Garage Raid

General Biker Banter
Duffy1964

Garage Raid

Post by Duffy1964 »

I opened up the Duff cave to get a tape measure this morning and it was light in the garage and I thought I had left the lights on.

It didn't seem right and as I walked inside towards my bench at the end of the garage I found this...............

It doesn't look like anything was taken, but the security light sensor was turned so it won't pick up anybody and the door latch on the side door was a jar.

Looks like they plan to come back, I just hope I catch the scum as I will batter the CNUTS.
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
lloydie

Re: Garage Raid

Post by lloydie »

Fecking fiddler .
They would of been scouting it out to see what bikes and tools you have in there , they will be back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

utter c u n t s!!!!!!!
i'd try booby traps, i'm sure I red that you can rig up something with a shotgun cartridge. maybe large spikes all around the roof.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That's my worry Lloydie I will chain the bikes together and have parked my car against the gates as it wont go down the side access.
I have loads of tools 2 bikes and spares they will have a field day if they come when I am out :thumbdown:

Police have been and given a crime number and had SOCO turn up but said the chances of getting anyone is slim unless they are caught in the act.

I was told not to beat them too much as I will be charged :oops:
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

big hungry arsed dog left inside for a while. or a nice fully charged car battery wired to the lock. ul hear them squeel when they touch it.

or what i have in my cave. a baby monitor wired in. you can hear a pin drop at night and keep a baseball bat handy :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

tossers........... and like you say, the risk is that they will be back
AMcQ
BrianC

Post by BrianC »

This is such a massive problem - one of my other bizarre hobbies is restoring vintage German scooters and I know many classic scooter owners who have been raided with machines lifted over cars !!!!!
I have an alarm sensor in my garage connected to the house alarm and curtains over my windows, security side door etc

I would also feel obliged to extract done retribution !!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Gutted to see this thread Ian. :( :( A big dog is ideal but not really practical for you. I like the baby monitor Idea. If I was you I would get as much of possible into the house. As for the bikes if they are chained up so they can't be nicked then it''s likely they will damage panels or something in an attempt or with a f you spiteful attitude because they can't have them. I think they will be back at a later date. Maybe not this month but as soon as you have done your repairs and now they now how to get in and what's there. You need a more secure lock up mate. How about some old rolling stock. I'm sure you could convert an old carriage.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Sorry to hear of that, you were lucky.
I have been burgled twice, the worst was when I lost 5 bikes and £10,000 worth of NOS.

After that I rigged up some stainless mig wire through plastic pipe, stapled it to the top of the fence posts and ran a lead to the metal roof, then made a battery/indicator relay(x2) and car electronic ignition energiser unit.with an HT feed to the mig wire and roof.

Then told everyone I had wired everything to the mains...lol

I live in a pretty remote area, and there's always the risk of some thief seeing you out for a meal, etc.
Luckily I now have an adjoining neighbour, and both garages face the house on the other side of the private road.

Maybe you should replace the asbestos roof with steel, it makes a helluva noise if tampered with.

Heres how to electrify something.
Battery charger/optimiser to relay1 another to relay2 so when one is off the other is on (optional) to ignition coil(from points ignition car)(or Electronic ignition ) to HT lead towhatever you want energised.
Wire/chicken wire, door/toolbox
Note: this is probably illegal even with visible warning signs.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

Cheers Guys, I have patched the roof for the time being :thumbup:

I like the Dog idea but not practical, the ht coil idea appeals though :lol:

Am going to invest in cctv so at least I can see the CNUTS that did it :twisted:

I have parked my cars to either side of my gates and chained the bikes together and fitted disc locks
I have also ran a chain around my mountain bike and through the struts of the garage side door, so hopefully that will feck em.

I know if they want it bad enough they will still have a go, but I aint gonna male it easy for them :Argue 1:

Thanks for your support and advice gang, what a great forum this is. :thumbup: :Group Hug:
Duffy1964
Watty

Post by Watty »

Scum mate! Research poachers alarm! But use live ammo not a blank!!
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Ckennedy

Post by Ckennedy »

Just beat them to a pulp and hang them out the dry. It's all they deserve. They break the law and try to steal your stuff and you should be able to do what ever you need to to keep it yours. Most people work hard to earn what they have and for someone to think they can walk in and take it and all they get is a slap on the wrist is wrong. Go get em duffers!

Sorry small rant over :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Just beat them to a pulp and hang them out the dry. It's all they deserve. They break the law and try to steal your stuff and you should be able to do what ever you need to to keep it yours.
Quite right :thumbup: Now this is where the US have got things right. I could justify arms in these cases. We should be able to do what we want to protect our own castles with no repercussions whatsoever. It's got to make plods life easier too so they can deal with more important issues, as they don't have to catch the buggers then. And then if/when they catch them, they also don't have to worry about the CPS dishing out pointless punishments and letting them back out on the street only for the cat and mouse style circle to continue again. They must feel like they can't be bothered even chasing them down as what's the point when the punishments are so lean. This is how these morons get away with it. Crime pays more than going straight. :thumbdown:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Utter Utter Barstewards...

Hang up by the testes... Then Invite some mates round & play pass the baseball bat/cricket bat/4x2/iron bar... :x
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Duffy, glad that nothing appears to have been taken, but yes, I also think they might be back. At least you have had the chance to increase your security, which you don't always get. It's an horrible feeling when you find some scum has broken into your property.

One thing IMO is, we have no real deterrent. Plus the policing on the streets is being cut back, this is only making it easier for thieves,

Chris.