35%
NO
65%

Total votes: 31

sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Scotland Yes or No?

Post by sirch345 »

I would have vote NO if I was voting. To me we need to stick together (as Stormin says) and get this Country back on it's feet. How does it go again, "United we stand, Divided we fall" IMO.
StormingHonda wrote:I voted no.

I can see why the Scots would want independence, it is tempting, having their own country. However we forget why we forged an alliance in the first place, hundreds of years of fighting and bickering over pride, bullsh*t and land, then we came together as a nation fought together, defeated tyranny and made an empire together we as the British nation may have our difference, but together we have achieved so much to be proud of, this includes the Welsh and northern island, we have an identity in the world that is both admired and hated, but it is our identity.

The world is becoming smaller and we as a nation need to stand together more than ever to keep our place at the various tables of power, O.K the political parties leave a lot to be desired, but so will Scotlands native parties as time moves on.

I really hate how this debate has turned bitter and nasty in the real world, because it isn't helping the people of Scotland decide on facts, but on whats in their hearts.

I think Britain and Scotland will both suffer in the event of a split, and a divorce is going to be very, VERY painful.
Very well put Stormin,

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I'm another big No vote.
Scotland, on it's own, would be a very small weak nation and have very little standing in the EU ( if they let you in)
I'm loving how very involved everyone in Scotland is getting but I really think if they were this involved with their local government campaigns they could achieve just as much and still have the umbrella of being part of the British Isles.
You don't need independence to have a Scotland run by Scotland, everything is in place now and just needs to be implemented and supported.
Keep the best bits of being part of the UK and keep your individuality too. No brainer in my view :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Never mind all that.
The question is, if Scotland goes independent, will their petrol be cheaper, as they'll have lots of North Sea Oil?

It'll be a good holiday destination if so, well, to be fairer, even better than it already is.

Bugger Bognor, Burn Bannock Petrol!

There's something fishy about Salmond, can't quite think what makes me feel that...... :think:

As long as we don't get Scottish Nationalists behaving the way the Basque Separatists have ended up.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Some good honest thoughts in this thread guys.

Thanks for your input!

Tomorrow is going to be a very long uncertain day.

Wish us luck!

Jazz
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

sorry jazzscot but i don`t think luck has anything to do with it

and i do like what sirch put

"United we stand, Divided we fall"
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I can almost feel the tension now Jazz. All the best in making the right choice, it can't be easy,

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I could have sworn I posted here last night. Anyway good luck with your decision making Jazza. :thumbup: I'm sure this thread helped, there's been some very interesting points of view. For once I have stayed out of this discussion as I don't know which way to go. Yes or no. Does one use their heart or their brain. :Shrug:

I'm off up to Alloa tomorrow for a family wedding over the weekend. Should be some interesting discussions going on politically. Apparently they are all pro Scotland. I may have to have a wind up with them after a wee few drams :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good luck Scotland

Stuck in japan this week so will wake tomorrow and see what the result is... It's going to be frighteningly close, and now every nationality I bump into wants to talk about the potential impact to the uk
AMcQ
Watty

Post by Watty »

Good luck Scotland, whatever the outcome hope it's a positive one :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Watty wrote:Good luck Scotland, whatever the outcome hope it's a positive one :thumbup:
+1
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I know the Catalans are following this very closely, but I doubt spain will ever let them become independent. I think scots will vote with their hearts, and that will mean independence, but over time they'll realise it was a mistake.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

agentpineapple wrote:I know the Catalans are following this very closely, but I doubt spain will ever let them become independent. I think scots will vote with their hearts, and that will mean independence, but over time they'll realise it was a mistake.
I think no will win, but only just :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

Poll now closed.

Its a waiting game now!
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

I dont know about you, but I think either way this has been a very negative and nasty affair on both sides, I have watched with disgust at how the Yes camp seem to try and intimidate, bully and threaten people who they think are putting them in a negative light or are going to vote no.

I think either way if the vote is as close as predicted people are waking up to a very divided country.

I am afraid David Cameron and Alex salmond have opened up a big can of worms with this, this could cause limp wristed Cameron his job.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

StormingHonda wrote:this could cause limp wristed Cameron his job.

that would the best outcome :D
AMcQ