Is it an ANPR or a speed camera or both.

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

Is it an ANPR or a speed camera or both.

Post by StormingHonda »

Was riding home yesterday afternoon coming down the A13 from Rainham to wenningtons when I noticed a large van parked up side of the road it was a speed camera looking van, with a police car in front of it, the windows on the back were completely blacked out, what kind of van is that, usually if they are a speed van they will have the windows pushed up wouldn't they? with no car, and in actual fact I thought they would have been sitting on the bridge at wenningtons looking down at vehicles moving away from them?.

TBH I don't know if I was speeding or not as I was to busy negotiating the traffic until I saw it, spoke to some of my mates and they reckon that if I had been illegally on the road or speeding I would have soon seen blue lights flashing in my mirrors.
VTRDark

Re: Is it an ANPR or a speed camera or both.

Post by VTRDark »

Usually both with those vans mate. They have a whole computer system onboard. Actually the majority of speed camera's now are both as they have all been digitised and new style camera's fitted everywhere, especially on the motorways and A roads. The only non ANPR camera's left now are the hand held gadgets plod use. The car is only there for those doing stupid speeds and those that come up as uninsured etc.
==============================Enter the Darkside
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

cybercarl wrote:Usually both with those vans mate. They have a whole computer system onboard. Actually the majority of speed camera's now are both as they have all been digitised and new style camera's fitted everywhere, especially on the motorways and A roads. The only non ANPR camera's left now are the hand held gadgets plod use. The car is only there for those doing stupid speeds and those that come up as uninsured etc.
I don't know what speed I was doing TBH in the fact whether I was over the limit or just a bit, the van was pointing forward looking towards, so hopefully if I was over then I'm okay.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

StormingHonda wrote:
cybercarl wrote:Usually both with those vans mate. They have a whole computer system onboard. Actually the majority of speed camera's now are both as they have all been digitised and new style camera's fitted everywhere, especially on the motorways and A roads. The only non ANPR camera's left now are the hand held gadgets plod use. The car is only there for those doing stupid speeds and those that come up as uninsured etc.
I don't know what speed I was doing TBH in the fact whether I was over the limit or just a bit, the van was pointing forward looking towards, so hopefully if I was over then I'm okay.
Some of the vans have forward faceing cameras as well...

If you were over the limit & they snapped you...You'll get a NIP in the post within a week !

I did earlier in the year. Got snapped on the Monday NIP plopped on the mat on Thursday.

There was a van scare on the Wales trip...nowt in the post yet so that looks cool... :thumbup: Famous last words...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

MacV2 wrote:
StormingHonda wrote:
Some of the vans have forward faceing cameras as well...

If you were over the limit & they snapped you...You'll get a NIP in the post within a week !

I did earlier in the year. Got snapped on the Monday NIP plopped on the mat on Thursday.

There was a van scare on the Wales trip...nowt in the post yet so that looks cool... :thumbup: Famous last words...
Yeah thats what someone said to me, they got the letter within 5 days, if after three weeks nothing then don't worry but police do have up till 6 months to serve NIP on you.

The police car was sat right in front of the speed/ANPR van so I am going to assume that if he did have a camera the police car wouldn't be there.

It really does take the fun out of motoring, yeah I know we shouldn't speed, but as a copper said to me once " theres a time and a place ", I don't do wheelies, stoppies or speed around pedestrian areas/schools but on motorway large A roads then yeah I do open up a little.

Makes me think why do I bother owning anything other than a cruiser, you just can't enjoy it unless you take it on track days.
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

Doesn't that stretch of the A13 have cameras along it now?
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

bald_pig wrote:Doesn't that stretch of the A13 have cameras along it now?
Yea both sides, but between wenington and Ford turn off no. And thats where they do little stings, usually during the summer during rush hour.