Helmet City

General Biker Banter
simon t

Helmet City

Post by simon t »

I'm not normally one to give testemonials, as I reckon companies should do what they're paid for, but having recently been burgered about by a couple of Internet companies I'm feeling generous, so here goes:

I'd been vaguely considering a replacement for my 15 year old Shoei helmet so tried on various brands in the shops. I obviously have a Shoei head as the only one I got on with was the GT Air. As well as the comfort I liked the drop down sun visor - useful when you live in the south of France :cool2 . However, a list price of 500 quid was quite scarey.

Doing a Google search I found Helmet City doing a GT Air, in a design called 'Cog' for 350 pounds, still a lot but more acceptable. (I guess the reduction was because the somewhat wacky design didn't appeal to all, but I like it).

So, I bit the bullet and placed my order on their excellent website on a Friday. The following Tuesday the helmet arrived, having received several delivery notifications from the company and their delivery company. The helmet was well packed and contained a checklist from Helmet City. After arrival I got an email from a review site and was happy to give them five stars. Oh and delivery to France was FREE!

Recommended.