What have you got planned for your bike this winter?

General Biker Banter
Jamoi

What have you got planned for your bike this winter?

Post by Jamoi »

Always interested to hear of everyone's plans for their bikes over winter, some of you might be embarking on a transformation and others a simple service and re greasing...

I'm sorting out a few little jobs on the black bike, rewiring my heated grips after the throttle wires snapped off and fitting a Mosfet R/R and motobatt battery.

Smokin' Joe (Or Hogthrob), is being returned to a useable road bike, with clipons, Smokin' Joe bodywork and a general tidy up! I've rewired the standard clocks and front light in, fitted the original bodywork and seat (a bigger job than it sounds...).

Both bikes have had valve clearances, oil, filters, plugs etc changed recently, so it's basically a "clean up operation" after a crazy summer :lol:

So, what you got planned?
Jamie :wave:
Ckennedy

Re: What have you got planned for your bike this winter?

Post by Ckennedy »

On the T I am getting the rear shock serviced and re sprung, New springs and oil in the forks, rear linkages greased, New rear sets, racing clip ons, try to route all the cables to the bars right so nothing rubs, repair and paint some old damaged track fairings, depending on if I won the raffle......a big bore kit :devil: professional suspension set up, oil filter cover seal, probably a service. Can't think of anything else at the mo but I'm sure something else will turn up....

Oh yeah replace 2 of the crash bungs which I have laying round and also change the cracking bobbins
Virt

Post by Virt »

Riding it, unless I can get a bloody garage sorted soon!

In which case; stripping it down, fitting an extra long stack in the airbox, fixing the leak in my downpipes and probably greasing stuff. She'll probably get a new chain/sprockets too and whatever else I can find that looks like it needs doing..

I'll also then begin stripping down my trackbike and replacing all the cables, brakes, fairings and fit a new exhaust system as I threw the existing one away (terrible condition!!)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
chric

Post by chric »

wash it wax it rev it up behind garage thats as good as it gets
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Kermit's getting a good clean service as it ain't had one since before the stag run then stored away .

Piggy is getting built for spring tho I may need to borrow a few bits off kermit for a while .
Firstly getting the engine finished with the hi comp pistons and ported heads hi lift cams and lightened flywheel .
Then it'll be get the swing arm welded and painted also with new bearings and seals .
Then I'll build it all you and run the engine in before its off to Dyno for set up.
Then it's painting time for the bodywork and wheels that's once the wheels have been straightened that is .
Fit the power ones to the wheels .
Daytime mot and tax it and it'll be ready
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Since I got the bike in august been doing bits and pieces in between enjoying ride outs.
Main things for me, swing arm, pivot greasing, front brake caliper service, brake pipes,
Voltage r/r mod,
RH fairing respray, replace VTR stickers
Maybe strip carbs down

Feb/march , rear wheel powdered and new tyre, chain/ sprockets/cush drive, rear wheel bearings
Oil/filter change
Coolant change
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

Here is my list:

- stripping the set of carbs now sporting the Factory Pro HDJ needle jets and 1.7 jet kit; removing all unnecessary brackets, replacing all fasteners with Ti and ditching the stock steel side plates in favour of carbon units. Will also need to guesstimate a jetting starting point for the new set-up...

- fit Dymag (07+ CBR600RR) wheels (and CMC front rotors); front should be relatively straightforward (triples are also from a 07+ CBR600RR), though the rear will require some work (different axle size, who knows about spacers......). Will give the front caliper pistons a good cleaning too while I am in there to change the pads for the CMCs...

- fix taillight mount (those lovely f***in' plastic tabs in the rear cowl are busted again!!!!! junk!); I will look at mounting the taillight directly to the subframe (makes some aluminum brackets), it couldn't possibly be flimsier than the stock set-up......

- install LED voltage monitor in instrument cluster (give me a heads up next time something (aka stator or rectifier) runs afoul)

- remove shock and have it rebuilt (will take advantage of shock removal to disassemble and re-grease suspension linkage, as well as replace lone remaining steel linkage bolt with Ti)

Likely find a few other minor odds and ends but that should just about do it......
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:Kermit's getting a good clean service as it ain't had one since before the stag run then stored away .

Piggy is getting built for spring tho I may need to borrow a few bits off kermit for a while .
Firstly getting the engine finished with the hi comp pistons and ported heads hi lift cams and lightened flywheel .
Then it'll be get the swing arm welded and painted also with new bearings and seals .
Then I'll build it all you and run the engine in before its off to Dyno for set up.
Then it's painting time for the bodywork and wheels that's once the wheels have been straightened that is .
What happened to taking a year off riding :?
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I need to fix a few little niggles on the pineapple express before it's relocation to spain in the new year, I will deffo need to fit a new rear tyre, can't complain as the last one did 4k, not bad for a supersport tyre with a fat git clambering all over it.
the mac made exhaust linkpipe/rearset bracket needs a minor adjustment, the carbs could do with a final bit of tinkering as well.
oh and I need to re-fit a braided rear brake line.
as I said, nothing major.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Got to get the brace swing arm done, also refit the Ti race system and get the rear wheel straightened.

Lloydie, I have a front and a rear to take down to Motoliner in Kent and will be able to drop them off at the sister in laws when I visit on Boxing Day... So if you want to add your to the collection it will save you postage.
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Watty wrote:
lloydie wrote:Kermit's getting a good clean service as it ain't had one since before the stag run then stored away .

What happened to taking a year off riding :?
that went out the window as fast as the holiday did :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

AMCQ46 wrote:Got to get the brace swing arm done, also refit the Ti race system and get the rear wheel straightened.

Lloydie, I have a front and a rear to take down to Motoliner in Kent and will be able to drop them off at the sister in laws when I visit on Boxing Day... So if you want to add your to the collection it will save you postage.
sounds good ill get saving but itll only be the front for now :thumbup:
thomas111

Post by thomas111 »

Well I will be replacing the stock exhaust for after market high level art cans got a full bellypan to fix and paint and rear sets to fit then engine covers once their made then next year it will get the service and mcct fitted
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Nothing...it's winter and will be too cold and wet to work on the bike. The only thing it will get is a wash and wax more often as the wet muddy weather riding makes a mess.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Ck, you're putting clipons and fairing on the Tuono? That should transform the ride, is it quite a big job? :thumbup:

Mik, funnily enough I've just repaired the rear light tabs on Smokin Joe and fitted a Volt meter to the black bike :)

Glad you're not taking a year off riding Lloydie :clap:

Thanks for sharing all your plans lads, plenty of pampered bikes this Crimbo :D
Jamie :wave: