*** THREAD HIJACK ***

General Biker Banter
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Re: *** THREAD HIJACK ***

Post by Pete.L »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
For a pretty hot idea, why is it I get the feeling you will be getting the cold shoulder for a while :lol:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:lol: it will be more than a while if his wife reads Tony's idea :lol:

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Bloody government hypocrites.
Sugar tax= good thing.
But the moment BAE do a deal with the Saudis with a little sweetener..........
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'm after a new, well, new to me, minibus.
Wife's been looking and found two in Blackpool, one in Cornwall, one in Norfolk and one in Oxford to look at.
We were planning to go look at the Norfolk one today but they aren't answering their phone so we didn't want to waste a journey.
She said it was worth a run out in the car anyway, there's some nice scenery.
I said it's mostly too flat and samey.

If you tolerate Diss, then Great Yarmouth will be next.....
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

2.40 am and I'm sitting here in front of the TV wet n drying an undertray :wtf:

[edit] 3.50 am and I have finished the undertray. 1000 grit down to 3000. Bedtime now. :lol:
==============================Enter the Darkside
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTRDark wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 2:42 am 2.40 am and I'm sitting here in front of the TV wet n drying an undertray :wtf:

[edit] 3.50 am and I have finished the undertray. 1000 grit down to 3000. Bedtime now. :lol:
Now that is dedication :clap:

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

My sleeping pattern is a mess. Actually I ended up not being able to sleep so continued to polish other parts. Ended up falling asleep at 10 and then waking at 1 and then back to it polishing. So far I have everything rubbed down and polished accept for the tank and side fairings. Having the night off so sitting here watching car restoration programmes on the box. :crazy: I shall get outside and do the tank and fairings in the morning but I really need to get them all on the bike and give them another polish to absolute perfection and get rid of all the hologrammes and swirl marks. It's not easy holding a panel in one hand and drill with polishing pad in the other. :lol: It's looking good so far.

I'm going to go and take a couple of pics for you....

Here we go, this should give you an idea of how it's looking :thumbup:

Not the best lighting again and the camera really does pick up the finer nitty gritty details and as you can see there's a few blemishes but not bad for a rattle can jobbie done outside. I need to get some pics in daylight.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Well it looks good to me Carl, well done mate :clap:

I thought you had invested in a polishing mop there for a minute or two :)

Chris.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:23 am My sleeping pattern is a mess. Actually I ended up not being able to sleep so continued to polish other parts. Ended up falling asleep at 10 and then waking at 1 and then back to it polishing. So far I have everything rubbed down and polished accept for the tank and side fairings. Having the night off so sitting here watching car restoration programmes on the box. :crazy: I shall get outside and do the tank and fairings in the morning but I really need to get them all on the bike and give them another polish to absolute perfection and get rid of all the hologrammes and swirl marks. It's not easy holding a panel in one hand and drill with polishing pad in the other. :lol: It's looking good so far.

I'm going to go and take a couple of pics for you....

Here we go, this should give you an idea of how it's looking :thumbup:

Not the best lighting again and the camera really does pick up the finer nitty gritty details and as you can see there's a few blemishes but not bad for a rattle can jobbie done outside. I need to get some pics in daylight.
Your carpet needs a vacume... Now thats a thread Hijack...why the F is this posted here...Your sleep deprivation at work again ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Agreed.
It's not even off-topic.

This is the sort of thing that belongs here:

I am in Rhodes at the moment, and came in for a shower before heading out to a restaurant.
During the shower it occurred to me that you could combine a shower unit and a stand-up tanning bed; that's save some time and keep your hide tanned for longer.
So I looked it up on Google, no surprise, but some joker has already thought of it.
I'll have to keep thinking.

My next best idea was a system of mirrors and light wells on the roof to "duct" free sunlight in from all angles to make a natural tanning bed, the mirrors can be controlled like the mirrors tracking stars in a radio telescope, can't be that hard to jury-rig something.

If nothing else, you could use it to warm your tea up after it's gone cold without worrying about the microwaves reporting your thoughts and tea-drinking habits to the Martians, eh, Carl🤗
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Martians are here allready. You my think how do I know, well...I am one :biggrin They used to tan many hides years ago but now it's only reseverd for the naughty childrens saddle so the horses are missing out. I blame the model T Ford but it's cosy and keeps your liquid warm. Does that paint a better picture :beer:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I wonder what happened to the other 25 Ford models?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

My next best idea was a system of mirrors and light wells on the roof to "duct" free sunlight in from all angles to make a natural tanning bed, the mirrors can be controlled like the mirrors tracking stars in a radio telescope, can't be that hard to jury-rig something.
A few years ago overheard at Clacton - crimson shaded lass on the hottest day of the year proclaimed how much money she'd saved that day at the tanning shop as it was doing sessions with 25% off....
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Have you been hit with a rhythm stick?

If so, you could make a personal Ian Dury claim.

Text "1d1ot" to 55151 today!
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I just reported Pavlov and Schrödinger to the RSPCA.