*** THREAD HIJACK ***

General Biker Banter
VTRDark

*** THREAD HIJACK ***

Post by VTRDark »

This is a Thread Hijack Thread

Use at Your Own Will

If in a thread and you wish to go off topic and start chatting willy nilly, why not say to whoever "shall we move to the hijack thread", "Speak to you in thread hijack" or just call out "Thread Hijack". Here is the place to go, chat away, and when finished go back to your previous thread.

We are all guilty of it at times and it's OK, I'm not talking banter, wind up's etc that's what we do :plainsmile but sometimes threads can go way off topic and turn into pages of nonsense. This is not only not fair to the person who started the thread....well, 9 times out of ten it's acceptable when you know the OP. Second...and what I feel is more important, is that is makes it difficult when searching or reading through older threads for info relevant to the topic. It kind of makes our library of info less usable as a reference. One soon gets fed up skimming through pages in threads looking for relevant content.

Basically anything goes here. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
VTRDark

Re: *** THREAD HIJACK ***

Post by VTRDark »

Now where's Virt. :lol: :lol:

So who thinks this is a good idea?

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Very good idea Carl .
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

It's very foggy this morning & the fog horns have woken me...

:hijacked:

No that's a good idea, lets see how long it doesn't last... :Oops:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Virt

Post by Virt »

So this is my new home? Kinda bland. We can change that :P

Sent from my GT-I9505, written in ASCII using an even parity bit and spoofing the IP of the White House
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
geodude

Post by geodude »

I think its a terrible idea. One of the many things I love about this forum is that its nothing like other forums. The freedom to flow in and off topic makes it special imo.

If it's an important topic then the OP can make sure all pertinent areas are covered in the first post of the thread.

Having to think "I better not post that here because its off-topic" is limiting ones freedom and "I best post that in another thread" is limiting ones spontaneity.

Just my thoughts.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
chric

Post by chric »

No hijack place dont fix whats not broken
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

I went off topic years ago. far too sweet I thought, plain choc bounty anyday. Or Green and Blacks of any persuasion. Anyone tried that Monetzuma Lime and Chilli? - it's super stuff :D
Bananaman

Post by Bananaman »

BigVeeGrin wrote: Anyone tried that Monetzuma Lime and Chilli? - it's super stuff :D
' Monetzuma' is that that new french impressionist chocolate?
:Toilet1: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
Four wheels move the body,
Two wheels move the soul.
geodude

Post by geodude »

BigVeeGrin wrote:I went off topic years ago. far too sweet I thought, plain choc bounty anyday. Or Green and Blacks of any persuasion. Anyone tried that Monetzuma Lime and Chilli? - it's super stuff :D
Monetzuma Lime and Chilli you say. I like the sound of that :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

geodude wrote:I think its a terrible idea. One of the many things I love about this forum is that its nothing like other forums. The freedom to flow in and off topic makes it special imo.

If it's an important topic then the OP can make sure all pertinent areas are covered in the first post of the thread.

Having to think "I better not post that here because its off-topic" is limiting ones freedom and "I best post that in another thread" is limiting ones spontaneity.

Just my thoughts.

same.......I cant see how it would work and still be funny and spontainious
AMcQ
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

geodude wrote:
Monetzuma Lime and Chilli you say. I like the sound of that :thumbup:

try it - it kicks, then heats up slowly. It is totally gorgeous this MONTEZUMA choc
VTRwannabe! wrote: ' Monetzuma' is that that new french impressionist chocolate?
:Toilet1: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:
:lol: boom tish bang
geodude

Post by geodude »

NOTE: This is not a dig at you in any way shape or form carl. I still love you and what you bring to the forum. :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

No worries George it was just an idea. Everyone has their own opinion and I agree with what your saying to a point, hence the reason I said I'm not talking banter, wind up's etc that's what we do. But sometimes this can lead to pages and pages in a thread going way off topic, so when new members or whoever go searching for info, one has to skim through pages to find info that is relevant.

Oh well, the option is there if anyone wants somewhere to go and just waffle whatever. It might take off, it might not. :thumbup:

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

perhaps when someone is selling an item in the sales section, its a pain when things go off topic, and yes i mean you young master virt... :Banned:
but through out the rest of the forum, its all part of the ebb and flow of our great forum.... :thumbup:
for me personally its a no, leave it as it is, if your topic is hijacked, and your not happy about it, then politely say, STOP HIJACKING MY FERKING THREAD... :Argue 1:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!