thieves and trackers

General Biker Banter
bazzashadow

thieves and trackers

Post by bazzashadow »

hi all
I don't know if anyone has heard this before, but today someone was telling me that his mate went to twowheel Tuesday (Norfolk) and when he got home he put his bike in the garage.
later that night he remembered something in his garage, as he opened the door he noticed a little red light coming from his bike.
on closer inspection he sore a little tracker that had been put on his bike by the thieves to track it to his house.
he has told the police which have replied it is going on a lot.
the thieves then watch the house and when you are out steal the bike and ship it aboard.
easier to say than do but watch your bike after leaving it anywhere
grumpyfrog

Re: thieves and trackers

Post by grumpyfrog »

Thanks for the heads up.
Scrum are getting more sophisticated
Hope your mates got the bike moved away somewhere safe now for a bit.
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

he also told me the police said they freeze the bikes in a freezer unit so the trackers fitted to the bikes stop working but they have caught some because as they loaded them in a container the bikes thawed out setting the trackers working again.
600 bikes found :eek2
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Scrum are getting more sophisticated
You mean the technology has got more sophisticated. You see the problem is that technology works both ways. You can buy a tracker to track you bike in the case of theft prevention but the same technology can be used against you. There's only one winner here and that is the companies that invent and sell the stuff.
==============================Enter the Darkside
podman

Post by podman »

Yes, I have heard of this.

My friend had one put on his VW Golf , during he thinks, at a car meet, it was found when he had an exhaust fitted a week or so later, the police suspect he was too far away from the thieves locality to be bothered to see if they could have it away..clever but frightening stuff.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Thanks for the heads-up Bazza,

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

holy sh1t is nothing safe these days... :eek2 :eek2
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Correct.
BigVeeGrin

Post by BigVeeGrin »

fabiostar wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:09 pm holy sh1t is nothing safe these days... :eek2 :eek2
jeez, it appears not.
:thumbup: appreciate the info too
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Scooter Boyz decided a thief visit was in order:-

https://scooterlab.uk/40-scooterists-pa ... isit-news/

Chris.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That's fantastic and was well done. I just wish the govermnet would do something about poverty and the lack of employment so folk don't have to go out thieving for a living. It's only going to get worse as more automation and technology takes over along with the increase in living expenses, tax's, congestion and pollution charges etc. And those lucky enough to have a job don't need wages reduced anymore. Min wage needs raising to the point where folk don't have to thieve or sell drugs etc. Balance out the yin and yang. Fix the root of the problems.

They can legalise drugs for starters. Lots of these folk would happily work in an Amsterdam style coffee shop, growing, harvesting, bagging, I know I would. And just think not only is there employment created to make up for those that have been made redundant but there is a massive tax revinue to be made that can fix the NHS amongst other things. Crime rate will go down as a side effect, social nuisance will be taken off the streets, it's a win win. The problem is that goverment are so far up their own butt they haven't got a clue what goes on in the real world and just want to squeeze everything they can out of people and live in their own little bubble. It's no wonder why there is crime.

Jeez they could legalise prostitution and brothels too and there goes another crime that can be turned into a form of employment and more tax taken out of the criminals hands especially with the increase in eastern european gangs and trafficking. It's the entertainment and recreational industry that is up and coming as more high street shops close and vehicles become more automated. Right now all they are doing is creating criminality, hatered and resistance. But it's a form of self employment for the goverment. Create crime so you have a crime to fight. Create problems so you have problems to argue over and try to sought out. Screw everyone else and look after number 1 is their policy.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Can't agree with that.
No-one has to theive or sell drugs just because the government hadn't given them a job.
Lots of folks do ok living on the role and claiming benefits, but that doesn't give them the right to take anything they feel like.
Most people are basically honest, those that aren't deserve locking up.

That way they get free bed and board and all their bills paid, and they aren't in danger of nicking the bikes of honest people who have worked to earn the money to pay for it.

You go way too far sometimes, Carl.

Would you be happy if a jobless person relieved you of your bike?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

tony.mon wrote:Can't agree with that.
No-one has to theive or sell drugs just because the government hadn't given them a job.
Lots of folks do ok living on the role and claiming benefits, but that doesn't give them the right to take anything they feel like.
Most people are basically honest, those that aren't deserve locking up.

That way they get free bed and board and all their bills paid, and they aren't in danger of nicking the bikes of honest people who have worked to earn the money to pay for it.

You go way too far sometimes, Carl.

Would you be happy if a jobless person relieved you of your bike?
Well said Tony. There is no reason to steal someone’s pride and joy, they are just thieving scum and need to be punished accordingly. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
bazzashadow

Post by bazzashadow »

I could not believe what I was reading.
I was unemployed for a while but I didn’t got out thieving or selling drugs.
I have seen people selling drugs and having everything I would like, but I still don’t do it.
Instead of a slap on the wrist give them 30years.
Yes prisons are full
Give people very stiff sentences and the price does not pay and people would think twice which would then stop people going to prison.
Would they nick my bike if they were going to get 30 years, I don’t think so
Problem solved
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Unfortunalty the benefit system does not work anymore becuase so many folk and the media started kicking up a stink about dole bludgers so you will find more folk are turning to alternative methods. Even those that are generally in need of benifits are strugglng to get them. In-fact the benifit system is a form of entrapment a way to get you working for them to reach targets and then you get the money rather than working for yourself to look for a long term job so forces one to not bother signing on and look for alernatives. How do you think they got the unemployment numbers down.

Yeh you can stick them in prison. Sticking them in prison is costing you more in tax payers money than the actual value of the item to begin with and most of the time it's an education learning from others on how to improve so not to get caught next time and / or make new contacts. Gives them street cred too which they will wear like a badge of honour. For some folk prison is a safe haven especially if homeless and /or addicted to some drugs and are trying their hardest to get in and gain access to social services, mental health, education, housing etc. It's not like we can pack them all off to Australia anymore. Maybe next time you need something from the NHS they wont be able to give it to you because the prison service got that portion of funding for the last 30 years. How's that going to help anyone. So it's more complex than saying, you stole something so you go to prison. Life is a prison sentence for some.

I'm not condoning that folk should go out thieving unless it's stealling from the super rich to feed the poor. All I'm saying is that society needs to get to the root of the problems and even more important now as we become more populated and there are less and less jobs along with lower wages, zero hours contracts etc. Combine that with the increase in living costs and what have we got. So why not get rid of some stupid laws and turn them from something negative and into a positive to improve things. It's no good turning a blind eye and locking everyone up. Babies are not born bad. They are either brought up in bad surroundings and / or society has given them a crap deal including at times the parents they are given. Another solution I think would help is to bring back national service. A bit of square bashing and install some morals and guidance into peoples lives from a young age. Maybe boot camps for those parents that can't cope. For all the flaws the US have got, their children’s boot camps seem to work and turn them around. That would be more of an education than sending kids to the local comprehensive school where the kids rule. We have severe social issues and we are all to blame for it so in effect we are stealling from ourselves.

The probem is that society has now lost all morals and respect for each other. A gentlemans handshake means nothng to some now and they will all to easy stab you in the back after shaking hands. Those scooter boys could have easily turned up and bashed the living daylights out of that person but they didn't. They have tried to shame or shock that person into changing and doing the right thing so well done them for not bringing themselves down to the same level.