Tick Tock

General Biker Banter
Chrisd

Tick Tock

Post by Chrisd »

Hi All, Question time!!! Have anyone had any issues with a tinny tapping sound at low revs and slight throttle. I does reduce when you pull the clutch in but is still there. At higher revs it seems to decrease or I just I can't hear it. It is not the MCCT's. Could it be something in the carb rattling on lower revs seems to go about 3500? Thanks
Wicky

Re: Tick Tock

Post by Wicky »

Airleak from exhaust manifold or link pipes ? Something loose on the bike and resonating? Cup the exhausts and have a listen around.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Chrisd wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:26 pm Hi All, Question time!!! Have anyone had any issues with a tinny tapping sound at low revs and slight throttle. I does reduce when you pull the clutch in but is still there. At higher revs it seems to decrease or I just I can't hear it. It is not the MCCT's. Could it be something in the carb rattling on lower revs seems to go about 3500? Thanks
ahh i was just chatting to you on facecake about this lol :thumbup: :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Chrisd

Post by Chrisd »

Going to try the easy bits before entering the clutch. Air leaks and Balancing the carbs.
Cheers lads. :clap: