Whats cheered you up today...?

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: Whats cheered you up today...?

Post by sirch345 »

Kev L wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:01 pm Met up with some friends for lunch at the Bike shed mcc, Shoreditch. Nice food and bikes. Worth a visit if you’re around that area.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for taking the trouble to post the pic's Kev 8)
fabiostar wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:25 pm A 60 mile spin today on the DD with my daughter brought me the biggest smile iv had in years... i even got told of for being to slow..
That's good :thumbup:
Richard wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:37 am Out on mine. New bars are great, need to ride more, really out of practice and my fooking hands nearly dropped off with cold!!!!! I never could take the cold
Glad you like the new bars :clap:

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

My daughter sent me this. Made me laugh-

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

[quote="Kev L"]Met up with some friends for lunch at the Bike shed mcc, Shoreditch. Nice food and bikes. Worth a visit if you’re around that area.ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Been meaning to check that place out. Will have to remember to go next time I’m around there. There’s a place called Boyds of Bedford (no points for guessing where it’s near) which looks interesting too - they seem to have events on now and again. Anyone been there?

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I’ve not heard of boyds, I’ll check it out :thumbup:
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Kev L wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:51 pm My daughter sent me this. Made me laugh-

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Kev L wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:31 pm The horrible spotty thing is an FT500 which has suffered the attention of an angle grinder and then been sprayed in a colour blindness test pattern. It’s up for sale.....£3750!!!!! :wtf:
I can see a shocked face in the tail unit.....does that mean I'm blind yet.... 8O
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Finally threw in the towel with this sinus infection and took a day off. Watched ‘Speed is my need’ on Netflix - interesting look into the psychology behind racing. Entertaining watch to any with a spare hour and no garage!

Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Basingstoke and back😁. Lovely to be out in the sun even with grit on the road....slippery in the shadows tho'🤔. Doesn't like choke to start so sounds like new starter valves are needed... Took a while to get going in 6 deg.
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Actually managed a ride on the storm,before the Storm😎And this is a new addition to the stable
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Nice looking thing. CRK kit, which lump has it got? :thumbup:
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Kev L wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:04 pm Nice looking thing. CRK kit, which lump has it got? :thumbup:
Its a Sprint 900 lump,dynojet,and about 20 kilos,lighter.So goes very well :biggrin
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

That looks fun. Strangely, very similar to a Triumph special built by the PO of my VTR. It wasnt a Polish guy from Chertsey was it? His was same colour, similar seat, pipes and chainguard. It was also very loud apparently!
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I fancied having a go a one of those kits before I bought the Daytona, I think they’re a nice looking bike. Decided to go for the old school ting in the end though. :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

MaroonMachine wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:23 pm Actually managed a ride on the storm,before the Storm😎And this is a new addition to the stable
I like the look of your new bike too :thumbup:

Chris.
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

Commando77 wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:30 pm That looks fun. Strangely, very similar to a Triumph special built by the PO of my VTR. It wasnt a Polish guy from Chertsey was it? His was same colour, similar seat, pipes and chainguard. It was also very loud apparently!
No mate,I got it locally,from a friend who built it himself,and he has numerous projects on the go.Like the one in this picture.Are you an ex-bootneck? :mrgreen: