Please chip in and updat the rim fitment section.

General Biker Banter
RedStormJ

Please chip in and updat the rim fitment section.

Post by RedStormJ »

I have been spending days. Weeks on many forums looking up and down for a decent rear rim for my bike.
I cant find anything light enough for the money except for a sc57 rim. I would also do sc59.
Cant find any info on that sewap. I sound a super cheap set of represol rims for a 59. Tons of 57 rims. about 40 Sterling.
Guys I really need some more options. I have looked into so many wheels it isnt funny. I have been on 1100xx forums RVT forums 1000rr forums and vfr forums.
I just want to find something light that I can actually find bearings for. That is my biggest worry. I plan on keeping the stock parts around incase I ever do buy another bike so I dont want to molest the swinger to accept a tire.

For your sympathy. I cant afford a carbonfiber rim at this time or I sure would. I can spend around 400 usd max on this rim.

Its well known about f4I cbr1000xx its the same rim theres another bike but its usless info as its the same rim.
Looking for a 16 or 17 with the same with or slightly larger.
Brakes and sprocket will be new as I plan on buying a lighter set.
Please post any leads here or please update any swaps for the rear you have on the forum. Im litterally loosing sleep looking because I have some sweet deals but I dont want to get a rim I cant use.
alanfjones1411

Re: Please chip in and updat the rim fitment section.

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Have you looked at PVM wheels.I have a set of 6 spokes on my firestorm with a 190 tyre on the back and it has enough clearance on the swing arm.If you pm me your email address i can send you a couple of pics.However i do have a Ducati 916/996 front end so im unsure if they will be a straight swap.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Thanks for the offer man! I just got the information I needed for what I want to do. For a fact sc57 rims can fit and are lighter. I will fit carbonfiber rims when I have the extra capital but I am saving for a house so funds for fun are about 400usd a month.
I wanted a set of PM rims and looked everywhere for a used one. I know axle diamiter of the sc59 is the same but I dunno if the sc57 is 5 wide by 17 or 6 wide by 17
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

Vtr wheels are not as heavy as you would think. You can fit anything you want, using more or less effort.
Just for inspiration, I have wheels from triumph 675, which are supposed to be very light. Weight difference stated here
http://www.vtr1000.org/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 3&start=30
RedStormJ

Post by RedStormJ »

Ive found that the wheels from a late model seem to be the lightest as far as stock goes. There is a super cheap 5x17 forged rim here but I think its for a gixxer so I didnt bite.
Thanks for the info.
By the way all fireblades turn out to be 6 inch wide after the 929. I been digging like crazy. I am trying to find a nice set of 12 spokes but the wife wants a new wheel on the bike and I cant argue. Tire is all dried out and at least three years old. by spring I hope to have nice front rim and tire.