Ouch - KTM highside

General Biker Banter
KermitLeFrog

Re: Ouch - KTM highside

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Update:
They let me out of Hospital on Monday evening and went home to GF. First time I've ever been given Morphine to take home.

Anyway, got back to my place yesterday afternoon, stopped taking the pills and swigging the Oramorph and woke up with a clear head this morning. Catching up with work. Sore but functioning.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Glad your home Kermit. Take it easy for a bit...Don't over do things...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

That's sounding better Kermit, as Mac says don't over do things,

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

You're on the mend. Take it easy. :thumbup:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Had a bit of a relapse. Not bleeding any more apart from a small internal "emission" (cue schoolboy sniggering) and a badly bruised lung. Discharged from hospital, hopefully for the last time, on Tuesday evening.

I had a bit of a run in with the Staff Nurse. My consultant and my physio lady want me drugged up so that I can cough and clear my lungs. So I am taking a hefty dose of Tramadol and Paracetamol during the day with Morphine as and when required. The bloody nurse decided I didn't really need the morphine despite what the doctor said. And, when they discharged me she conveniently found they didn't have the drugs prescribed to go with me. Fortunately I rang my GP in the morning and I'm now packing enough pain relief to sink a horse.

Learnt something as well. Tramadol is a "Controlled Drug" but Morphine isn't! Go figure.

I'm definately on the mend now. I've lost so much weight my trousers keep falling down but, hey, I can't run very fast anyway. The bike is not badly damaged but the subframe will need straightening. I reckon I'll get on to that in about a week.

Cheers
Ian
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Firstly I 'd like to say...snigger...

Wow your having fun with that...not.

GWS & as said before take it easy don't overdo things...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

They can rebuild him (and the bike) ... :D
KermitLeFrog wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:00 am Had a bit of a relapse. Not bleeding any more apart from a small internal "emission" (cue schoolboy sniggering) and a badly bruised lung. Discharged from hospital, hopefully for the last time, on Tuesday evening.

I had a bit of a run in with the Staff Nurse. My consultant and my physio lady want me drugged up so that I can cough and clear my lungs. So I am taking a hefty dose of Tramadol and Paracetamol during the day with Morphine as and when required. The bloody nurse decided I didn't really need the morphine despite what the doctor said. And, when they discharged me she conveniently found they didn't have the drugs prescribed to go with me. Fortunately I rang my GP in the morning and I'm now packing enough pain relief to sink a horse.

Learnt something as well. Tramadol is a "Controlled Drug" but Morphine isn't! Go figure.

I'm definately on the mend now. I've lost so much weight my trousers keep falling down but, hey, I can't run very fast anyway. The bike is not badly damaged but the subframe will need straightening. I reckon I'll get on to that in about a week.

Cheers
Ian
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's interesting. I'm guessing it's because of the increase of misuse or should I say abuse of it.
http://www.mims.co.uk/tramadol-reclassi ... le/1297952

But Morphine no longer a controlled drug WTF....makes no sense unless it's a Morphine derivative. So what have they given you, Oramorph, Oxycontin or what. There's some good pharma's out there but it's a shame that those that really require them sometimes have to suffer because of the abuse by them. I like the Morphine extended release capsules They give a good nights sleep, but taking them for too long a period brings on what I call morphine dreams which can be a bit dark and nightmarish.
==============================Enter the Darkside
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Yup, they gave me Oramorph (Morphine Sulphate in solution). Perhaps it's just pure Morphine that's controlled?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Horrormorph.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

I've been back in again (breathing difficulties) but got out of hospital, hopefully for the last (third) time, on Saturday evening. I've lost 13 kg (about 2 stone for you imperial guys) and as everyone gleefully tells me I look like sh1t.

With all the broken ribs, lung damage, internal bleeding an all they had missed heart damage so I ended up in the Cardio ward. An angiogram (a catheter stuck in a wrist artery and pushed up into the heart) amazingly showed coronary arteries in perfect health but the overall heart function was not as good as it could have been.

Anyway, there's a good chance that everything will heal up and sort itself out. I'm on a cocktail of pills and some heavy pain relief and gradually getting better. Probably another month before I can get back on a bike though. All this healing is really tiring as well. I'm sleeping half the day but managing to keep work under control with the other half.

When I came off I had elbow, knee, hip and shoulder armour. Heavy boots, good gloves and full face helmet and a rucsac full of soft stuff over my spine. Apart from slightly sore shoulders all of those areas were undamaged. I had nothing protective over my ribs and chest and I'm fairly sure the rib and chest (heart and lung) damage was caused by the bike and not the tarmac. I'm considering this a lesson learnt.

Toodle-pip.

Ps. Hospitals are such depressing places to be. The thoracic wards are full of people in great pain who make a lot of noise and they seem to have a high proportion of people with dementia. The cardiac wards are a bit better if you consider young guys lying there after heart attacks don't make so much noise. However when the 30 something guy in the bed opposite tells you he's there for the duration, he either gets a heart transplant or goes out in a box, it makes you realise how lucky you are.
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Bloody hell lad, that's been done off.
I know what you mean about lack of protection to your core. Still never seen anything out there that's suitable.
Suppose staying upright might be the best solution.
I agree, hospitals are sh1t places, it's one place I could never work and still have greatest admiration for those that do.

Sleeping half the day, i thought that was normal for you???
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Bloody hell,you've had rough time of it.Lets hope it's all on the up at last.GWS.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

ouch times 3.

hope its the last visit to the NHS, as you say they are not the best place to spend a few days.... too many sick people and too many bugs
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

jesus wept Ian your having a time of it?... get yourself chilled on pills and get rested :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: