The Problem...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

The Problem...

Post by MacV2 »

...with having 7 Storms, 3 of which have 2 keys, is keeping track of the spare keys...

I've had 9 keys cut in the last month so every thing has a spare...

Sorting them out today I had a mystery key, tried it in every lock of every bike...Spent a good 20mins on the one key...Then remembered...

I'd bought a lock set & had a spare cut for that...DOH ! :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Re: The Problem...

Post by fabiostar »

that is getting to epidemic having that many storms :lol: :lol:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If it takes you most of a sunny day choosing which bike to ride, then finding a key for it, maybe you have too many....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:49 am If it takes you most of a sunny day choosing which bike to ride, then finding a key for it, maybe you have too many....
Nah thats easy only two are on the road T&T + Insurance...

These are just the spare keys Tony the main keys I know wher they all are...easy to get to & which one for which bike...

The key sorting yesterday was mainly due to them all being in a big heap in a box, in a cuboard with no lables...

I've had a load cut so everything has a spare,* the paper tags are just a temp mesure, will pick up some key tags from work sometime to neaten it all up.

* You know what I'm like with keys...Remember DevonStorm last year & the snapped key @ the fule stop Sat morn... :oops: Only cost me £70 & all of us about an hour of riding time... I'll be taking a spare with me on Storm meets from now on... :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Firstly, why would you need to label a cupboard?
Secondly, you didn't mention the hot sweaty push of your bike up the hill in Devon, then again, perhaps it's best forgotten....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

There was a good 'how to' article in Practical Sports Bike Magazine last month Mac. Shows you how to match a barrel to a key so you can get back to one key per bike.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

freeridenick wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:20 pm There was a good 'how to' article in Practical Sports Bike Magazine last month Mac. Shows you how to match a barrel to a key so you can get back to one key per bike.
Yeah saw that, will have to re read it several times before I'd try that... :lol:

When I read it, the impresion was it was ign. barrel only...As its mainly seat locks that are diff thats the one you would need to change...

If you match the seat lock to the ign. you'd still have an odd key for the fuel cap. So idealy you'd make the seat lock the same as the ign...

Might have to look at one of the duff one to see if it comes apart. :think:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

tony.mon wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:24 am Firstly, why would you need to label a cupboard?
Secondly, you didn't mention the hot sweaty push of your bike up the hill in Devon, then again, perhaps it's best forgotten....
Memorys not what it usd to be Dave, I have to lable everything now...

Did I mention pushing the bike in the blazing Devon sunshine up hill in bike gear ? No, well it was very sweaty...

IIRC I thanked you at the time & Bazza & Malc & I bought you a beer later as well.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

shitting hell - i struggle remembering where one key is, labelled or not. I salute your key management struggles