What's annoyed you today??

General Biker Banter
AMCQ46

Re: What's annoyed you today??

Post by AMCQ46 »

I managed to annoy myself!!!!!!!!!!!!

..........having just rebored and fitted a new piston in the little 125 I managed to run the 2 stroke oil tank empty [all my other bikes are premix, so I forgot to check the sight glass :( ] and although I filled it up when I spotted it, I forgot you have to prime the pump if it goes empty. So on tuesday I took it out for a longer run and as I upped the revs to above 5000, guess what..............yup it siezed.

what an annoying tw@, forgetting the basics!!!!!!!!!!!!

on the plus side i was being fairly gentle with the bike at the time and whipped the clutch in as soon as I detected a drop in power, let it cool, it started fine and got me home at low speeds.
took the barrel off last night and it is very slight sieze and all below the ring stroke and no aluminium has tranfered.......so a quick clean up with wet&dry, coated in oil and put back togheter..........pump is primed and oil is flowing to the cylinder and we are all friends again :D
AMcQ
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Today only for 30 mins fank tuck...
What's the frier got to do with it. :lol:

Close call Al :eek2

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

I spent 15 minutes researching the word "object" because it looked weird and I swear I spelt it wrong in my code... Yeah... One of those days
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Waited 2 hours to exchange a van in London .
It should of been ready and waiting for me so on the way back (15:30) on the a40 what do I hit fooking trafic :-(((
And again on the m42 :-( all because one guy messing about .
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

cybercarl wrote:
As you have found out, they do need to be in place..... :wink:
Cheers buddy. We kept the standard top cap on rather than blanking plates. We figured it should be fine as the reeds where where reversed. Is this OK and blanking caps just to keep things tidy.
No worries and you will be fine running it like that. I ran like that for a while before I got around to making some proper block off plates with just a rubber "vacuum cap" on them just to make them look tidy :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

cybercarl wrote:
He is one of these imautre idiots that think there indistructable
I take it he hasn't had his first big off yet and broken bones then. :roll:

Nope. No off at all becides that on on the gravel hill which supprises me a great deal as he acts a complete twonk. I have to admit I do like it when he thinks he is the bees knees on a bike and I wipe the floor with him :lol: Must be bad if I can out run him :roll: :lol:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Bah...The bloke next door hoovering...Most annoying at this time of the morning ...Has he no respect for those of us off work on the sick who dont have to get up... :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

:lol: there's someone like that on every street.

What's annoying me today.......

Having to work in this heat wearing overalls and working on trucks that have been running for 10hours. As if it wasn't hot enough. My chocolate bar is melting right infront of my eyes and part melted chocolate never tastes as nice.
Virt

Post by Virt »

Chocolate melting is definitely the worst part. Melted chocolate tastes like shame and disappointment :thumbdown: I feel your pain.

:lol:

Today I have spent 3 hours trying to fix a bug reported by a client. I have now realised the bug isn't within any of my procedures or functions, it's one of the Microsoft made functions.. Considering this is a language made by Microsoft I'm slightly miffed that I now have to work out how they made that function, and remake it in one of my class modules so that the code can work.. Jesus, it's VBA for christ's sake. It's like 10 years old, how have they made a mistake and not had it reported to them yet to fix? :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

how have they made a mistake
Easy it's Microsoft. :lol: :lol:

Melted Chocolate.... Put in blender with some Ice cream and milk, Blend away and you have lovely Chocolate milkshake. :)

==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

dont start on melted chocolate......

My Snickers [Its till a Marathon to me!!!, but thats another Rant] melted in the door pocket of the van on sunday, I had put it there for after the trail so I had a sugar rush after the hard work............what a disgusting texture that is :sad2

but I had been looking forwards to it for 4hrs, so I did eat it [well I had to suck it out of teh wrapper]
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

hahahahaha

squeezing melted chocolate out of the wrapper stinks of desperation.....i have been there many times :cry:

Virt, i heard somewhere you can report problems and solutions to microsoft and earn money, the more serious the fault/problem the more money thet pay, just a thoughr dude, it might be worth the price of a melted choccy bar... :lol:

as for the heat, i've been working in 45 degree's today, it ain't fun, on the upside, i'm going for a swim in my pool now..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

is that a pool of sweat? :sick:
AMcQ
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:is that a pool of sweat? :sick:
don't get jealous al........ :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!