Out Of Hibernation!

General Biker Banter
wall.j

Out Of Hibernation!

Post by wall.j »

Good morning gents,

I'm planning on getting the bike out of my mates garage end of Feb where it's been for the winter. I drained the carbs, filled the tank, put it on paddock stands, covered in the magic spray and covered it.

Is there anything you recommend I do when I collect it or literally just jump on and ride? I serviced it before I rode the 100 miles to be stored.

Jamie

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
MacV2

Re: Out Of Hibernation!

Post by MacV2 »

Make sure the batt is fully charged...

Giver the starter a few stabs, dont hold down, to pull some fule into the carbs, the full choke & press the starter...works for me...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

If you didn't remove the battery ,do so now and charge it up as mac says .
If you've left it connected and with this cold it might be fooked
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

If the battery is strong enough I would recommend turning the engine over with the kill switch off so it wont start. Pulling the plugs out can help with making life easier for the battery and aid turn over speed if you want to go that far.
That will drag some oil up to the top end so you have some lubrication up there before you fire it up.
Don't forget to check tyre pressures, suspension, and especially the breaks fir any binding or sticking :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Pete.L wrote:If the battery is strong enough I would recommend turning the engine over with the kill switch off so it wont start. Pulling the plugs out can help with making life easier for the battery and aid turn over speed if you want to go that far.
That will drag some oil up to the top end so you have some lubrication up there before you fire it up.
Don't forget to check tyre pressures, suspension, and especially the breaks fir any binding or sticking :thumbup:

Pete.l
What he said. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
wall.j

Post by wall.j »

Thanks guys. Yes, I removed the battery and it's in the warm. It's fairly new, about 6 months old but I'll stick it on the trickle charger overnight to make sure it's full.

Nice one, hopefully I'll see some of you this year :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

alanfjones1411 wrote:
Pete.L wrote:If the battery is strong enough I would recommend turning the engine over with the kill switch off so it wont start. Pulling the plugs out can help with making life easier for the battery and aid turn over speed if you want to go that far.

Pete.l
What he said. :thumbup:
+1
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)