Ouch - KTM highside

General Biker Banter
KermitLeFrog

Re: Ouch - KTM highside

Post by KermitLeFrog »

sirch345 wrote:
KermitLeFrog wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:20 pm
podman wrote:
Very nice choice mate, im glad to hear your still riding anyway, the problem related to your heart, was that detected because of the accident?
Yup. In some way the accident was a lucky break... Haha.
Any excuse to get another bike :wink: :)

Not something I'm sure you wanted to hear, but probably better to find out this way. Hopefully they can give you some help now before it gets worse.

Nothing wrong with a Tuono Image

Chris.
It's ready to roll. Swmbo made a really stupid comment today. "You're really excited about this new bike, aren't you?" Hmmmm, they just don't get it, do they.ImageImage
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Why is it those Aprilia's look sooooo damn sexy :lol:

I imagine we get excited over getting a new bike like our better haves get excited over a new pair of shoes, a coat/jacket or a handbag :wink: :shh:

Enjoy your new bike Kermit :thumbup:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

looks mighty pretty for sure
AMcQ
uk13iker

Post by uk13iker »

Very nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

That looks great. Divorce her, citing tastelessness.
You can keep the bikes and the garage, she gets the kids and the house.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

iv just had a crisis in my pants.... how do the italians cram so much sex into a bike like nobody else can..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

It's being delivered on Monday but, because of the 18 plate, I can't ride it until Thursday, and, no doubt it will be freezing fog and snow.

I've been reading through the hundreds of pages of the user manual. It's at the cutting edge of electronic trickery. "You want the front wheel limited to that height above the ground for how many seconds? Just dial it in here Sir". "Do you want to adjust your RLM (Rear wheel lift mitigation) Sir? Just dial it in here Sir". "Three stage launch control? Just push this button Sir". "Reduce your engine braking? that's engine map no: 2 Sir". You want a slow easy time Sir? Are you being serious? You can take it from "Race" to "Track" down to "Sport" but that's it. Nothing below that.

Mind you, a few things seem familiar. Fuel economy is crap and the Euro4 exhaust still manages to sound mega (and weighs a ton). The occasional engine grenades due to Richard valve stems. All future fun and games. The Storm is being polished, ready and waiting on the substitutes bench.

edit. "Richard" (that's dee eye cee key) gets autocorrected to "Richard". Ye Gods!
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Now that is excactly what I want and can afford, but but living in london the insurance is a killer and makes it a no go. Iv'e been saving the money and can afford a dream bike, Ducati, Aprillia, whatever, but when it come's down to the crunch it all comes down to insurance rip off costs :Argue 1: Insurance takes the piss and all I am left with for what is a good bang for buck is my Storm. Total fiddler insurance companies are and I wish hell on earth for them and thier family's. Preferably hell on thier family first so they can witness it and experiance the pain and then take them out afterwards. What a screwed up world we live in where companies / authorites are limiting the best we can make of our life to make us happy and live life to the full. We seriously need some major changes to this world. Extingush current goverments and the systems in place and replace with a new system, what...I don't know, but changes need to be made from the roots up for the benifit of the human race. IMO the monetry system needs to be extingushed. Folk can't be living life where money rules and everything leads to feeding the riches more who look down on those with less along with squeazing more out of them to their own benifit. Greed and selfishness is the killer.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

OMG!
That looks great! :D Excellent choice good sir :thumbup:
I've seen the forecast for next week and I'd suggest having it delivered to the living room so you can just ogle it for a bit. :erection:
I don't know why women don't appreciate these things. And they think we are from Mars? 8O
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

So how are you getting with the new ride Ian? Been far yet? 8O

Soz Couldn't resists. If I had one of them and I was looking out the window right now, I'd be pulling my hair out!
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Ho bloody ho. They can't even get the bike to my address so I can't even just look at it and stroke it.

Everything else I might have wanted to do this weekend is cancelled. SWMBO is away in Yorkshire on a girly weekend. It's been so quiet I don't even have any work to do.

So... I've been cooking. I feel like drinking but I've managed to avoid the temptation so far.. just.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

VTRDark wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:06 am Now that is excactly what I want and can afford, but but living in london the insurance is a killer and makes it a no go.
I feel your pain. Having spent days trying to organise sensible coverage the b'stards finally ground me down and I added a very expensive bit to my current insurance which runs out at the end of July. I should be able to do something more sensible then.

My mate from Kent has a 1290 KTM and won't take it into London due to all the bike-jacking going on. When he mentioned this I did some looky on YouTube and it's scarey.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Insurane has risen massivley in the last couple of years because of the bike jacking / theft. Iv'e spoken to a couple of courier friends of mine and they say that with the insurnce costs they are struggling.

Met Police clamping down on motorcycle crime

I'm not sure whether they can give chase yet if thieves are not wearing helmets. That's even if they can get through the traffic.

Police risk prosecution over moped crime chases

These gangs need dealling with and dealling with heavy handed. Right now they are free to roam and do what the hell they like. I wouldn't put it past the shady insurance companies to hire gangs to get up to stuff like this to push the prices up. I persoanlly think we need a new kind of insurance system. Everyone pay the same basic insurance for legal reasons and then anything extra paid on top is optional. Create a cometative market rather than them have us by the short and curlys because we have no other choice but to have insurance. As it stands they can simply make prices up, pull them out of a hat as and when they please and they all do the same so don't really compete aginst each other to reduce prices and make a sale.
==============================Enter the Darkside