WTF!

General Biker Banter
Jazzscot

WTF!

Post by Jazzscot »

This is pretty bad. Does not show us bikers in a very good light!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-31715284

:thumbdown:
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
countrymick

Re: WTF!

Post by countrymick »

tw@ :eek2 that just makes your blood boil as we all get tared with the same brush :evil:
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Bloody hell.
few things that could be pointed out that actually caused the accident, pedestrian crossin when lights turned green, vision blocked by van etc.
BUT, to just get back onto your bike and fec off! unforgivable.
same could be said for everyone else who just drove round them. problem with today is No one gives fec about anyone but themselves.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
adyf

Post by adyf »

Sorry to disagree but bike did nothing wrong ,pedestrian was a wombles numpty,I would of stuck the boot in as well for damaging me bike got what they deserved.and while I'm on ,what is it with wombles push bikes ignoring red lights ,had one yesterday coming towards my transit shoved him into the kerb frigging rock.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the biker was riding to fast for the situation, technically a pedestrian can walk across a green light, as for us road users, green only means proceed when it is safe to do so..... :roll:
chances are the bike was either stolen or the Richard of a rider didn't want to stand around and face the law, as he knew he'd get shafted.
you can't approach traffic lights in a built up area at that sort of speed whilst filtering up the outside and night time...... :crazy:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

the bike moved of from the lights at the same time as the other traffic... id blame the Richard running across the lights :oops:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

fabiostar wrote:the bike moved of from the lights at the same time as the other traffic... id blame the Richard running across the lights :oops:
no way was he pulling away from the lights, not at that speed mate, if he was, he was several car lengths back to have gain the extra speed. plus he was in the right hand turn lane, but he wasn't turning right, not at that speed, so he was using the right hand turn lane to overtake a line of traffic and then cutting back in. I can't defend the biker on this one.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

and the main point is,he cleared off after hitting the pedestrian.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

looks likes ady is in fine fettle today then.... get some Turkey down you sir.

in this case I don't think it matters what caused it, just the aftermath.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
adyf

Post by adyf »

Bless you Stuart you are a caring soul whereas I am a vicious disillusioned old tw@.kill em all its my motto.
Jazzscot

Post by Jazzscot »

countrymick wrote:and the main point is,he cleared off after hitting the pedestrian.

That was the bit I thought was out of order too.

sh1t happens! Its how you deal with it which matters.
Everything good is bad
Everything bad is good
Watty

Post by Watty »

I tend to agree with both Ady and Marty! Pedestrian appeared to actually step onto crossing whilst lights were on red ( although no doubt the pedestrian lights were also on red or pretty close to red ). BUT, the motorcyclist came through the lights too fast and with no caution and certainly hadn't just pulled away from the lights! Also as countrymick points out leaving the scene of an accident is not only illegal it's totally unacceptable and because its a biker we all get tarred the same! As if we don't get enough bad press from non bikers!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Oh well another ped taken out :lol: :lol: I can't blame the biker for speeding off, I would consider it myself accept it's breaking the law leaving the scene of an accident and you will get caught with the amount of cctv around. So as Marty said it could be a stolen bike in which case you get away with it unless the bikes already been reported stolen. Otherwise cover you plate in mud first. :roll:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

if the bike rider was using the turn right lane to go straight on then yes he was indeed a Richard.

if its stolen i hope he dies.

but how many times have you rolled up to lights and they have changed and you just carried on. not much point stopping cause itl be green by the time you get to them.

Richard all round involved then?
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

have to agree the pedestrian started it
the biker ended it
NO one see`s us bikers
maybe panic and shock took over for him to ride off