Big bikes, granny riders.

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Big bikes, granny riders.

Post by StormingHonda »

Is there a trend these days of people buying big powerful bike's throwing loads of money at them and then riding them like a granny?. I am certainly not the worlds best rider by a screaming long shot, nor the fastest, but I do use my bikes for what they are meant for.

I saw some guy ( or heard him first ) on a black storm this morning and thought ah he wants to play, he kept up with me on the back road but when we got on big road I usually use he's headlight disappeared???.

Why don't some of these people buy a 600 sports bike, they would still be more than they could handle.
agentpineapple

Re: Big bikes, granny riders.

Post by agentpineapple »

personal choice mate, he or she can buy and use what they want and use it how they want, I still don't understand Harley riders, but that's a different subject....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

agentpineapple wrote:personal choice mate, he or she can buy and use what they want and use it how they want, I still don't understand Harley riders, but that's a different subject....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh no, no, no.....thats correct its hes/her choice to buy what they like, but it doesnt make them any less of a granny doing so :lol:

As for the Harley, I'm pretty sure my sportster would have made this guy look stupid, and some of the other litre riding numpties I see.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I personally don't do enough riding in the twisty's, mainly because living in central London, I have to ride for more than 30mins to find some half decent lanes, most of my riding is fast a-roads or going thru London, which means i'm fairly slow in the country lanes, I still have a big smile on my face when I finish tho.... :mrgreen:
for example returning from jamies workshop day, I didn't hang around on the A12 (I got a slap on the wrist from carl for that....hahaha)
having said that, the more I ride in the lanes, the better I get, practice makes perfect and all that.... :wink:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Oh no I'm not talking about that, I am the same fast A roads and stuff, what I am talking about are these people that buy a litre bike and sit in the left lane on the motorway doing 50 with cars overtaking them.
gl_s_r

Post by gl_s_r »

Maybe they decided it's better to plod effortlessly along at 2,000 RPM on a litre bike than 9,000 RPM on a 250?

Mind you people being tight as they are nowadays it's probably to save fuel.... ??
Why ask... sometime you just go to do it and find out?
adewhitmarsh

Post by adewhitmarsh »

I find most unexperienced riders can't go round corners or slam the brakes on half way round a bend.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

People get different rewards from motorcycling, some people want to ride quickly for the thrill and adrenaline, but some people are more interested in having nice machinery to look after etc.

What ever floats your boat I guess.

A 600cc sports bike would be quicker than a Storm in theory.
Jamie :wave:
Watty

Post by Watty »

Jamoi wrote:People get different rewards from motorcycling, some people want to ride quickly for the thrill and adrenaline, but some people are more interested in having nice machinery to look after etc.

+1 Jamie :thumbup: . Ade, most experienced riders wouldn't be slamming their brakes on half way round a corner :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Jamoi wrote:People get different rewards from motorcycling, some people want to ride quickly for the thrill and adrenaline, but some people are more interested in having nice machinery to look after etc.

my mates ZX6 is quicker then my storm, but not on point and squirt stuff, he needs to keep it spinning up in the twists, he loves the grunt of my Storm but says it "Feels like its going to self distruct" every time he twists the throttle. He likes it smooth and likes top end rush. personally i hate his ZX6 it seems to take ages to do anything!!! then all hell breaks loose and it goes all waggly, not my cup of tea.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I feel the same when I see bike and scooter riders in central London, sitting in a line of traffic when theres a big gap to filter... :roll:
to me the reason for riding a bike in London would be so I can filter and save time on my journey, why by a bike and do anything else... :crazy:
the bottom line is each to their own.
personally I just love being on two wheels, I love the fact that I can overtake almost anything at the twist of a wrist... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Or ride into the back of it in macs case !! .
When ever I come up behind another biker down the lanes I always look at their rear tyre chicken strips to see if they will stand it up on the bends .
If they have over an inch I leave plenty of room and expects hem to stand it up , I will find a safe place to pass them on one wheel :-) .
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Or ride into the back of it in macs case !! .
When ever I come up behind another biker down the lanes I always look at their rear tyre chicken strips to see if they will stand it up on the bends .
If they have over an inch I leave plenty of room and expects hem to stand it up , I will find a safe place to pass them on one wheel :-) .
Hey thats what i do,( not the one wheel though) i did get my eyes opened once though after checking this guys tyres out at the lights, every bend he had his knee down, he was hanging off it like a chimp and holding the bike up. He was very fast and climbing all over the bike. it was a Honda 400 thing, single sider etc but he ragged the butt of it. i only had him on a straight. I did give him the thumbs up. :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Yep them 400 can shift in the bends .
My cbr400rr tri arm was the best handling bike I've ever ridden .
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

lloydie wrote:Yep them 400 can shift in the bends .
My cbr400rr tri arm was the best handling bike I've ever ridden .
That was it a "Tri arm" he really was quite amazing, the bike looked small, but wow did it sound good too. White wheels too and the SS looked great. Imports only i imagine.