65%

Total votes: 31

Strathern

Re: Scotland Yes or No?

Post by Strathern »

vtrjames

Post by vtrjames »

i seen this video, wtf is that woman doing? gets you thinking a bit, but it is the internet cant be sure its real. I know there were a few yes folk who voted no in the end. there was a quite a few farmers who had no signs in their fields.Aberdeenshire i think was about 55% no. funny its a no and the uk is likely going back to the middle east at some point soon.
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

I reckon it will be a no vote

But the percentage that lose will say that it was rigged and they are not going to give up

They will also be vindictive against the big business that they reckon influenced the no vote

May not happen but I reckon it will
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

iirc they counted them about 3 times before they decided George bush junior was best man for president :roll:

would,nt surprise me if it was fiddled. mr Cameron was very keen for them to stay in the uk.
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Why didn't the folk videoing it at the counting office raise their concerns at the time with the Counting Officer?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... -petitions
On Twitter and YouTube, in blog posts and Facebook groups, sceptics have been amassing what they believe is evidence that the referendum was rigged, and its result, therefore, illegitimate.

Many refer to a snippet of video in which a counting officer at the Dundee polling station appears to lift votes from a yes pile and place them under no.

For many, the fire alarms that caused the brief evacuation of the Dundee count, and the fact that a Russian observer from a pro-Kremlin monitoring agency had claimed the ballot was fixed to avoid parallels to the situation in Crimea, were taken as further causes for suspicion.

Jim Sillars, the former deputy leader of the Scottish National party (SNP), used Twitter to distribute a video entitled “Exposed!” and call for an inquiry.
There was a faintly exasperated air at the office of the chief counting officer in Edinburgh over the rumours which, according to one observer, had “grown arms and legs” over the weekend.

All of the apparently suspicious evidence could be easily explained, said a spokeswoman, pointing out that the yes campaign itself had intervened on Twitter on Thursday night to reassure voters that there was nothing awry with the Dundee footage.

At times, uncounted ballots would be placed on tables that had yes or no signs attached before being sorted, she said. And piles that didn’t reach round numbers of 50 or 100 would be wrapped in a piece of paper on which the total number of votes would be written, explaining the Edinburgh footage.

In a statement, the chief counting officer, Mary Pitcaithly, said she was “satisfied that all counts throughout Scotland were properly conducted and scrutinised by thousands of people representing both the Yes Scotland and the Better Together campaigns, as well as international election observers, media and police. None of these people raised any concerns during the verification, counting and adjudication stages.”

Salmond may have claimed over the weekend that no voters were “gulled” and “tricked” into rejecting independence, but a spokesman said that neither he nor the SNP believed there was anything untoward about the count itself.

But passions, and suspicions, have been running high among some in Scotland for months, making the questioning of the poll perhaps unsurprising.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I'm surprised they still use people to count votes. Surly in this day and age a machine would be quicker and more reliable :think: Well as reliable as the person who programmed it.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Virt

Post by Virt »

cybercarl wrote:I'm surprised they still use people to count votes. Surly in this day and age a machine would be quicker and more reliable :think: Well as reliable as the person who programmed it.

(:-})
Sure. Write it in PERL, not only will it be unreadable to everyone but you and your chosen deity, you could rig a vote/change the logs/code whatever during/afterwards and it would be hard to track..

Programming is an easier solution to the actual counting, but until we can vote online it's no better or worse overall

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Back in 1973, residents of sparsely-populated North Scarfolk wrote to Father Christmas and asked if they could have independence. The North Scarfolkians had long felt that South Scarfolk had taken advantage of their natural resources - seashells - which they painted with pretty colours and glued together to make funny little characters and animals. These novelty items were valued as far afield as Wales.

Scarfolk Council eventually acquiesced. It granted North Scarfolk its independence and made it a gift of an unassailable, wall-shaped monument to celebrate its new-found sovereignty. The 'Unity Wall', as the south preferred to call it, also provided protection and comfort: The council was worried that North Scarfolkians might inadvertently fall off cliffs into the sea, so it made sure that the wall completely surrounded North Scarfolk. Positioned along its length were armed 'monument curators and attendants' who protected the wall for the North Scarfolkians and made sure they didn't accidentally wander out.

Occasionally, a few bad-mannered people from the North, who did not appreciate this artistic symbol of harmony, tried to spoil it for everyone else by attacking the wall, and the curators were forced to benevolently shoot these people for the sake of peace and brotherly understanding.

But on the whole, Scarfolk Council found North Scarfolk to be both amicable and manageable, so much so that it sent all its criminals to live there, presumably so that they could learn from their virtuous neighbours.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Auto Sol

Post by Auto Sol »

The Scottish National party is poised to become one of the largest in the UK after Scotland’s pro-independence parties saw a surge in membership after last week’s referendum.

As evidence emerged of the extent of the Labour no campaign’s referendum defeat in Glasgow, the SNP announced on Monday that its membership had jumped by 70% in four days. More than 18,000 people joined the party since Thursday, lifting its overall membership to a record level of 43,644.

Peter Murrell, the party’s chief executive, tweeted that this put the SNP on course to overtake the Lib Dems’ total membership to make the SNP the UK’s third largest party, outstripping the UK Independence party’s 35,000 figure on the way.

It ain't over till its over , it's only half time !!!
Never trust Atoms they make up everything
Strathern

Post by Strathern »

It's only a matter of time before there is another referendum.

I've spoken to loads of folk who have finally came out and said they voted no and they are already regretting their choice. They have finally seen the lies that were told with Milliband now saying the NHS needs saved whereas last week it was fine. Then there's the new conditions imposed that come with new powers.

It's a real disappointment that there was a no vote. We had a real chance to try and make a difference.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

Personally spoken to a load Scots who are relieved with a no vote.

I think a YES vote to erect a medieval border wouldn't benefit anyone, however I think Scotland, England, Wales and NI should get independent parliaments with a national parliament, we simply shouldn't be interfering with local issues on each other, if people in Scotland think they would get devo max overnight then they are mistaken, I don't think even those idiots in parliament would be stupid enough to go back on their word, but I believe they haven't thought it out and are now thinking it out to make it a reality.

As for the voting rigging I seriously doubt it happened, but then Labour have been known to pull some stunts, personally I think a NO vote still would have happened and but by a smaller margin, and everyone always expected the losers to cry fowl.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Well at least we now know what the "P" stands for in SNP

..... Unless it's "pervert" :think:

A Finance minister who can't count to 18....really?

(that should get a response) :Banned:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

What is going on in their heads FFS? Couldn't Grinder give him what he wanted?
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

I am utterly surprised at the lack of piss taking that this should bring.
He should be prosecuted for grooming, thrown out of all professional bodies and investigated for any other activities of similar nature.
He is the lowest of the low, but then his former leader has set the standard with his inappropriate nature towards women. The Slug investigations have gone quiet for the time being.
I bet Sturgeon knew all about it.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

What an utter disgrace,

Chris.