too. I understand traffic and stuff, but if you physically cannot make the specified time then just change it on the bloody timetable. It's bad enough a return ticket is 2 hours of my pay :twisted:

Sent from my GT-I9505
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

As you have found out, they do need to be in place..... :wink:
Cheers buddy. We kept the standard top cap on rather than blanking plates. We figured it should be fine as the reeds where where reversed. Is this OK and blanking caps just to keep things tidy.
Learn to mechanic then, pineapple :lol:
Exactly. :lol: Oh this could be fun.
the next email I send will be explaining how I will be posting poor feedback about them on this forum.
Don't mention the exact forum though, just tell them over the Internet or forums in general. We don't need any more dealers on here otherwise I may have to kick off through the computer screen :lol: :lol:
It's bad enough a return ticket is 2 hours of my pay :twisted:
Now you know why our roads are so congested when it cheaper/easier to ride/drive as public transport is so expensive and such poor service. It's a plan I tell you, we all in it together :roll: force more traffic on the roads, increase the costs, fuel insurance, tax etc and gove earn more tax because it all out fault. :twisted:

==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:
It's bad enough a return ticket is 2 hours of my pay :twisted:
Now you know why our roads are so congested when it cheaper/easier to ride/drive as public transport is so expensive and such poor service. It's a plan I tell you, we all in it together :roll: force more traffic on the roads, increase the costs, fuel insurance, tax etc and gove earn more tax because it all out fault. :twisted:

Absolute madness. For £8 I can insure, ride, tax and MOT the bike for that one day.. And still have like a quid left over :Argue 1:
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Get a pushbike - you'd be halfway to work instead of standing waiting at the stop like a numpty.

or hitchhike...

Virt wrote:Bus arrived 30 minutes late and I'm still not at work. This happened yesterday morning too. I understand traffic and stuff, but if you physically cannot make the specified time then just change it on the bloody timetable. It's bad enough a return ticket is 2 hours of my pay :twisted:

Sent from my GT-I9505
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Letter from a solicitors informing me that the passenger in the Galaxy I hit is claiming whiplash...Yeah right...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
thumperslaw

Post by thumperslaw »

Having coffee in town and the screaming kids here.... Drop kick time
98 storm with goodies!

Srad seven fiddy stuntbike

K100 "flying brick"

R.I.P engine number 5
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

thumperslaw wrote:Having coffee in town and the screaming kids here.... Drop kick time
Try sitting in a hospital waiting area with the same thing...Today only for 30 mins fank tuck...

Same again tomorrow, but this time it might be me screaming...Having this pulled out of me arm... 8O

15.30 appointment so don't expect any gory new pic's till much later Carl... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...