benny's bench meet

General Biker Banter
agentpineapple

benny's bench meet

Post by agentpineapple »

i know this should be in the meets section. but I thought more people would see it here, if admin wants to move it, that's fine by me.

as some of you will know, it's almost a year since we sadly lost our friend martin (benny hedges)
this coming Saturday around midday, a group of us are going to pay our respects to martin/benny at his picnic table in wales.
if anyone wants to meet us there on the day, you are all welcome, the more the merrier.
here is the address of the campsite.
Wyeside Caravan ParkRhayaderPowysLD6 5LB
http://www.wyesidecamping.co.uk/home.html
i'm not sure if any forum members are camping there next weekend, if you are, let us know so we can meet up, will will be going for a rideout afterwards, and your welcome to join us.
personally I haven't had the chance to visit the campsite yet, I would like to share a pint with benny and say my goodbyes.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
darkember

Re: benny's bench meet

Post by darkember »

If I'm not working I''ll be there for 12:00.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

I'll see you there Marty :thumbup:
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

Hi Marty,i would love to go to that and Brands Sunday, but i have access to our new House so will be cleaning and removing Furniture all weekend.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:Hi Marty,i would love to go to that and Brands Sunday, but i have access to our new House so will be cleaning and removing Furniture all weekend.
Think your dates are a bit screwy BTT.

If I've read that correctly Martys is referring to next weekend the 19th of July.
The next date for Brands is 10th August.

I could be wrong but Marty has just said ''This coming Saturday...''

Scrub that Just seen the ref to the BSB meet next Sat...Your dates are't screwy my brain is... :oops: :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

MacV2 wrote:
bigtwinthing wrote:Hi Marty,i would love to go to that and Brands Sunday, but i have access to our new House so will be cleaning and removing Furniture all weekend.

If I've read that correctly Martys is referring to next weekend the 19th of July.

Scrub that Just seen the ref to the BSB meet next Sat...Your dates are't screwy my brain is... :oops: :lol: :lol:

aaaargh iam even more confused now!!! where am i going and when!!!
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

If my bike is back in one piece by then I quite fancy a loop through Wales :thumbup:
It's a good distance from me as well, will be nice to get there and have a rest!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

for all of you that can make it, I look forward to seeing you on Saturday........ :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I will be with you in spirit, but on a Greek island in reality.

and remember we will be back there of the Op storm 4 later this year
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

bigtwinthing wrote:
MacV2 wrote:

aaaargh iam even more confused now!!! where am i going and when!!!
:lol: :lol: Sorry BTT I had it mixed up with the Thunderbikes meet at Brands 9/10 Aug. you were talking about the BSB meet which is next Sat 19th & 20th.

Next weekend you are going to your new house to move furniture. I'm not planning anything, Tony is going to Brands & Marty is going to Wales.

Blame Marty for his vague ''This coming Saturday...'' comment... :lol: :lol:

My brain is un-fuzzy now is yours ?
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

It was bolloxed before, now its beyond anything but medical science!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

AMCQ46 wrote:I will be with you in spirit, but on a Greek island in reality.

and remember we will be back there of the Op storm 4 later this year
I know you would have been there if it wasn't for being on holiday mate...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

What time will you be at Rhayader from/till, me and cheekyads might well head down and meet you :thumbup: :thumbup:
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

cheekykev wrote:What time will you be at Rhayader from/till, me and cheekyads might well head down and meet you :thumbup: :thumbup:
we should be there between 12 and 12.30 mate, not sure how long we'll be staying for, we'll take some pictures and I think one or two guys want to say a few words, it would be great if you can make it, and let me know if you want to say anything... :thumbup:
we will be going for a ride out afterwards as well, ending up at tracy's aka anotherbikerbabe house for a bbq... :biggrin
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Anotherbikerbabe

Re: Benny's bench meet UPDATE!! Ride & BBQ

Post by Anotherbikerbabe »

Hi guys and gals,

A few of us are having a weekend of it at our place as Yeti is taking his bike to the track at Pembrey so a few of the London guys are tagging along, Jamie, Marty and Playerone is coming too.. There will be around 10 of us or slightly more and I'm sorry I've not caught up with all the goings on from here sooner, been ultra busy, been to Assen for both WSBK & MotoGP and I am sorry if I neglected my duty as a good member! :oops: :oops: :oops: :angel: :angel: :angel:

I read somewhere on FB that a few guys from this forum are camping there this coming weekend 18th/19th?
My question is, are you? and if so, how many?

We live around 50 miles max from camp and we are expecting the majority of the guys landing Fri tea time onwards. Jamie, yeti Marty,Cybercarl & Playerone, some others are coming from Barnsley and guy is travelling from L'pool, Steve Kay is coming along on Sat after work So, if anyone wants to pop over for a coffee and a catch up banter Friday tea time with the guys, all welcome over. Pm me for address as it literally maybe 2/3 roads all the way down some of the best roads.

Saturday 19th : ride out taking in some of the best roads, over Brecon to Terrys for a coffee stop & tie up with Marky spooky and Shaun Westaway. Then onwards up over Builth and stop off at Crossgates Biker Cafe and head back for a BBQ all way back down the A483, I love that road me :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Get back and light the BBQ. BBQ from 3pm until late I imagine!

Sunday 20th: Leave in morning for Track Day for Yeti, (I'm just waiting on his race times as not sure) so we're all headed to Pembrey track, it's around 15-16 miles from us (just past llanelli) and then everyone is going home from there. I think it's free to watch the racing.

If any of you visiting the camp site fancy a poodle down to us, we are half a tank at most away, and you'r welcome ..SA18 1 mile out of Ammanford, one road to llandovery, just about. 16 miles to Llandovery.

Here is our route we are taking on the day anyway, by all means shout up, let me or Mary know, as marty says, we're all happy to have anyone along on the day, even if you are camping, come on over join us for a ride and our BBQ ( unless there are literally like 20 of yous & we run out of food! ha ha )
Map should work ok but tell me if it's doesn't!
https://goo.gl/maps/T7Xom

We'll be calling in on Benny as we planned our route around it especially what with it being a yr almost to the day, so we can all pay our respects etc.
Cheers guys
ABB & Dave
:beer: :beer: :beer:
Last edited by Anotherbikerbabe on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silly boys...Women do have balls....We just wear them higher up!