Pneumonia, cancer in the family, new Job and now single!!

General Biker Banter
geodude

Pneumonia, cancer in the family, new Job and now single!!

Post by geodude »

A bit of a life up date which might explain my absence over the past few months.

As you probably know, I recently contracted pneumonia which prevented me from riding in the London 2 Brighton off-road event. I was gutted. I did pull my ass out of bed and drove my mate to the start, met him at each stop and then drove him home so at least it felt like I was part of it.

I also captain a volleyball team at work. This year I focussed on improving the team (previously it was just for fun) by being much more organised. At the start of the season, I set a target of finishing 5th in the league. Not only did we exceed the target by finishing 4th, we won the Cup!!

We also play each year in a local volleyball competition. This year I put a team together and was planning to captain it. The team finished 4th in that too.

I couldn't play in either of them (cup final and competition) because of pneumonia so that was three things I love doing being impacted by this poxy pneumonia!!! GRRR!!!

But the worse thing at the moment is my brother was diagnosed with oesophageal cancer 6 months ago (just before the ride outs started) and is now in a really bad way. He probably has months and dealing with it is pretty sh1t to be honest. I have come to terms with it now hence being able to post about it, but it's still sh1t!

But on a positive note:
As much as I have really enjoyed working for the national mapping agency for the last 6 years, which is a fantastic place to work btw, I have secured a more lucrative position for a global web hosting company and can wait to get started.

My international background check just cleared so I can finally tell people its official. Just as well as I resigned 2 weeks ago!!

Anyways, things are looking up in geo household. I believe 2015 is going to be a great year!!

So after all that, I'm back......sort of. Just need to replace the Tuono :thumbup:
Last edited by geodude on Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
“He who rides fastest, rides alone!"
YouTube Website Facebook Bike accessories
Watty

Re: Pneumonia, cancer in the family, and got a new Job!!

Post by Watty »

Good news and bad news all in one mate, all the best for the future to you, your brother and family.
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
geodude

Post by geodude »

Watty wrote:Good news and bad news all in one mate, all the best for the future to you, your brother and family.
Thanks Watty :thumbup:
“Only by constantly developing your insight and knowledge can you fulfil your responsibility to ride safely and effectively”
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

sorry to hear about that condition. Great news about the Job. All the best for the future, and when you get another bike teach me to wheelie pls. :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Watty wrote:Good news and bad news all in one mate, all the best for the future to you, your brother and family.
Says it all :thumbup:
Best of luck two you all
Flatline

Post by Flatline »

Glad you're back buddy
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

all the best to you all Geo, there's some years that are just better being forgotten. Once you get your new wheels all will be better.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

All the best geo :thumbup: we're always around if needed :thumbup:
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Tough times Geo, sorry to hear about your brother, I hope you get to spend as much time as possible with him.

Congrats on the new job though, and good luck :D
geodude

Post by geodude »

bigtwinthing wrote:sorry to hear about that condition. Great news about the Job. All the best for the future, and when you get another bike teach me to wheelie pls. :lol:
Cheers :thumbup:

Will probably need to teach myself again first!! lol
geodude

Post by geodude »

lloydie wrote:Best of luck two you all
Thanks lloyd :thumbup:
Flatline wrote:Glad you're back buddy
Feels good to be back 8)
grumpyfrog wrote:all the best to you all Geo, there's some years that are just better being forgotten. Once you get your new wheels all will be better.
Very true that! Cheers :cool2
geodude

Post by geodude »

Ckennedy wrote:All the best geo :thumbup: we're always around if needed :thumbup:
Nice one Chris. :thumbup:
geodude

Post by geodude »

Miztaziggy wrote:Tough times Geo, sorry to hear about your brother, I hope you get to spend as much time as possible with him.

Congrats on the new job though, and good luck :D
Yeah, it is a bit. Just spoke to him I have a cold at the moment so can't go to see him :cry:

As for the job, really looking forward to the new challenge :thumbup:

Thanks ziggy. Hope to catch up at some point next year :thumbup:
adyf

Post by adyf »

Really sorry buddy,life sucks sometimes ,do all the things you always wanted to do,good luck mate .
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm sorry to hear about all the turmoil that has been going on in your life George, especially the part about your Brother.

All the best with the new job, and good luck with 2005 being a better year for you and your family,

Chris.