Not a Moriwaki. So what's it worth?

General Biker Banter
Kev L

Re: Not a Moriwaki. So what's it worth?

Post by Kev L »

Top quality bike mate, well done
:thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
motocorsaro3

Post by motocorsaro3 »

Thanks! I've now fabricated and welded up the aluminium
brackets for the fairing, so it won't be long before I can do a final fit up and paint it. The biggest problem has been the height of the clip ons. Very little tolerance between fluid reservoirs fouling the upper fairing and controls fouling the fairing sides when steering.
nt1980

Post by nt1980 »

Very nice what you have done just wish i could get to that of finish bet i get bored to quick i had the same issue with two bikes i have done with the 98 forks the first one i used 40m woodcraft clip ons with the three inch rise but the 2.5 would be a better fit the second i have used the dan moto clip ons not as good but they are a lot cheaper hope that helps link to a picture of the woodcraft ones http://vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34736
1998 black vtr (mods cbr900 fork conversion, ohlins rear shock, ohlins steering damper, prolite discs brembo master cylinder, goodridge braided lines, harris rear sets, Quick shifter,Mario Fairing, etc)
motocorsaro3

Post by motocorsaro3 »

Finally, after 14 months off the road, I took it out to get a daytime MOT on it. Still a few bits to do, but you get the general idea..

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I do like it even if the only moriwaki on it is the sticker
motocorsaro3

Post by motocorsaro3 »

Yes, a completely Moriwaki-Free zone. Next to my Superduke R, the top end power is somewhat absent. However, bottom end and mid-range are a genuine surprise. It wheelies off the throttle in second gear,completely unprovoked and builds revs much more quickly. More to the point, gone is the refined and comfy Firestorm feel. It is hard, noisy and more like an old Ducati race bike to ride. It certainly has character now.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

looks great, you should be very pleased with yourself mate..... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looks the dogs nuts :thumbup: nice one
AMcQ
motocorsaro3

Post by motocorsaro3 »

I wouldn't do it again. Just too many one-off jobs achieved in my garage through trial & error, with just hand tools, a TIG welder and an old compressor & spray gun.
countrymick

Post by countrymick »

yep thats stunning.great amount of well thought out enginearing and looks :thumbup: :thumbup:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Just gets better and better :thumbup:

Nicely done sir, glad you've found some time to get her closer to finished :clap:

I just had to go back to the beginning of the post and check out your list of mods, best one I'v seen in quite a while :wink:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
motocorsaro3

Post by motocorsaro3 »

Thanks all. I need to re-visit the list of mods. The seat I ended up using was off my 1995 Aprilia RS250. Been in my garage ever since then. I skimmed it down with an angle grinder and bonded it onto the seat unit. Perfect fit!

I ended up using a 2014 ZX10R throttle assembly, modified to quick action and mated to custom DIY Venhill throttle cables. I had to have the cables exiting above the front brake lever as not enough fairing clearance for the conventional cable exit at the bottom.

The upper fairing stay is from an SP1, cut and extended to fit. That was a real pain to get right. The instrument support/front fairing stay was hand fabricated from ally sheet and box section. No one makes them any more. Another massive pain.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

i'd love to see some more detailed pictures mate.... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
kev64

Post by kev64 »

Its looks ok I suppose :lol: :lol: :lol:
Top job :thumbup:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

real nice looking bike.. as said can you give us perverts of engineering lots of close up shots.. :D
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: